Calstor77

N 400 Filers local office Boston MA filers

308 posts in this topic

On 2/8/2022 at 7:16 AM, Bob in Boston said:

We pretty much have the same timeline, Silence here also. I did see a post about a month back where an August filer got an interview date but that was it. I suspect this summer sometime. Says 7 months on the USCIS website and 10.5 to 16 months as the time its taking. Just press on they will contact you when they are ready. Not much we can do about it .

I filed on August 23 and I got my interview notice today! So I am sure you will get yours soon

11 hours ago, boston_immi said:

I filed on August 23 and I got my interview notice today! So I am sure you will get yours soon

Inspired by your good news I decided to check our account. Still says 13 months to completion (was 7 last week) but there in the documents was a letter for interview on 3/21/2022 in the afternoon. We filed Aug 17th. now to hit the books! By the way, ours was an electronic filing.

Edited by Bob in Boston

2 minutes ago, Bob in Boston said:

Inspired by your good news I decided to check our account. Still says 13 months to completion (was 7 last week) but there in the documents was a letter for interview on 3/21/2022 in the afternoon. We filed Aug 17th. now to hit the books! By the way, ours was an electronic filing.

I am happy that there seems to be order at USCIS! Because I know it’s frustrating when these occurrences seem random. 

Based on what I have read through forums, the following is my expectation at the Boston field office: they seem to approve most applications on the day of the interview (some offices seem to make people wait more frequently) but they don’t seem to do same day oaths frequently that other offices seem to be doing. What have you read?

31 minutes ago, boston_immi said:

I am happy that there seems to be order at USCIS! Because I know it’s frustrating when these occurrences seem random. 

Based on what I have read through forums, the following is my expectation at the Boston field office: they seem to approve most applications on the day of the interview (some offices seem to make people wait more frequently) but they don’t seem to do same day oaths frequently that other offices seem to be doing. What have you read?

The Same. My Theory is that they will take all the March approvals and do us all at the same time, probably in April (I hope).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
1 hour ago, boston_immi said:

From past experience last year, that’s how it was done. The oath ceremony was two/three weeks after the interview. It was a small number due to COVID protocols. 10 people. But there were two sessions that day.  Good luck!!

1 hour ago, mthornto88 said:

From past experience last year, that’s how it was done. The oath ceremony was two/three weeks after the interview. It was a small number due to COVID protocols. 10 people. But there were two sessions that day.  Good luck!!

Where did they do it? US Court house?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
1 hour ago, Bob in Boston said:

Where did they do it? US Court house?

No. In the same building as the interviews. John F. Kennedy federal building on Sudbury St.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Filed on August 17th and still no interview date; case status on account says 3 months until completion. It’s a bit worrisome that we haven’t gotten an interview date yet. 

8 hours ago, Joey & Rina said:

It’s a bit worrisome that we haven’t gotten an interview date yet. 

Hang in there. When we filed for ROC I was the first to get my application in on Sept 1st.... and the last one in that group to get approved.... drive you crazy trying to figger out USCISs mind set. they like to keep you hanging.

8 hours ago, Joey & Rina said:

Filed on August 17th and still no interview date; case status on account says 3 months until completion. It’s a bit worrisome that we haven’t gotten an interview date yet. 

Ya I'm 9/13/21 and it says 4 months for me. Other sept filers in Boston have already had their ceremonies. 

On 2/11/2022 at 10:53 AM, mthornto88 said:

I have my interview on Mar 22 and I have planned non-refundable vacation from Apr 22 - May 1. I am really hoping that this is not going to conflict with oath ceremony 😩

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.