10 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Jam90 said:

Hi all, 

I was given 221G and asked to provide proof of domicile for petitioner. 

What are some qualifiying docs to overcome this? 

Where does your petitioner live? With you abroad or in the US?

Marriage: 03/16/2018 ❤️💍👱‍♀️🧑
Birth of our daughter: 11/24/2018 👶🥰

USCIS Stage

I-130 submitted: 10/01/2019 😃
I-130 USCIS Lockbox received: 10/03/2019 
I-130 NOA1 received: 10/08/2019 --> Assigned to Nebraska Service Center 😩
I-129F (K3) submitted: 11/01/2019 :idea:

I-129F (K3) USCIS Lockbox received: 11/06/2019 

I-129F (K3) NOA1 received: 11/14/2019 😃🙏🏻
I-130 approved: 05/21/2020 —> NOA2 came from Texas Service Center 🥳❤️

NVC Stage
Case Number received: 05/22/2020 —> via Email 😃
Paid IV and AOS fee: 05/23/2020
IV fee processed (AOS fee is stuck😭) 05/28/2020
Submitted IV application and civil documents: 06/02/2020
Submitted inquiry to NVC for AOS fee being "stuck" (known NVC system issue): 06/02/2020 --> Let the waiting begin - again.... 
AOS fee finally marked as payed: 06/10/2020 🥳

16 minutes ago, Jam90 said:

She is living abroad with me for about a year and a half. 

Ok I see. In that case, she'll have to prove that her trip abroad is/was temporary and that she has maintained her domicile in the United States.

She can do so by submitting: 

• Her voting record in the United States
  • Records of paying U.S. state or local taxes
  • Currently having property in the United States
  • Maintaining bank or investment accounts in the United States
  • Having a permanent mailing address in the United States 
  • other proof such as evidence that you are a student studying abroad or that a foreign government has authorized a
  • temporary stay

If she doesn't have any of these things, then she needs to proof that she intends in good faith to reestablish her domicile in the United States no later than the date of your (the intending immigrant’s) admission to the US. 

This could be done for exaple by: 

• Her moving there in advance (and)
  • Rent an apartment/buy a house in the US
  • Prove that she's looking for a job (submitt job applications she has sent out), or get a job and submitt contract 
  • Potential kids registered at US schools, daycare, etc. (if applicable).

You can find the requirement and what to do in the instructions of the I-864 https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-864instr.pdf?download=1 (Page 5, Item Number 5. Country of Domicile).

What have you guys submitted with the I-864 to prove domicile in the US that they ask you again to prove it? Whatever it was, seems to not have been enough.

Edited by B&C2017

Marriage: 03/16/2018 ❤️💍👱‍♀️🧑
Birth of our daughter: 11/24/2018 👶🥰

USCIS Stage

I-130 submitted: 10/01/2019 😃
I-130 USCIS Lockbox received: 10/03/2019 
I-130 NOA1 received: 10/08/2019 --> Assigned to Nebraska Service Center 😩
I-129F (K3) submitted: 11/01/2019 :idea:

I-129F (K3) USCIS Lockbox received: 11/06/2019 

I-129F (K3) NOA1 received: 11/14/2019 😃🙏🏻
I-130 approved: 05/21/2020 —> NOA2 came from Texas Service Center 🥳❤️

NVC Stage
Case Number received: 05/22/2020 —> via Email 😃
Paid IV and AOS fee: 05/23/2020
IV fee processed (AOS fee is stuck😭) 05/28/2020
Submitted IV application and civil documents: 06/02/2020
Submitted inquiry to NVC for AOS fee being "stuck" (known NVC system issue): 06/02/2020 --> Let the waiting begin - again.... 
AOS fee finally marked as payed: 06/10/2020 🥳

On 2/24/2020 at 2:06 AM, Jam90 said:

Hi all, 

What does the list of documents on the 221g say?

Well, spousal visas are for the purpose of family reunification.  If she is living with you in your country, there is hardly a need for reunification, is there?

Most people wanting to bring an immigrant spouse over will move back to the US, get a job, establish life in the US, etc.  She is currently domiciled in Pakistan, so it is no wonder it was denied.

On 2/24/2020 at 2:06 AM, Jam90 said:

Hi all, 

Edited by Jorgedig

3 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Well, spousal visas are for the purpose of family reunification.  If she is living with you in your country, there is hardly a need for reunification, is there?

Most people wanting to bring an immigrant spouse over will move back to the US, get a job, establish life in the US, etc.  She is currently domiciled in Pakistan, so it is no wonder it was denied.

Right, i get that. now she will move back to reestablish

• 3 years later...

Hi did u get your visa as i got a 221g to proof of domicile. My husband is living with me in srilanka for the last fove years.now he is going back to reestablish. Please get back thank you on what documents you provided?🙏

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.