ana y

NVC sent email requesting police certificate.

125 posts in this topic

Just now, ana y said:

No nothing yet. Our attorney said we didn’t have a valid reason to expedite the interview. So still waiting 

It's taking a while. I have my trip for October 16th but with all these rules/protocols they're making it so hard to travel.

24 minutes ago, ana y said:

Im sure it is. So there are flights going out to Guatemala already?

Starting the 18th of this month but they're making it so hard.  They're requiring for a PCR covid test no older than 72 hours when test results taken from 3 to 5 days. Another thing is that there is different types of test.  They just say PCR but theres RT-PCR as well. Wonder if that would count as that one is more easily available.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Ncornejo7 said:

Starting the 18th of this month but they're making it so hard.  They're requiring for a PCR covid test no older than 72 hours when test results taken from 3 to 5 days. Another thing is that there is different types of test.  They just say PCR but theres RT-PCR as well. Wonder if that would count as that one is more easily available.

Oh really? Im not really sure, I’ve had the test done twice and the took 3 business days. I do know that Walgreens test comes out within hours but not sure if that’s the type of test they are taking. 

2 hours ago, ana y said:

Oh really? Im not really sure, I’ve had the test done twice and the took 3 business days. I do know that Walgreens test comes out within hours but not sure if that’s the type of test they are taking. 

I know there is a rapid test that only takes minutes but that one is not pcr . It's just complicated because I've seen for example Honduras,  they're accepting even those rapid tests.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
On 4/27/2020 at 9:51 AM, sauldelgado said:

Sure, these were the ones we submitted and were promptly rejected. I already contacted MP and should be just a few days to get the desplegado de denuncias.

antecedentes.png

Just a quick update. I was able to get the Desplegado de denuncias from Ministerio Publico back in July and our lawyer sent the documents back to NVC early in August. I was not expecting to hear anything from NVC until late October or early November but last week I got the confirmation that our case is DQ! The bad news is that since my case is employment-based means that I will not be getting any appointment dates any time soon until the bans are lifted for those categories.

For those trying to get the right document, don't bother with the one above. It needs to be issued by Ministerio Publico and you can get it online in one or two days. You need to fill a form in MP's webpage and then you need to contact them using informacion@mp.gob.gt indicating that you have filled the form and give your DPI number, otherwise you will never get a response from them. Once you do that you will get your document(s) in a matter of hours.

Finally, if you ever lost a document and filed a complaint (denuncia) in order to get new ones issued, be warned that those complaints will show up in your Desplegado de denuncias. I didn't know that it was normal to have a few records on this document if you ever filed a denuncia and was freaking out trying to figure out why on earth would I have something in my record but it turns out this is completely normal as long as you appear as the aggrieved party. My documents were accepted without any issue by NVC. Hopefully this information will help someone out there!

desplegado.png

2018-08-14: I-140 sent

2018-08-17: I-140 NOA1

2018-12-31: I-140 RFE

2019-02-13: I-140 RFE reply sent

2019-03-21: I-140 Approved

2020-04-22: NVC received

2021-11-19: NVC left

2021-12-20: Interview date (approved)

2021-12-29: Visa received

2022-04-17: US Entry

Timeline
21 minutes ago, sauldelgado said:

Just a quick update. I was able to get the Desplegado de denuncias from Ministerio Publico back in July and our lawyer sent the documents back to NVC early in August. I was not expecting to hear anything from NVC until late October or early November but last week I got the confirmation that our case is DQ! The bad news is that since my case is employment-based means that I will not be getting any appointment dates any time soon until the bans are lifted for those categories.

For those trying to get the right document, don't bother with the one above. It needs to be issued by Ministerio Publico and you can get it online in one or two days. You need to fill a form in MP's webpage and then you need to contact them using informacion@mp.gob.gt indicating that you have filled the form and give your DPI number, otherwise you will never get a response from them. Once you do that you will get your document(s) in a matter of hours.

Finally, if you ever lost a document and filed a complaint (denuncia) in order to get new ones issued, be warned that those complaints will show up in your Desplegado de denuncias. I didn't know that it was normal to have a few records on this document if you ever filed a denuncia and was freaking out trying to figure out why on earth would I have something in my record but it turns out this is completely normal as long as you appear as the aggrieved party. My documents were accepted without any issue by NVC. Hopefully this information will help someone out there!

desplegado.png

Helpful info! We also received an email back in May that we were all good to go. We are just waiting for an appointment date. My husband is here in the States so he wouldn’t even be able to travel untill the Guatemalan airport is open. Which I believe is tomorrow. Our attorney also said it would be a while to receive an appointment. He has an approved i601-A waiver

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Josef19 said:

Are interviews now being scheduled in Guatemala for cr1 visas ????? Any updates...

I was able to get my wife interview but only via expedite. As far as I'm concerned they havent resumed visa services unless an emergency.

Timeline
On 9/30/2020 at 8:36 AM, Ncornejo7 said:

I was able to get my wife interview but only via expedite. As far as I'm concerned they havent resumed visa services unless an emergency.

I was reading from the US Embassy in Guatemala’s website, they are saying they will resume giving interviews after December 31st. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2020 at 3:30 PM, ana y said:

I was reading from the US Embassy in Guatemala’s website, they are saying they will resume giving interviews after December 31st. 

I did see that. Sorry to hear that. I'm in Guatemala right now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.