MitchEdi

I-824 or follow to join

241 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Liberia
Timeline
1 hour ago, JR & RT said:

Francis Keletee Pedro 

1 hour ago, MitchEdi said:

HI EVERYONE, please find me on FB messenger! Thank you.  Michelle Olvido Lascano. And we can start making a group. ☺️

Check your messenger box. 

• 3 months later...

I have green card and I sent I-824 and I checked box “c” to request fallow to joint for my minor 2 kids. However I received a notification let me know that I have approved form I-130 and I don’t have form I-485. So what to do now? How I request fallow to joint? If I have a green card and form 1-130 Please help. 

• 2 months later...
On 3/17/2021 at 2:14 PM, drmsapna said:

@MitchEdi Can you please check your approval notice and confirm if its look like the same ? I was worried as it does not mention about NVC in the notice. 

I824 notice.jpg

@drmsapna -

I am also from Nepal. Mine I-824 approval notice looks exactly like yours. My approval notice doesn't mention NVC. Mine was approved on 09/21/2021 and still I haven't received welcome letter from anywhere. Please let me know if you received one from NVC or Consolate. Also please let me know how long it took and which route you ended up going (NVC/Consolate).

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Sarose said:

@drmsapna -

I am also from Nepal. Mine I-824 approval notice looks exactly like yours. My approval notice doesn't mention NVC. Mine was approved on 09/21/2021 and still I haven't received welcome letter from anywhere. Please let me know if you received one from NVC or Consolate. Also please let me know how long it took and which route you ended up going (NVC/Consolate).

Email NVCcongressional.state.gov and attach your approval notice. You can also email NVCreseach.state.gov and do the same.

Put your Receipt number and principal applicant's / petitioner's names and dates of birth in the subject line and also in the body.

Timeline
Just now, Francis Keletee P said:

Email NVCcongressional.state.gov and attach your approval notice. You can also email NVCreseach.state.gov and do the same.

Put your Receipt number and principal applicant's / petitioner's names and dates of birth in the subject line and also in the body.

I had a similar problem and I solve it through this means. I was able to get my case and invoice numbers through NVC congressional.state.gov

• 3 months later...

Hi All, I got approval for I824 follow to join petition for my minor son, quick question ... petitioner and beneficary on the approved 824 showing my name only, just want to make sure this is OK? waiting for NVC welcome details, Also it would be great if you can add me to group, so that i can get some guidance on next steps, Thanks all for your help

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Timeline

My case is DQ at NVC in March. I received an email from the NVC congressional informing me that my case is DA and it was on the 29, 2022. On April 1, I received an email from NVC informing me officially that my case was DQ.

I have tried to log in to my CEAC account but I saw: that the case you have attempted to access is not eligible to be processed further by the NVC at this time.

What does this me?

Case: IB1- immediate relative category 

County: Liberia 

On 2/7/2022 at 12:48 AM, JOHNLA83 said:

Hi All, I got approval for I824 follow to join petition for my minor son, quick question ... petitioner and beneficary on the approved 824 showing my name only, just want to make sure this is OK? waiting for NVC welcome details, Also it would be great if you can add me to group, so that i can get some guidance on next steps, Thanks all for your help

Yes, it is the petitioner's details. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 7/31/2021 at 12:40 PM, Felesbina said:

I have green card and I sent I-824 and I checked box “c” to request fallow to joint for my minor 2 kids. However I received a notification let me know that I have approved form I-130 and I don’t have form I-485. So what to do now? How I request fallow to joint? If I have a green card and form 1-130 Please help. 

You can only file I-824 when you AOS.  You will have to file I-130 for each child.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.