1,791 posts in this topic

After submitting a second outside normal processing time enquiry, l was told that my case is being held up because the Federal Records Center is closed due to covid and l would be scheduled for interview as soon as my record is received. I don't understand what this means. How come all these other people don't have to wait? Why me?

"According to USCIS records, your application is still pending. At this time, your file is located at the Federal Records Center (FRC).  Due to the pandemic, the FRC is currently closed. As soon as the Detroit Field Office receives your file, you will be scheduled for interview. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by delays in processing."

Edited by orangeal

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline
9 hours ago, orangeal said:

After submitting a second outside normal processing time enquiry, l was told that my case is being held up because the Federal Records Center is closed due to covid and l would be scheduled for interview as soon as my record is received. I don't understand what this means. How come all these other people don't have to wait? Why me?

"According to USCIS records, your application is still pending. At this time, your file is located at the Federal Records Center (FRC).  Due to the pandemic, the FRC is currently closed. As soon as the Detroit Field Office receives your file, you will be scheduled for interview. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by delays in processing."

I suspect based on this response your case can be pushed via the Ombudsman / Congressman's office to obtain your file. FRC's do open on emergency basis.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Cloggie said:

SFV Processing 14.5 months for Citizenship. Filed in April 2020.

Not sure what this message means.

Waiting_ period.png

Doesn't mean much. Mine was also showing remaining time but then just changed to Taking longer then expected. 

Timeline

So I submitted Outside normal processing times request a couple of weeks ago and got response today. Not much help other than knowing the reason I'm stuck. 

"At this time, your case is pending the transfer of your immigration file from one of our records facilities to the local field office processing your case. Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there have been delays in the transfer of files from some of our records facility, which has caused longer than normal processing times. Your local field office is working to receive your file as quickly as possible and will timely proceed with the adjudication of your case as soon as your file is received. We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience."

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline

W

5 hours ago, Yupibotan said:

So I submitted Outside normal processing times request a couple of weeks ago and got response today. Not much help other than knowing the reason I'm stuck. 

"At this time, your case is pending the transfer of your immigration file from one of our records facilities to the local field office processing your case. Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there have been delays in the transfer of files from some of our records facility, which has caused longer than normal processing times. Your local field office is working to receive your file as quickly as possible and will timely proceed with the adjudication of your case as soon as your file is received. We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience."

What is your field office ? Have you considered writing to the Ombudsman/ engaging a lawyer - its unfair that some folks are being delayed while others have theirs completed swiftly.

San Fernando Valley. I have contacted my attorney and he informed me, the process is delayed, due to Covid.

Still, I see a lot of people breezing through the process in a few months...

Timeline
28 minutes ago, roddie2k said:

W

What is your field office ? Have you considered writing to the Ombudsman/ engaging a lawyer - its unfair that some folks are being delayed while others have theirs completed swiftly.

I did contact ombudsman, waiting for response. I don't see any value in contacting lawyer yet. Most likely will just get same response that the case is delayed due to covid 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

Anyone else still stuck in the limbo ?

18 months and counting... Interview was in May 2021, RFE response submitted 3 days after the interview. This was over 5 months ago...

Also, does anyone know how to find the local ombudsman, and what exactly is the "service" you'd be asking them to provide ? 

Thanks in advance !

Edited by TheFinn

Guys I feel you all. I filled the application online in April 23 2020. Field office Oakland park Florida.  My case is way out of processing times. Two service requests. No results.  January bio reuse.  Like all of you they don’t get it but all my family is suffering because of this #######! While we were waiting my son turned 18 so had to file a separate application and pay extra money.  My daughter is a pro tennis player is stuck without documents for travel as she can’t make her russian and she can t make travel doc as it takes 11 month to get it, I’m loosing my inheritance in my country because again I don’t have any documents, my hockey son can’t play for us junior league as he is not a citizen yet. I call them all the time. I send them an expedite request and they requested proof which I did send them but no reply since. My next step next week is my congresswoman. I’m already thinking maybe I can just file a new application? As everyone here I know so many people that filed after us and are citizens already. Prayers for all of us waiting🙏🏻

1 hour ago, TheFinn said:

Anyone else still stuck in the limbo ?

18 months and counting... Interview was in May 2021, RFE response submitted 3 days after the interview. This was over 5 months ago...

Also, does anyone know how to find the local ombudsman, and what exactly is the "service" you'd be asking them to provide ? 

Thanks in advance !

https://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance
i don’t know if there is one that you can find in your district but here on the website it explains what you have to do.  

Timeline
20 minutes ago, TatianaZ said:

https://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance
i don’t know if there is one that you can find in your district but here on the website it explains what you have to do.  

Thank you !

Timeline
53 minutes ago, TatianaZ said:

Guys I feel you all. I filled the application online in April 23 2020. Field office Oakland park Florida.  My case is way out of processing times. Two service requests. No results.  January bio reuse.  Like all of you they don’t get it but all my family is suffering because of this #######! While we were waiting my son turned 18 so had to file a separate application and pay extra money.  My daughter is a pro tennis player is stuck without documents for travel as she can’t make her russian and she can t make travel doc as it takes 11 month to get it, I’m loosing my inheritance in my country because again I don’t have any documents, my hockey son can’t play for us junior league as he is not a citizen yet. I call them all the time. I send them an expedite request and they requested proof which I did send them but no reply since. My next step next week is my congresswoman. I’m already thinking maybe I can just file a new application? As everyone here I know so many people that filed after us and are citizens already. Prayers for all of us waiting🙏🏻

@TatianaZ, so sorry for your struggles ! Hoping for a quick closure for you , and everyone else in this ridiculous mess.

Same thing here, filed april 17th 2020. Interview done in may 2021, RFE submitted and then... silence. Total ignorance.

Two service requests - no response.

Probably a good 20 emails through myUSCIS portal - No response. 

Got in touch with the congressman, received a response, "we are looking to your case"... then nothing for months. Other than spam emails asking to sign this and sign that. 

Recently moved and just wrote to the congressman in my new zip code, let's see what happens. Will open a case with the ombudsman tomorrow (thanks for the link! )

USCIS portal says "we are actively reviewing your case" since late august, and expected time for case completion 13 months... 13 months !!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.