AlaMike

All flights travel in and out of Manila suspended

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Commish10 said:

Philippines just put out a statement:
Our international flights and domestic flights on routes to and from Cebu, Clark and Davao (other than Manila) shall continue to operate within the period March 15 to April 14. 

The other domestics Cebu Pacific and Air Aisa will probably allow too. Just have to find out if can get into Manila by bus, taxi etc. Also, if the embassy will remain open. 

I booked a flight into Clark. It's still possible to attend the interview as scheduled. We'll remain optimistic and hopeful.  Lock-down isn't a feasible strategy unless everyone on the planet stays home and doesn't go outside for 4-5 weeks. Otherwise the best advise is wash hands, avoid crowds, and stay home if feeling sick. If so sick that a hospital visit is required, then there's no good answer. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, bolero_pa said:

I booked a flight into Clark. It's still possible to attend the interview as scheduled. We'll remain optimistic and hopeful.  Lock-down isn't a feasible strategy unless everyone on the planet stays home and doesn't go outside for 4-5 weeks. Otherwise the best advise is wash hands, avoid crowds, and stay home if feeling sick. If so sick that a hospital visit is required, then there's no good answer. 

Since our interview is Tuesday will probably have to reschedule since it is too close to sort out every thing. How do you plan to get from Clark to the Embassy, as they have not made clear yet the traffic restrictions. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Commish10 said:

Since our interview is Tuesday will probably have to reschedule since it is too close to sort out every thing. How do you plan to get from Clark to the Embassy, as they have not made clear yet the traffic restrictions. 

Since my fiance is from Libon,  Albay and would fly out of Legazpi, there is no direct flight other than Manila. We are rescheduling everything to the end of April. No even gonna risk even getting to Clark and not being able to enter the city.

Rescheduling the interview was easy, the hotel and airline, I am working on that. 

Timeline

We are also affected by this sadly :( My interview date was scheduled for the 24th of March and my fiance was supposed to fly in by the 22nd. We also do not want to risk anything so we decided to have the flights and interview date changed. Keep safe everyone! 

Btw, I did talk to someone from the embassy and they said that if you decide to get an interview date that is after the validity of the approval from USCIS, the Petitioner needs to send a signed document to support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com to request for the extension.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Catrina C said:

We are also affected by this sadly :( My interview date was scheduled for the 24th of March and my fiance was supposed to fly in by the 22nd. We also do not want to risk anything so we decided to have the flights and interview date changed. Keep safe everyone! 

Btw, I did talk to someone from the embassy and they said that if you decide to get an interview date that is after the validity of the approval from USCIS, the Petitioner needs to send a signed document to support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com to request for the extension.

^^   That's new, embassy was automatically extending the validity of the petition.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

^^   That's new, embassy was automatically extending the validity of the petition.

Yeah I found it weird. I did tell him that and he said that it was an old process. I am not sure how trustworthy it is but at this point I rather just send the document to be sure. 🤔

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Catrina C said:

Yeah I found it weird. I did tell him that and he said that it was an old process. I am not sure how trustworthy it is but at this point I rather just send the document to be sure. 🤔

That is a call center, they go by a script for everything.   I do agree, sending an email is pretty simple .. then you have all bases covered

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

22 hours ago, Commish10 said:

I am exploring Clark Airport. There is bus service to Manila through Genesis Transportation. 

No land, air or water access.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline

I relented and pushed everything out to 3rd week of April. Rescheduled interview, re-booked hotel and flight....
The Clark airport strategy could be a bit flawed if there are troops guarding the city (LOL). It's extreme overkill and unwarranted panic. The panic is more dangerous than the virus. Every year thousands die from the flu. I hope reason prevails after this wasted month.

22 minutes ago, bolero_pa said:

I relented and pushed everything out to 3rd week of April. Rescheduled interview, re-booked hotel and flight....
The Clark airport strategy could be a bit flawed if there are troops guarding the city (LOL). It's extreme overkill and unwarranted panic. The panic is more dangerous than the virus. Every year thousands die from the flu. I hope reason prevails after this wasted month.

I agree with the panic comment.  It went from "Don't forget to wash your hands" to apocalyptic over night.  I hear the Navy is blockading Manila Bay and the National Guard is stopping all traffic.  International flights are per schedule though.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline

My fiance is in Thailand recovering from a surgery, she's trying to go home the 25th if she leaves will they not let her go home once she arrives in Manila or is she stuck until April? We received our NOA 2 march 11th.

Edited by KJ34

Timeline

these 2 articles are helpful

https://www.businesstraveller.com/business-travel/2020/03/13/metro-manila-to-be-placed-on-lockdown-for-one-month-amid-coronavirus-outbreak/

internationally, citizens, family, diplomats can enter, and foreigners can leave. foreigners cant enter if from a place with locally transmitted cases

https://cnnphilippines.com/news/2020/3/13/Philippines-coronavirus-live-updates.html?fbclid=IwAR0p4OVxFk5FjjFglqMh07ZC-lzHqiFcSXZlHQgTDX0u0p6LJGXGNhPvZlw

domestic flights to/from manila suspended

i read that buses and private cars will be subject to approval and on case by case basis from another article

Edited by kumbaya

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.