Nature Boy 2.0

All things Corona Virus

2,985 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

But you dont have to walk in that restaurant.  Its a choice 

The government does have the power to put safety protocols in place, and make sure the business or corporation follow them. We have several restrictions in place for the public right now. Some were in place before all this. There is a construction area where all visitors must wear hard hats. We are required by law to have safety protocols in place and enforce them. There are areas where people (even visitors) have to wear radiation shields, respirators and gloves and other PPE. Some places, such as loading docks, visitors are not allowed because there is not way to have all the required safety protocols in place for every person. 

We have a million things like that. Stair handrails, step heights, fire safety doors, GFCI outlets, visitor ID's, armband identification. They are all regulated by some agency. If the government says people have to wear masks in a grocery store, people are going to have to. Grocery stores will be required to enforce that. Grocery store workers are at risk of getting infected too, and they come in contact with a lot of people every day. I don't know why there is so much resistance to trying to keep them a little safer. They are wearing them to help protect customers. They are not asking us to put on hazmat gear. It's just a mask. 

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

2 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

You have every right to choose not to wear a mask. Do grocery pickup and stay in your car. Do delivery and stay home. Your choice.

So, when women could not get an Abortion in Texas, would you tell them that Texas isn’t controlling their choices and they are free to go to another state for their Abortion?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

But you dont have to walk in that restaurant.  Its a choice 

The problem is you don't really have a choice because most of them will opt to let people smoke(as they did before).

If you're out with buddies, or a spouse, looking for a place to go...or you're just on a long drive somewhere...what choice does that leave you with?

09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

1 minute ago, Sonotony said:

So, when women could not get an Abortion in Texas, would you tell them that Texas isn’t controlling their choices and they are free to go to another state for their Abortion?

Any time someones constitutional rights are violated, it would be a good idea for them to talk to a group like the ALCU. They don't really need my advice. If time was critical, I guess they might have to go to another state, in which case they might want to sue the state of Texas at a later date.

The above aside though, this is a false equivalency and it's not really pertinent to the topic. Let's move on.

2 minutes ago, OriZ said:

The problem is you don't really have a choice because most of them will opt to let people smoke(as they did before).

If you're out with buddies, or a spouse, looking for a place to go...or you're just on a long drive somewhere...what choice does that leave you with?

According to Steeleballz, you have a choice:

14 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Do delivery and stay home. Your choice.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
1 minute ago, Steeleballz said:

Actually the choice is smoke outside or stay home. They have already regulated smoking in public places.

Indeed. And I'm not shedding any tears for them.

09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

Just now, OriZ said:

Indeed. And I'm not shedding any tears for them.

I agree. The risk of second hand smoke exposure to workers in places like restaurants has been known for years. Regulation didn't happen soon enough, and the benefit seems to be a correlatory reduction in smoking overall, which is also a good thing. I only know one person who smokes nowadays, and I was really hoping the pandemic would give her motivation to quit. So far it hasn't though. 

1 minute ago, Steeleballz said:

I agree. The risk of second hand smoke exposure to workers in places like restaurants has been known for years. Regulation didn't happen soon enough, and the benefit seems to be a correlatory reduction in smoking overall, which is also a good thing. I only know one person who smokes nowadays, and I was really hoping the pandemic would give her motivation to quit. So far it hasn't though. 

Ironically, I heard there was a study showing smokers have reduced risk for Corona virus. (You just have to worry about cancer, emphysema, COPD, etc) Of course, what we “know” about this virus changes every 24 hours.

5 minutes ago, Sonotony said:

Ironically, I heard there was a study showing smokers have reduced risk for Corona virus. (You just have to worry about cancer, emphysema, COPD, etc) Of course, what we “know” about this virus changes every 24 hours.

There may be anecdotal reports from individuals who have recovered, but I haven't heard of a study, and as a population trend I would say it's doubtful. Smoking increases the risk of cardiovascular disease, COPD, and high blood pressure, which are all major co-morbidities seen with Covid-19 severity. Smokers also tend to have lower O2 saturation at any given time, which would make any condition causing hypoxia even worse. Smokers are also statistically significantly more likely to die after contracting pneumonia than non-smokers. That much of what we know is not going to change. 

The risk of smokers contracting Coronavirus may or may not be an higher than non smokers, but the risk of severe disease progression is certainly greater if they do get Covid-19.

4 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

The government does have the power to put safety protocols in place, and make sure the business or corporation follow them. We have several restrictions in place for the public right now. Some were in place before all this. There is a construction area where all visitors must wear hard hats. We are required by law to have safety protocols in place and enforce them. There are areas where people (even visitors) have to wear radiation shields, respirators and gloves and other PPE. Some places, such as loading docks, visitors are not allowed because there is not way to have all the required safety protocols in place for every person. 

We have a million things like that. Stair handrails, step heights, fire safety doors, GFCI outlets, visitor ID's, armband identification. They are all regulated by some agency. If the government says people have to wear masks in a grocery store, people are going to have to. Grocery stores will be required to enforce that. Grocery store workers are at risk of getting infected too, and they come in contact with a lot of people every day. I don't know why there is so much resistance to trying to keep them a little safer. They are wearing them to help protect customers. They are not asking us to put on hazmat gear. It's just a mask. 

But many times walking in a hospital is not a casual choice.

If a person wants to spend their own money and open a restaurant that allows a legal activity,  like smoking it is none of the nanny states business. 

That having been said it would be a poor business choice and I doubt I would est there.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
11 hours ago, millefleur said:

I'll be the first customer in line at the "ballgowns and tuxedos required" store. My husband and I love any excuses to dress up. :D

It is Orthodox Easter today.  Time to dress up!  🐇

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!