MitchEdi

I-824 or follow to join

241 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Liberia
Timeline

Hello friends, I wrote our attorney to contact uscis as it relates our case but to no avail. Since our case was approved July 24, 2020, we have not heard anything from uscis,  nvc and consulate. 

What can we do at this stage? We have experienced a lot of delay. 

Timeline

PD: 02/10/ 2020 

AD: 07/24/2020

As of today,  we have not heard from nvc. We contacted NVC but they told us that they don't have our case. 

I wrote our attorney to contact uscis as it relates our case but to no avail. Since our case was approved July 24, 2020, we have not heard anything from uscis,  nvc and consulate. 

What can we do at this stage? We have experienced a lot of delay. A way forward please 🙏

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
9 hours ago, Francis Keletee P said:

As of today,  we have not heard from nvc. We contacted NVC but they told us that they don't have our case. 

I wrote our attorney to contact uscis as it relates our case but to no avail. Since our case was approved July 24, 2020, we have not heard anything from uscis,  nvc and consulate. 

What can we do at this stage? We have experienced a lot of delay. A way forward please 🙏

You mother can contact her congressman to get assistance with contacting Vermont Service Center

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

9 hours ago, Francis Keletee P said:

contact the ombudsman office, in my case it helped getting from USCIS to NVC

Timeline
3 hours ago, Francis Keletee P said:

How do I contact them?

I think that you do not understand that you cannot contact anyone.  Due to privacy acts, only your mother can contact them as she has to sign release of information from her so that they can investigate her case.  

You can help her get the paperwork together to send to them, but she has to sign everything.

Edited by Pinkrlion

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Francis Keletee P said:

Waterloo, Iowa.

US Rep - Ashley Hinson - https://hinson.house.gov/address_authentication?form=/contact

US Senate - Chuck Grassley - https://www.grassley.senate.gov/contact

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

Thank you.

Edited by Francis Keletee P

On 4/11/2021 at 11:16 AM, Francis Keletee P said:

Thank you.

I have sent all requested documents to NVC and it was delivered on Friday as per the tracking from USPS. I haven't received any update from NVC yet? Does NVC notify us after  they receive documents ? How long does it take to receive the notification from NVC?

Timeline
49 minutes ago, drmsapna said:

I have sent all requested documents to NVC and it was delivered on Friday as per the tracking from USPS. I haven't received any update from NVC yet? Does NVC notify us after  they receive documents ? How long does it take to receive the notification from NVC?

You will receive a notification when they receive your documents and they will review your documents as per the date they were received.  To know when you will heard from nvc after they review your documents,  please keep viewing nvc time lines. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

My case is follow-to-join through my wife's US permanent residency. I am confused with the "Petitioner" section in DS-260 form. I really appreciate it if you guys can help me with that.

In the "Petitioner" section, what do I need to select for "Petitioner is my"? Is "Other" the correct answer?

Also for the "Organization Name"? My wife has got her green card through NIW, so she did not have any employer.

Edited by Mithridates

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.