AlaMike

All flights travel in and out of Manila suspended

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiances medical and interview were scheduled for next week. Now it looks like at least another month minimum.

I understand the medical is walk in only but I will have to notify the US Embassy to reschedule the interview.

Now to cancel hotel and flight.... A bummer for sure.

Timeline
34 minutes ago, AlaMike said:

My fiances medical and interview were scheduled for next week. Now it looks like at least another month minimum.

I understand the medical is walk in only but I will have to notify the US Embassy to reschedule the interview.

I'm not seeing anything about this. 

I was there two weeks ago and they had cancelled flights to from Taiwan, China and a few others. 

Timeline
46 minutes ago, AlaMike said:

Ours was supposed to be on Tuesday. I am going to call the embassy tonight. 

Timeline
48 minutes ago, AlaMike said:

If she lives in Manila she can probably still go. From what I have read, it is only domestic travel to/ from manila that is suspended. My fiancee live in Cebu so it sucks for us. 

25 minutes ago, Solaris81 said:

I'm not seeing anything about this. 

I was there two weeks ago and they had cancelled flights to from Taiwan, China and a few others. 

https://gulfnews.com/travel/duterte-places-metro-manila-under-lockdown-1.70342223

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Commish10 said:

If she lives in Manila she can probably still go. From what I have read, it is only domestic travel to/ from manila that is suspended. My fiancee live in Cebu so it sucks for us. 

Unfortunately, she is from Albay

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Commish10 said:

Ours was supposed to be on Tuesday. I am going to call the embassy tonight. 

I am sure we are not the only ones that will be calling. Travel ban is till April 15, as of now

Timeline
Just now, Commish10 said:

I am exploring Clark Airport. There is bus service to Manila through Genesis Transportation. 

ALL TRAVEL. Air, sea and land. Just limited train service. No one in and no one out.

Timeline
Just now, AlaMike said:

ALL TRAVEL. Air, sea and land. Just limited train service. No one in and no one out.

Clark is not in Metro Manila. I sent them an email to see if their schedule is affected. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Commish10 said:

Clark is not in Metro Manila. I sent them an email to see if their schedule is affected. 

Keep me informed. Thanks

Timeline
3 minutes ago, AlaMike said:

Keep me informed. Thanks

Philippines just put out a statement:
Our international flights and domestic flights on routes to and from Cebu, Clark and Davao (other than Manila) shall continue to operate within the period March 15 to April 14. 

The other domestics Cebu Pacific and Air Aisa will probably allow too. Just have to find out if can get into Manila by bus, taxi etc. Also, if the embassy will remain open. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Commish10 said:

Philippines just put out a statement:
Our international flights and domestic flights on routes to and from Cebu, Clark and Davao (other than Manila) shall continue to operate within the period March 15 to April 14. 

The other domestics Cebu Pacific and Air Aisa will probably allow too. Just have to find out if can get into Manila by bus, taxi etc. Also, if the embassy will remain open. 

i think the ncr will be closed down and guarded, similar to how the government set up army checkpoints in mindanao a couple of years back but probably even more strict.

let us know how it goes though!

Timeline

To add insult to injury...

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, March 12) — The Philippines has expanded the travel ban it imposes due to the COVID-19 pandemic to all countries which have localized transmission of the viral disease.

President Rodrigo Duterte made this announcement Thursday as he announced new restrictions imposed by the government in an effort to contain the virus.

All foreign nationals coming from countries reporting local transmissions of COVID-19 cannot enter the country, while Filipinos cannot travel to those countries.

Although the article did not say exactly which countries or for how long? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, AlaMike said:

To add insult to injury...

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, March 12) — The Philippines has expanded the travel ban it imposes due to the COVID-19 pandemic to all countries which have localized transmission of the viral disease.

President Rodrigo Duterte made this announcement Thursday as he announced new restrictions imposed by the government in an effort to contain the virus.

All foreign nationals coming from countries reporting local transmissions of COVID-19 cannot enter the country, while Filipinos cannot travel to those countries.

Although the article did not say exactly which countries or for how long? 

The information is changing by the minute. Now they are saying that workers who live outside the NCR will be permitted to enter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.