1,612 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Faith2020 said:

Which evidences did you provide please? 

1.      A cover letter

2.      A copy of the official job offer letter (signed)

3.      Tuition Balance of my wife

4.      A copy of my credit balance

5.      A copy of my wife’s credit balance

I haven't received confirmation, so I faxed everything again today.

On 11/28/2020 at 11:23 AM, JACKP said:

I tried so many times . Tier 2 officers always tell me that they can't schedule one for me and there is no such thing as expedited BIOMETRICS Request. I understand that the person that helped you was kind enough. But just curious, is there any thing specific you told him other then request to schedule and do you know that all of them have the access to create or only few ?

I am sorry to hear that but believe me, I TOTALLY feel you... as you know, not all tier 2s are helpful. This is the most terrible experience in my life as I almost lose my job. In my case, I really need EAD card to start working so I told them I needed to expedite EAD, which means I had to get biometrics ASAP. I had all evidence for financial loss ready. 

It was actually not clear which officer helped me, because I remember calling them every day for two weeks...Yes, I got up at 8:00am (5:00am when I was in West Coast) every morning to call them. In those days they didn't have this 7-day call back policy from tier2 so I was able to talk to tier 2s everyday. I asked them to schedule for me, even though they also kept telling me they couldn't do it...until one day when I called again, a tier 1 (a friendly male) told me I was scheduled. With that said, I still don't know how exactly I got scheduled, but definitely it is not a magic where I just sit and wait and it suddenly happens... my only advice is to keep trying and keep calling, better than doing nothing. And I have seen other people successfully getting bio app thru tier2, so I wish the best luck to you too! :)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Lenanami said:

I am sorry to hear that but believe me, I TOTALLY feel you... as you know, not all tier 2s are helpful. This is the most terrible experience in my life as I almost lose my job. In my case, I really need EAD card to start working so I told them I needed to expedite EAD, which means I had to get biometrics ASAP. I had all evidence for financial loss ready. 

It was actually not clear which officer helped me, because I remember calling them every day for two weeks...Yes, I got up at 8:00am (5:00am when I was in West Coast) every morning to call them. In those days they didn't have this 7-day call back policy from tier2 so I was able to talk to tier 2s everyday. I asked them to schedule for me, even though they also kept telling me they couldn't do it...until one day when I called again, a tier 1 (a friendly male) told me I was scheduled. With that said, I still don't know how exactly I got scheduled, but definitely it is not a magic where I just sit and wait and it suddenly happens... my only advice is to keep trying and keep calling, better than doing nothing. And I have seen other people successfully getting bio app thru tier2, so I wish the best luck to you too! :)

Totally agree with this message 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Just sharing my experience!

I had my interview done on 25th, only I did the interview, and the interviewer just asked for my passport and EAD, that’s it. She didn’t ask for any other documents that I brought.
After checking my passport and EAD, she basically just went through my I-485 info. The whole interview was just for 15-20mins, then I signed my name on the form and found out new card is being produced 30mins after we left the building. 

From my experience, the whole process went really fast after I completed my biometric. 

Wish everyone luck! 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Joliec said:

Just sharing my experience!

I had my interview done on 25th, only I did the interview, and the interviewer just asked for my passport and EAD, that’s it. She didn’t ask for any other documents that I brought.
After checking my passport and EAD, she basically just went through my I-485 info. The whole interview was just for 15-20mins, then I signed my name on the form and found out new card is being produced 30mins after we left the building. 

From my experience, the whole process went really fast after I completed my biometric. 

Wish everyone luck! 

Waaaaw congratulations 🎉🍾🎊 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Hazhartkd said:

1.      A cover letter

2.      A copy of the official job offer letter (signed)

3.      Tuition Balance of my wife

4.      A copy of my credit balance

5.      A copy of my wife’s credit balance

I haven't received confirmation, so I faxed everything again today.

Thank you! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, JACKP said:

Anyone else left for Biometrics from MAY Filter or I am the last one alive 😔!

You are not alone! PD of May 28 and we are still waiting. I see on the USCIS.GOV site they are supposedly processing EAD (so biometrics to go with this) for May 16. This has been a long, slow, brutal process!!!

N-400 Interview completed 05/29/2024 (Detroit): N-400 approved; I-751 approved; received notice that Oath Ceremony scheduled for 06/17/2024 (Detroit)

NOA updated online 04/18/24 for N-400: Interview scheduled for 05/29/24

NOA received 03/04/24 confirming N-400 application and reuse of biometrics

Biometrics being reused for N-400: Notification online 02/28/024

N-400 Application Accepted: 02/15/2024; Notified by text 02/20/2024

I-751 Amendment Request of Jointly Filed I-751 to Waiver: Delivered 09/09/2023 with hard copy of docs; wasn't able to upload docs till 01/30/2024 due to glitch in their system

Notice Green Card Extended for 48 months: 03/11/2023

I-751 Petition To Remove Conditions on Residence (Jointly Filed)Application Accepted: 03/06/2023; Biometrics being reused

Conditional Green Card: granted 05/14/2021

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
4 minutes ago, PhoenixNiro said:

You are not alone! PD of May 28 and we are still waiting. I see on the USCIS.GOV site they are supposedly processing EAD (so biometrics to go with this) for May 16. This has been a long, slow, brutal process!!!

Ya I am PD MAY 15 and haven't head anything yet. Also regarding the processing times ,congressman I contacted have to say like this

"As far as the processing times go, there is no way to hold them accountable for exceeding those limits. They are time estimates, not guarantees."

Never felt so helpless and anxious in my entire life :( .

Edited by JACKP

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JACKP said:

Ya I am PD MAY 15 and haven't head anything yet. Also regarding the processing times ,congressman I contacted have to say like this

Never felt so helpless and anxious in my entire life :( .

Hang in there. We'll get there eventually (Island time apparently). It took us several tries (and a number of months) to get our initial application through...comedy of errors. So this is really not a surprise. Frustrating? Oh definitely. But we are not letting some bureaucracy BS derail our lives. Chin up. We'll have great stories to tell for years to come 😆

N-400 Interview completed 05/29/2024 (Detroit): N-400 approved; I-751 approved; received notice that Oath Ceremony scheduled for 06/17/2024 (Detroit)

I-751 Amendment Request of Jointly Filed I-751 to Waiver: Delivered 09/09/2023 with hard copy of docs; wasn't able to upload docs till 01/30/2024 due to glitch in their system

I-751 Petition To Remove Conditions on Residence (Jointly Filed)Application Accepted: 03/06/2023; Biometrics being reused

Timeline
1 hour ago, JACKP said:

Anyone else left for Biometrics from MAY Filter or I am the last one alive 😔!

Keep calling them. You will have your answer soon. 

Hi, 

I expedited my EAD and they asked me for evidences that I faxed the documents two times, but I haven't received any confirmation email to see if they got my documents for financial loss. Now the status for I765 is "Expedite Request Received". Today the status of I131 was changed to "Expedite Request Approved" while I haven't requested for I131, I requested for I765. Is this a mistake? Anyone has similar situation? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Faith2020 said:

Keep calling them. You will have your answer soon. 

Yes , I am continuously doing that. They always say to me that as we responded to you last time as below .

Your application information has been entered into the system which schedules applicants for biometrics at their local Application Support Center (ASC). Biometrics appointments are scheduled as slots become available at the ASC. Once you have been scheduled for an appointment, you will receive an ASC Appointment Notice to appear at a certain date and time at your local ASC. You must take the ASC Appointment Notice and photo ID to your appointment.

Above is the same response I am getting from past 2 months i.e. through congressman inquires and all my e-request .They say now there is nothing in there hands as info is in the system and i just have to wait (infinitely) 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, JACKP said:

Yes , I am continuously doing that. They always say to me that as we responded to you last time as below .

Above is the same response I am getting from past 2 months i.e. through congressman inquires and all my e-request .They say now there is nothing in there hands as info is in the system and i just have to wait (infinitely) 

Yep...getting the same response as well through various channels. Feels like quite the blow off. 🤨

Timeline
2 hours ago, Hazhartkd said:

Hi, 

I expedited my EAD and they asked me for evidences that I faxed the documents two times, but I haven't received any confirmation email to see if they got my documents for financial loss. Now the status for I765 is "Expedite Request Received". Today the status of I131 was changed to "Expedite Request Approved" while I haven't requested for I131, I requested for I765. Is this a mistake? Anyone has similar situation? 

I made a request yesterday as well. I haven’t received any email. I checked earlier today and I got the same message as you, except my I-131 says case received. Therefore I was wondering if I should also make an expedite for I-131 or it comes automatically together with I-765. 

also, I think it’s a good sign in your case. They will surely approve your I-765. Please keep us updated. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.