MitchEdi

I-824 or follow to join

241 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Mithridates said:

Hello everyone,

My case is follow-to-join through my wife's US permanent residency. I am confused with the "Petitioner" section in DS-260 form. I really appreciate it if you guys can help me with that.

In the "Petitioner" section, what do I need to select for "Petitioner is my"? Is "Other" the correct answer?

Also for the "Organization Name"? My wife has got her green card through NIW, so she did not have any employer.

Hi, yes I put mine as OTHER.  Then in the box I put...my petitioner is my husband who is an LPR, living and working in USA. 

Edited by MitchEdi

11 hours ago, MitchEdi said:

Hi, yes I put mine as OTHER.  Then in the box I put...my petitioner is my husband who is an LPR, living and working in USA. 

Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply. I fixed my form as you suggested. Do you have any suggestions for "Organization Name"? I was thinking to enter "Not Applicable". 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Mithridates said:

Thank you again. That is weird why I have got this part. I have attached a picture of that weird section. Anyway, I will go with "Not Applicable".

My husband got it also. The lawyers wrote the information of my petitioner in it.

image.png.81b1ffef5c730bbd2a4b5f2a0d8617bf.png

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mithridates said:

Thank you. Did he get "Organization Name" too (red circle in the attached picture)?

Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 2.38.59 PM.png

Yes, he got it. As I mentioned in the previous reply, my husband had all those boxes and the lawyers filled with my petitioner info.

image.png.037285b35eea837ec76ac248c8036377.png

51 minutes ago, JR & RT said:

My husband got it also. The lawyers wrote the information of my petitioner in it.

image.png.81b1ffef5c730bbd2a4b5f2a0d8617bf.png

Ah!!! i think I put N/A to this and when I printed out my DS260 for my own copy, that did not appear anymore.  After the EXPLAIN OTHER,  the PETITIONER'S ADDRESS is next.  So I think I have put N/A to ORGANIZATION'S NAME.  My lawyer checked my DS260 before I submitted it. 

2 minutes ago, MitchEdi said:

Ah!!! i think I put N/A to this and when I printed out my DS260 for my own copy, that did not appear anymore.  After the EXPLAIN OTHER,  the PETITIONER'S ADDRESS is next.  So I think I have put N/A to ORGANIZATION'S NAME.  My lawyer checked my DS260 before I submitted it. 

It looks both N/A and Petitioner Name should work for that field. Thank you :)

1 minute ago, MitchEdi said:

This is my printed copy after I put NA to the ORGANIZATION'S NAME.  It did not appear in the print out of my DS260.  

image.jpg

3 minutes ago, Mithridates said:

If your case has moved forward, so N/A works. Have you got your interview?

Not yet as US Embassy has just opened.  I completed submitting everything July 15th and got Documentarily Qualified August 2020. Goodluck to you.  I hope I have helped you in any way. 🙂

Edited by MitchEdi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.