ECCK

Interviews in Australia set to be reduced with some cancelled

468 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Kbraine10 said:

My husband and I just submitted our request for an expedited/emergency interview with the Sydney consulate for his CR1/IR1 visa.

I'm definitely getting ahead of myself here, but I've been following this thread and am I correct in understanding you all are filing for a travel exemption due to holding a K1 visa? Will my husband have to file for one as well even though he is the spouse of a US citizen? Or will he be eligible to take a repatriation flight?

If he is an Australian citizen in Australia I believe yes he would need to apply for one to leave.

2 hours ago, WhyUSoMadFor said:

Hi guys, regarding emergency appointments. My application is currently "at nvc" and from what i've read they are not shipping to Sydney unless you have an emergency appointment approved? Can someone please clarify? If I wish to apply for an emergency appointment do I do it now or do I have to wait until the case is in Sydney.

Thanks

If they aren't shipping applications to the consulate unless the consulate requests them then I would email the consulate and ask if they can move your application along and request an interview asap.

I don't know how far you would get if you don't have an emergency situation needing an interview asap. But even if you don't have a reason, you can still ask and say that because of the covid pandemic and unstable times you need to be there to help your partner.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, KittyKat3072 said:

Well today is the day he leaves Australia, he's on the plane and leaving now. I don't think it's quite sunk in that he's coming here. So many emotions! 🛫😂💜💜

So happy for you! I remember being in the same Filing group with you in the other thread as you. It’s been such a long journey!! Wishing you both all the best 💕

Timeline

@ECCK Did you wait for a response on your exemption before you resubmitted?  She hasn't hear anything since the first request for more info last Monday, she did resubmit on Thursday as she was concerned that she might have used the wrong email but, no response whatsoever.  I'm not sure if she should just wait or try again?  Her final work day is tomorrow and she is meant to fly out Saturday morning.  She needs to alter her flight by Friday at 9 if she doesn't have an approval.  It's pretty mind-numbing that you're just expected to sit and wait with no real information.  I have seen where other referenced calling someone but, she has had no luck on that front.  ANY advice would be welcome.  Thx,

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Chad&Thalia said:

@ECCK Did you wait for a response on your exemption before you resubmitted?  She hasn't hear anything since the first request for more info last Monday, she did resubmit on Thursday as she was concerned that she might have used the wrong email but, no response whatsoever.  I'm not sure if she should just wait or try again?  Her final work day is tomorrow and she is meant to fly out Saturday morning.  She needs to alter her flight by Friday at 9 if she doesn't have an approval.  It's pretty mind-numbing that you're just expected to sit and wait with no real information.  I have seen where other referenced calling someone but, she has had no luck on that front.  ANY advice would be welcome.  Thx,

Yeah, I waited until I got the rejection and resubmitted. When I did it the third time, I submitted for both Sydney and Melbourne in hopes of increasing my chances of getting approved because I assume different teams are doing it for different ports. Calling was pretty pointless for me to be honest. They seem to be approving it pretty close to the date of departure. She could try resubmitting with an earlier departure date? I didn’t provide any proof of my flight ticket and I chose a date earlier than my real intended date because I didn’t want them approving me on the day I left. If she does do that, she should include the reference number of her other submission just in case. Once she’s approved, her name just goes into the system at border control and they won’t care if her flight details end up changing from what was written in the request. 

Timeline

They mentioned it could cause a delay if she resubmits, I am not sure if she should wait or go ahead and resubmit.  It's concerning that she hasn't heard anything back.  The first submission was on a Friday and on Monday morning she got the request for more info telling her to resubmit.    She did that day, then again on Thursday of last week and no response to either.  I'm pretty much over this part, I thought we were in good shape after the Visa.  

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Chad&Thalia said:

They mentioned it could cause a delay if she resubmits, I am not sure if she should wait or go ahead and resubmit.  It's concerning that she hasn't heard anything back.  The first submission was on a Friday and on Monday morning she got the request for more info telling her to resubmit.    She did that day, then again on Thursday of last week and no response to either.  I'm pretty much over this part, I thought we were in good shape after the Visa.  

Yeah I know how you feel. I thought the hard part was over once we got the interview done at the Consulate! Do you know which exemption category she applied for?? From my experience their rejections have been relatively fast so if she hasn’t heard anything yet it could mean it’s just waiting approval. 

Hopefully you hear soon.
I am sitting here biting my nails because even though I am not moving until July I REALLY want my visa approved because I am worried as to what this next EO will have in store for us. I have six days until my interview.

Timeline

Denied again....resubmitting under the compassionate option.  It's quite ridiculous, she lives with her mom so no way to show a rental lease termination.  We didn't open a joint account last time she was here and it requires her to be here in person.  Yesterday was her final work day, her boxes left on Tuesday and now we have to submit again.  I'll stop venting now.

25 minutes ago, Chad&Thalia said:

Denied again....resubmitting under the compassionate option.  It's quite ridiculous, she lives with her mom so no way to show a rental lease termination.  We didn't open a joint account last time she was here and it requires her to be here in person.  Yesterday was her final work day, her boxes left on Tuesday and now we have to submit again.  I'll stop venting now.

So frustrating. Can she get an ‘exit statement’ or similar from her employer?? That may help?

Something like “Thalia has worked here from (date) to (date). She has resigned as she is moving to be with her fiancé in the USA permanently. We wish her the best of luck and she will be missed. Her lay date of employment is/was (date)”

just thinking of options.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Chad&Thalia said:

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully the compassionate option will work - it worked for me. I also didn’t have a lease termination since I was staying with family but I did have to cancel my private health insurance and gave them that as proof. Does she have any kind of service that was cancelled for her move? Maybe she can speak a little of her plans once in the US so that it’s clear that she is moving for the long term. Good luck and hope you hear some good news soon

Timeline

Oddly, this time a case number was used vs a reference number and the asks were more specific and less general.  She included the canceling of health insurance as well as a utility bill and I've had her added to our lease.  We also added a marriage license contract.  Stay tuned, the flight is supposed to be Saturday morning.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.