ShayrineC

Medical Report from K1 Given Back to Me at POE

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi all, been something bugging me since POE, and was wondering if anyone else encountered similar issues.

I came in to the US via San Francisco (SFO) on a K1 visa on January 29th 2020. At POE, the officer opened the yellow packet given to me by the embassy, and returned some documents like evidence of relationship, photographs etc.

They also returned my medical documents back to me. At that time, I thought it was abit odd, but was just relieved that the POE was smooth to question. I asked the officer whether they don't need the medical, and he said no.

Just wondering if anyone knows if these records are copied into the USCIS system or anything. And if there is anything I should do on my end.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
54 minutes ago, ShayrineC said:

Hi all, been something bugging me since POE, and was wondering if anyone else encountered similar issues.

I came in to the US via San Francisco (SFO) on a K1 visa on January 29th 2020. At POE, the officer opened the yellow packet given to me by the embassy, and returned some documents like evidence of relationship, photographs etc.

They also returned my medical documents back to me. At that time, I thought it was abit odd, but was just relieved that the POE was smooth to question. I asked the officer whether they don't need the medical, and he said no.

Just wondering if anyone knows if these records are copied into the USCIS system or anything. And if there is anything I should do on my end.

The embassy might have sent a digital version of your packet. If they didn't, then I don't get why the officer did that.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ayrton said:

The embassy might have sent a digital version of your packet. If they didn't, then I don't get why the officer did that.

Thanks. I am looking into this Consolidated Consular Database (CCD) that electronic files about visas are stored. Also contacted the Singaporean embassy to try and find out whether they sent anything electronically.

I'm just worried that this would cause gaping holes in my A-file. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Or whether I need to contact someone to fix this?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I remember a couple of people reporting something like that and the CBP telling them that they don't need the paper file because everything was submitted online.

If you're not sure what to do then send it in together with your AOS application and a note explaining what happened. 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

I remember a couple of people reporting something like that and the CBP telling them that they don't need the paper file because everything was submitted online.

If you're not sure what to do then send it in together with your AOS application and a note explaining what happened. 

Thanks very much for the reply. Unfortunately I had submitted my AOS application last week on the 14th so that ship has kinda sailed. Was lurking around VJ being all anxious about not getting the NOAs before I saw the stuff about the medical report originals.

In this case, do you think I should wait and see if I get an RFE before I do anything, like send the originals to USCIS? I am just remembering the advice of several threads which advise against sending follow-up documentations and info too quickly (before getting RFEs) since that might be confusing to officers handling the application. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
4 minutes ago, ShayrineC said:

Thanks very much for the reply. Unfortunately I had submitted my AOS application last week on the 14th so that ship has kinda sailed. Was lurking around VJ being all anxious about not getting the NOAs before I saw the stuff about the medical report originals.

In this case, do you think I should wait and see if I get an RFE before I do anything, like send the originals to USCIS? I am just remembering the advice of several threads which advise against sending follow-up documentations and info too quickly (before getting RFEs) since that might be confusing to officers handling the application. 

Yea I would wait now. As long as you don't have a case number it's too risky to send anything. Wait if there will be a RFE and if not ( and I really want to believe that CBP knew what they're doing ) just take everything with you to the interview. 

Timeline
Just now, Letspaintcookies said:

Yea I would wait now. As long as you don't have a case number it's too risky to send anything. Wait if there will be a RFE and if not ( and I really want to believe that CBP knew what they're doing ) just take everything with you to the interview. 

The CBP guy seemed to know what he was doing and I asked him three times to be sure and he kept saying no. Didn't want to risk irritating him and getting sent home at POE 😅

Thanks so much for your replies, really appreciate it. Have a great rest of the evening.

18 hours ago, ShayrineC said:

Thanks. I am looking into this Consolidated Consular Database (CCD) that electronic files about visas are stored. Also contacted the Singaporean embassy to try and find out whether they sent anything electronically.

I'm just worried that this would cause gaping holes in my A-file. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Or whether I need to contact someone to fix this?

Yes they return a portion of you K1 packet to you the rest they forward digitally to USCIS, if it is not already in your file.. Insofar as the medical information are you talking about the sealed envelope (brown) I think its marked US health services (or similar wording). As long as you have a copy of the DS3025 you are good. Just keep everything in case you will need it at a later date, you can always take it with you to the interview.

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

22 hours ago, ShayrineC said:

When you apply for Adjustment of Status, send a copy of your medical. See #10 of the guide below.

Guide for AOS

https://www.visajourney.com/guides/adjustment-of-status-k1-k3-visas/

Naturalization Timeline

01/05/2020.......Filed N-400 online.

01/07/2020.......I-751 transferred from Texas Service Center to Lee's Summit.

01/31/2020.......Biometrics Appointment.

03/06/2020.......Interview Scheduled 04/16/2020.

06/16/2020.......Interview Rescheduled 07/08/2020

07/08/2020.......Approved

08/20/2020.......Oath Ceremony

N400 January 2020 filers spread sheet  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bxlnPL1_Ln6rGAZcTwEf6e-dNjQkBmr02wYi6baeIF0/edit#gid=0

Timeline
4 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Yes they return a portion of you K1 packet to you the rest they forward digitally to USCIS, if it is not already in your file.. Insofar as the medical information are you talking about the sealed envelope (brown) I think its marked US health services (or similar wording). As long as you have a copy of the DS3025 you are good. Just keep everything in case you will need it at a later date, you can always take it with you to the interview.

Thanks for the reply.

It wasn't marked US health services or anything related... the medical reports (DS-2054, DS-3030, and DS-3025 originals) was in one singular yellow envelope, unmarked in a mishmash of documents all stacked together uncategorised. The pile of documents includes our Skype logs, some bank statements, a copy of our i-129F petition and other misc. stuff like paper clips we had used in the original i-129F submission. So it was not sealed in a separate envelope like they are important documents or anything.

Strangely, the CBP officer also gave me back the torn yellow envelope to hold all the returned documents as well.

I've read that usually the envelope just gets surrendered whole to the CBP and people don't get anything back, so I'm just confused as hell lol.

9 minutes ago, ShayrineC said:

Thanks for the reply.

It wasn't marked US health services or anything related... the medical reports (DS-2054, DS-3030, and DS-3025 originals) was in one singular yellow envelope, unmarked in a mishmash of documents all stacked together uncategorised. The pile of documents includes our Skype logs, some bank statements, a copy of our i-129F petition and other misc. stuff like paper clips we had used in the original i-129F submission. So it was not sealed in a separate envelope like they are important documents or anything.

Strangely, the CBP officer also gave me back the torn yellow envelope to hold all the returned documents as well.

I've read that usually the envelope just gets surrendered whole to the CBP and people don't get anything back, so I'm just confused as hell lol.

No you are ok, they took what they wanted and or needed. Just keep the rest just in case.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
4 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

No you are ok, they took what they wanted and or needed. Just keep the rest just in case.

Great, will keep that in mind. Thanks for the advice!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.