2,976 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, cindy122808 said:

I know, it is very frustrating :( explaining myself over and over again to them :( Also, I have a question when you apply for renewal of EAD did USCIS let you do another biometrics? Coz I did do another biometrics, I'm just curious about this as well.

They use fingerprints from my initial EAD

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 hour ago, cindy122808 said:

it seems I will have to go to the General Manager this time

Don't be sad about it -- this is a great opportunity to get the proper information to everyone beneath that level.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

I need your enlightenment coz my employment is at stake. My old EAD will expire soon on May 30, 2020 but I have the receipt notice of my renewal I made January 2020 which would qualify me for the 180-day extension. But here is the problem:

1.) When I applied for 1st EAD they approved me and in the approval notice the CLASS REQUESTED indicates C31 which is for Vawa petitioners but my combo card indicates C09P. This will expire 05.30.3020 (soon)

2.) So the 2nd receipt notice for the renewal I applied for also indicates CLASS REQUESTED: c31.

My HR will not recognize the receipt notice because they said my expiring combo card category (C09P) does not match with the CLASS REQUESTED on my recent receipt notice (which is C31)

Note: I am still waiting for my i360 approval.

How do I explain this to our HR in a proper and understandable manner?

41 minutes ago, cindy122808 said:

they said my expiring combo card category (C09P) does not match with the CLASS REQUESTED on my recent receipt notice (which is C31)

Then they are properly following USCIS instructions: https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/44-automatic-extensions-employment-authorization-documents-eads-certain-circumstances 

41 minutes ago, cindy122808 said:

Send a I-765 with next day delivery ASAP. Put C09 as the category; this filing is free.

"Employees must have filed an application to renew their EAD before it expires"
"The eligibility category on the front of the EAD is the same eligibility category on the employee’s Form I-797C, Notice of Action"

Edited by HRQX

14 minutes ago, HRQX said:

Then they are properly following USCIS instructions: https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/44-automatic-extensions-employment-authorization-documents-eads-certain-circumstances 

Send a I-765 with next day delivery ASAP. Put C09 as the category; this filing is free.

"Employees must have filed an application to renew their EAD before it expires"
"The eligibility category on the front of the EAD is the same eligibility category on the employee’s Form I-797C, Notice of Action"

Now I am confused. My notice of action has always been CLASS REQUESTED: c31 and then they gave me a combo card with C09 category. What is the consequences of me filing another i765? When I requested my renewal I attached my combo card  with c09 indicated on it. Now I am so confused.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
1 hour ago, cindy122808 said:

I need your enlightenment coz my employment is at stake. My old EAD will expire soon on May 30, 2020 but I have the receipt notice of my renewal I made January 2020 which would qualify me for the 180-day extension. But here is the problem:

1.) When I applied for 1st EAD they approved me and in the approval notice the CLASS REQUESTED indicates C31 which is for Vawa petitioners but my combo card indicates C09P. This will expire 05.30.3020 (soon)

2.) So the 2nd receipt notice for the renewal I applied for also indicates CLASS REQUESTED: c31.

My HR will not recognize the receipt notice because they said my expiring combo card category (C09P) does not match with the CLASS REQUESTED on my recent receipt notice (which is C31)

You made a mistake on your renewal application,  c31 is only given when your I360 is approved.  I guess that's the reason why they are not taking it is because you have been using C09 categories.  That makes sense 

4 minutes ago, Ziongirl said:

You made a mistake on your renewal application,  c31 is only given when your I360 is approved.  I guess that's the reason why they are not taking it is because you have been using C09 categories.  That makes sense 

Oh wow this is a big mistake on my part. I just copied my first i765. So can I send another i765 using c09?

Filed: Timeline

@cindy122808 

Can you provide some more information? I want to make sure you are given the correct advice on what to do... 

I looked through your post history quickly and dont see any timeline. Is your 360 approved? Did you file the 485 with the 360 or are you using your old 485 from the 130/485 filing with your spouse? 

Often people end up with both c31 and c09 EADs. This can be confusing. Both cards are valid if you have both. Also its odd for them to accept a c31 renewal if you dont have a c31 card. Sometimes they get renewals for the wrong category and change it as a courtesy. Seems like your NOA says c31 on it- which leads me to believe your 360 was approved, but Im not sure. Can you please list out your filing dates and EAD timeline? 

If your current c09 EAD is going to expire at the end of this month then you MUST submit a renewal for it BEFORE it expires to get the 180 day extension. Otherwise you can file the renewal but theres no extension. 

20 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

@cindy122808 

Can you provide some more information? I want to make sure you are given the correct advice on what to do... 

I looked through your post history quickly and dont see any timeline. Is your 360 approved? Did you file the 485 with the 360 or are you using your old 485 from the 130/485 filing with your spouse? 

Often people end up with both c31 and c09 EADs. This can be confusing. Both cards are valid if you have both. Also its odd for them to accept a c31 renewal if you dont have a c31 card. Sometimes they get renewals for the wrong category and change it as a courtesy. Seems like your NOA says c31 on it- which leads me to believe your 360 was approved, but Im not sure. Can you please list out your filing dates and EAD timeline? 

If your current c09 EAD is going to expire at the end of this month then you MUST submit a renewal for it BEFORE it expires to get the 180 day extension. Otherwise you can file the renewal but theres no extension. 

Thank you for this:

Here is my timeline:

Dec 2018 filed i1360, i765 (I put c31), i131

Jan2019 received prima face

June 2019 I received the i797 approval notice it shows there CLASS REQUESTED: C31 but the combo card sent with it is c09p. In both documents it shows same validity 05/30/2019 to 05/30/2020

So on January 2020 I requested a renewal on i765 and i131 but on i1765 I put c31 in the application because I assume it should be like that since my previous NOA shows CLASS REQUESTED: C31.

I'm really confused 

Edited by cindy122808

2 hours ago, cindy122808 said:

The same thing happened with me 😞 when my second renewal, i requested c31 instead of c09 and it never came.. however, after my first c09 expired in March 2019, i started to work under automatic 180 days extension. I didnt even realize my attorney messed up with category until Aug 2019 i realized what actually happened when I inquired about my ead through congress person. Immediately, i applied another ead renewal based on c09 and luckily within 3 weeks, i got it 

7 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

The same thing happened with me 😞 when my second renewal, i requested c31 instead of c09 and it never came.. however, after my first c09 expired in March 2019, i started to work under automatic 180 days extension. I didnt even realize my attorney messed up with category until Aug 2019 i realized what actually happened when I inquired about my ead through congress person. Immediately, i applied another ead renewal based on c09 and luckily within 3 weeks, i got it 

:(How were you able to work under 180 extension when your request for renewal u put c31? So I assume same with me the receipt notice indicates c31?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.