laylalex

Daily Mail update: Harry and Meghan are 'genuinely happy' in Canada because it's a 'world away from the chaos of their old life', source tells Us Weekly

397 posts in this topic

Oh no! Okay, I laughed a little. Harry sounds so earnest. It's kind of adorable. 

In separate quotes, published by Mail Online, Harry reportedly says he has been “part of a family and part of a country that is scared of the tabloid media because they have so much power and influence and no morals.

“From the moment that I found a wife that was strong enough to be able to stand up for what we believe in together, [that] has basically scared them so much that they’ve now come out incredibly angry, they’ve come out fighting, and all they will try and do now is try and destroy our reputation and try and, you know, sink us.”

He adds: “It hasn’t been very nice. It’s been horrible, but we will come out of it stronger people.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/mar/11/prince-harry-tricked-into-megxit-revelations-by-fake-greta-thunberg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Megxit

Greta

Russians

Guardian using the DM so they can both report a story that they consider beneath them and sneer at the DM and it readership.

All they seem to have missed is a bit of Corona.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Boiler! Not from the DM (I owe you a bunch now, I know) but important news nonetheless:

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/celebs/a31559224/why-prince-harry-meghan-markle-didnt-bring-archie-england/

According to the outlet, "the decision to leave Archie behind in Canada came not out of petty spite, as reported in some areas, but out of concern for his health during the threat of a global pandemic," referring to the recent outbreak of COVID-19, aka coronavirus. And honestly, that makes a lot of sense—better safe than sorry!

So this one has Megxit and the coronavirus, but no Russians and not Greta. Someday we will achieve perfection, and I will keep vigilant for that article.

Timeline

I am pleased you managed to bring in COVID-19, I think certainly for the last week only posts mentioning this have been allowed in CEHST.

Not really a Cosmo person so I probably would have missed it, assuming that was the reason sounds valid. On a plus point I notice halter necks are back.

Will they self isolate before they see Archie again?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I am trying to slowly wean us onto non-COVID19 stories, and thought this was a good gateway point. I have a great toxic masculinity one lined up but I was also wondering if it would be too soon to try something a little different. I hope H and M will get take precautions around baby Archie, who looks like Harry spit in a cup and asked for the Clone Special in that photo.

Personally I hate halter tops. I don't have broad shoulders, but they do tend to make me look like I should be trying out for the women's rugby team. 

Been spending the evening looking at dresses on the Saks website because I am assuming we will be alive in October and I need a dress for my wedding. Since the turnaround time is tight, it will need to be off the rack. I like this but I think it's a little too boring for a wedding dress: https://www.saksfifthavenue.com/marchesa-notte-ruched-sleeveless-satin-ball-gown/product/0400011808887

Timeline

I think The Dress is worthy of its own thread, many who may be able to make much better comments may not see it in CEHST.

It did occur to me if this was a roundabout way of bringing Weinstein into the conversation?

Apparently I am entitled to a 10% off coupon if that helps.

1 hour ago, Boiler said:

I think The Dress is worthy of its own thread, many who may be able to make much better comments may not see it in CEHST.

It did occur to me if this was a roundabout way of bringing Weinstein into the conversation?

Apparently I am entitled to a 10% off coupon if that helps.

Hadn't even thought about the Marchesa thing being topical but of course it is. There is a 20% off selected sale items promotion today on the Saks website but I don't think it's applicable to anything I'm interested in. My idea for wedding dress shopping in person is of course on hold. :( I am not looking for a regular bridal gown so my options are very open.

Might start that dress thread later today after errands. Good idea!

The Daily Mail wants us to know that Meghan and Harry are still news, even during a pandemic.

The Duchess of Sussex 'didn't understand she would have to work hard' and believed she could 'drive around in a golden coach' when she joined the royal family, according to Princess Margaret's closest confidante Lady Anne Glenconner.

Lady Glenconner, 87, told The Guardian that she believed Meghan Markle, 38, didn't realise that all members of The Firm had to work hard when she married Prince Harry, 35.

The former lady-in-waiting revealed: 'I think she thought she could drive around in a golden coach. But it’s actually quite boring.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8134835/Lady-Glenconner-accuses-Meghan-Markle-believing-drive-golden-coach.html

I like how Lady Glenconner slams Diana as well. I'm trying to figure out how the former lady in waiting to a dead princess is still relevant, but I guess Megxit gets clicks.

Timeline

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/mar/20/anne-glenconner-margaret-meghan-markle

Now that is funny, usually it is the Graun quoting the DM!

2 hours ago, Boiler said:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/mar/20/anne-glenconner-margaret-meghan-markle

Now that is funny, usually it is the Graun quoting the DM!

Well, these ARE interesting times we're in!

When the Daily Star starts quoting the Economist then we know we should all just give up.

Trouble in paradise? 

Prince Harry ‘hugged’ ex-girlfriend Chelsy Davy just after wife Meghan flew back to Canada

"Harry was beaming when he walked into the room and everyone was there waiting for him.

“He couldn’t believe his eyes when he saw Chelsy.

"He gave her the biggest hug. He was thrilled she was there. She and Harry have a serious connection."

Royal fans have been quick to react to the rumoured reunion between the ex-lovers.

One commented: “Harry's life would be so different and most definitely happy!"

Another replied: “Chelsy was the one that got away. I hope they find their way back to each other.”

Sorry, this one is from the Express. My Google feed is truly abysmal now.

Timeline

At least it does not include Colorado.

Now I did not pay a lot of attention but for some reason I thought back then Chelsy was considered his bit of rough?

3 minutes ago, Boiler said:

At least it does not include Colorado.

Now I did not pay a lot of attention but for some reason I thought back then Chelsy was considered his bit of rough?

I have a vague recollection of this too. There was another girl before Chelsy who also noped out but was somehow more suitable? Time to do some research. 🕵️‍♀️

It was Cressida Bonas and she was after Chelsy Davy. Definitely not a bit of rough, plenty of poshos in her extended family. 

Timeline