PlatinumRN

Problem with CEAC, missing TAB "Affidavit of Support Documents and Civil Documents"

30 posts in this topic

The TAB , "Affidavit of Support Documents and Civil Documents" is missing which is supposed to be right next to the "IV APPLICATION" tab. I am unable to upload civil documents, same issue goes with my agency and attorney. Whenever they log in, there is no where to upload documents. This is very frustrating as my documents are already complete but NVC no longer accepts mailed documents. They should at least have an alternative ways of submitting documents and not relying on their system that is completely failure to do its job. As far as I can see this is an error in their system or the programming of their site. Fee has been paid, DS260 has been completed for both me and my wife, last thing to do is upload documents. But how in the world could I upload documents or somebody else if there is nowhere to upload the documents. 

Is there anyone here with similar situation or problem and what was the solution? I have tried emailing NVC but it seems like it will take decades to reach them. Also, due to huge time differences, I am having difficulty contacting them by phone. 

IF YOU WOULD COMPARE BOTH PHOTOS ATTACHED, YOU COULD SEE MINE IS MISSING THE DOCUMENTS TAB

NVC.JPG

image.thumb.png.04e4dc7bbdda6b7dbad807e5d794918d.png

Edited by PlatinumRN
Added another photo

• 1 year later...
Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

I have this same issue where affidavit  of support tab is missing and unable to submit joint sponsor / petitioner forms. Did they advise you to mail the documents? How did you know the next steps. I called NVC and they advised to sent an inquiry online but will take longer to respond.  This is frustrating. Please share if you have any information of this issue. 

thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline
On 5/15/2021 at 1:18 AM, F3-from Toronto said:

Hello,

I have this same issue where affidavit  of support tab is missing and unable to submit joint sponsor / petitioner forms. Did they advise you to mail the documents? How did you know the next steps. I called NVC and they advised to sent an inquiry online but will take longer to respond.  This is frustrating. Please share if you have any information of this issue. 

thanks

Hey

we are facing the same issue and its really frustrating 

how in the world can their system be down for almost two weeks now

I uploaded mine in the beginning of May

my husband can’t upload his

its not at all sorting out 

:((

Same issue. I went to add my documents (petitioners) and then joint sponsor and now I can't upload anything. I had no idea it's already been down for 2 weeks!! How is that okay?? Our only option is to upload though that website so for it to be down this long is unacceptable. I created an inquiry which I'm sure will prove to be useless. Please update if you're able to do anything!! Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline
5 hours ago, Meli022 said:

Same issue. I went to add my documents (petitioners) and then joint sponsor and now I can't upload anything. I had no idea it's already been down for 2 weeks!! How is that okay?? Our only option is to upload though that website so for it to be down this long is unacceptable. I created an inquiry which I'm sure will prove to be useless. Please update if you're able to do anything!! Thanks!

Will let you know 
I hope this gets sorted by tomorrow as Saturday n Sunday is a holiday 
My two weeks wasted due to this drama 😏😒

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I was able to add a joint sponsor in CEAC, but when am trying to submit my Affidavit of Support by clicking to "Not Submitted" tab it moves me to civil documents page. Also, cannot able to click on "Affidavit of Support and Financial Documents" tab. Call NVC today and they told me that the System is down and it takes couple of days to fix it.

(F2B Case:-

USCIS Journey: California Service Center :- I-130 NOA1 : 2009-JUL-27 ==>I-130 NOA2 :2010-FEB-19

NVC Journey:- Received NVC Case # : 2010-MAR==> NVC Welcome Letter- 2015-JUL-30== >DS261 Form-Update Both Email I.D :- 2015-JUL-31 ==> Aos Invoice Generated- 2015-JUL-31 ==> Aos Fees Paid Status "Paid" - 2015-Aug-3 ==>Aos Package Sent- 2015-SEP-05==>IV Invoice Generated-2015-SEP-22==> IV Invoice Status "PAID" - 2015-SEP-22==>DS 260 Submitted- 2015-OCT-03==>.Civil Documents Submitted - 2015-OCT-10

CASE COMPLETE - 21-Nov-2015

Medical - 22nd April 2016

Interview - 2nd May 2016 (Status:- Approved)

Visa In Hand - 5th May 2016

IR1 for Spouse

USCIS Journey: California Service Center:- I-130 NOA1: 2019-NOV-19

I-130 NOA2: 2021-Apr-12

NVC Journey:- Received NVC Case # 2021-Apr-15==>AOS Fees Paid Status "Paid" - 2021-Apr-17 ==>AOS Package Submitted 2021-Jun-03==>IV Invoice Generated-2021-Apr-15==> IV Invoice Status "PAID" - 2021-Apr-16==>DS 260 Submitted- 2021-05-05==>.Civil Documents Submitted - 2021-05-08==> Resubmitted Joint Sponsor 2021-Aug-9

DQ:- 2-Nov-2021

Medical - 9-May-2023

Interview - 24-May-2023

Visa In Hand - 31 May 2023

IR2 for NB Baby

USCIS Journey: Nebraska Service Center Transfer (Potomac Service Center):- I-130 NOA1: 2022-Feb-01

I-130 NOA2:- 2022-Apr-22

NVC Journey:- Received NVC Case # 2022-Apr-28==>AOS Fee ==> Exempted - case linked to mother case==> IV Immigration fees “PAID”==> 2022-Apr-29==>Ds-260 Submitted- 2022-May-05==> Civil Documents Submitted - 2022-May-05

DQ:- 1-Aug-2022

Medical - 9-May-2023

Interview - 24-May-2023

Visa In Hand - 31 May 2023

N-400
Filed: 3/9/2021
NOA1: 3/9/2021
Biometric Appt /Reuse Notice: 8/31/2021

Interview:- 12/09/2021 (APPROVED)

Oath:- 1/7/2022

We also have this same issue where affidavit  of support tab is missing and unable to submit joint sponsor / petitioner forms. 

On Feb 22, we received a notice that our request for AOS fee waiver was accepted, but we had not requested a waiver and had paid the fee. Around that time, we think the AOS section disappeared from the IV Summary Information screen making it impossible to access the AOS upload folders. So we uploaded to IV Civil Documents - Other folders. As this was accepted by NVC (thru CEAC) we did not think about it again  .... until the interview on 13 April when the Immigration Unit Officer at the Embassy indicated a small modification to the Petitioner's AOS was required. There was no mention that the upload to the "Other" folder was not  acceptable (it was marked "ACCEPTED"). We made the minor change to the AOS in the Upload folder and resubmitted. It was marked ACCEPTED on April 20.

However, the reviewer at the Embassy in Singapore wrote on May 7 that "
We note that the Affidavits of Support forms of your petitioner and your joint sponsor were uploaded into the OTHER folder in your CEAC. Please upload both affidavits of support into the I-864 AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT folder in your CEAC."  We immediately replied on the same day, during business hours, that the AOS Section was not displaying and we could not access the designated folders for upload, and said we would contact NVC as the CEAC system is theirs. During the call, the NVC officer said that the files had been transferred on March 15 and they no longer had access, so the only suggestion was to follow up with the Embassy. We did so immediately( all via email) on May 8 (Saturday for Monday arrival) explaining the issue in detail, with screenshots showing that the AOS Section does not appear. And we requested a phone appointment to discuss with the Reviewer.

On May 10, at 5PM, we received a short reply that "
The consular officer is unable to adjudicate your affidavit of support if it is not uploaded into the correct folder." signed off just as "Immigrant Visa Unit, US Embassy Singapore" with no name (as also previous emails). There was no suggestion of any other solution. So we called NVC again and were  "informed that it is only the Immigrant Visa Unit of the US Embassy in Singapore who can initiate an alternative solution." Subsequent to the telcon, we replied that night, May 10, stating "The fact remains that I cannot re-upload the files to folders to which I have no access...How can we resolve this quickly since it is a known issue which requires an alternate work-around?" Additional screenshots were submitted and again requested a phone appointment or call back. We also restated that the case had been expedited for medical reasons (the beneficiary was diagnosed with stage IV cancer 4 months after the initial application) and requested to make this known to all parties involved in any handoffs or resolutions.

On May 12, at 4PM, the Immigrant Visa Unit (no name) replied "
The consular officer is unable to adjudicate the Affidavit of Support if your Form I-864 is uploaded into another folder. Please forward a print screen of the error message you encountered when you attempt to upload your Form I-864." At least the possibility of an error was recognized, but the 2 prior emails of the details of not having access to the AOS was, in fact, the error and the screenshots were not acknowledged. There could be no error code on access of the folders when the folders did not appear for access.  We replied immediately on May 12 at 4:40PM specifically requesting 2 possible workarounds, including hard copy as mentioned earlier in this thread.  "Can we perhaps do the same, send or hand-deliver hard copy?  Or can you accept, as was mentioned by the NVC Helplline, that the upload to the OTHER Category of the Civil Documents be accepted, as they were accepted by the NVC?"

It was then on May 17, again at close of business, that "
Unfortunately, we would not be able to accept a hardcopy Form I-864. We have contacted our service desk for assistance. We hope to contact you soon with a solution." Until today, 27 May, there has been no further communication from the Immigrant Visa Unit, US Embassy Singapore. 

This is said to be the final step, but it is 6 weeks since the interview, after which the issue was not raised until 7 May (3 weeks ago - despite having been marked ACCEPTED by NVC in CEAC), and for the last 10 days we are in limbo. Requests to the Immigrant Visa Unit, US Embassy Singapore for an update have not received reply. And now we see that numerous similar issues have been raised by others in this forum. This begs the question of how many more have this issue. 

As a final note, on May 17, there was a post on the Troubleshooting page (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/troubleshooting.html) that 

ISSUE "CEAC users were experiencing intermittent problems with access the Financial Evidence portion of their CEAC portal. Document upload features were unavailable in some instances."
ACTION "The CEAC access errors have been resolved. If you were unable to submit documents or access CEAC as result of the error, please try again now. If you successfully submitted documents, you don't need to do so again, unless specifically instructed by NVC."

So this seems to be a known system issue, and seems to have escalated recently, based on the recent additions to this thread. And it is claimed to have been resolved last week .... but the AOS issue, for us, is still outstanding. 

This is really frustrating, and there is little customer service/empathy (except for an NVC Call Center employee named Sadie who was very sympathetic and helpful).

4 - Example of AOS input menu.jpg

1 - AOS Section on Home page not displaying highlighted Censored.jpg

2021-05-27 (7).png

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Finally today I was able to upload financial documents for Joint sponsor. It no longer shows N/A. Also received email (system generated) from NVC saying ‘your request to add Joint sponsor has been approved’. 

Took two weeks to resolve. 

On 5/27/2021 at 10:16 PM, F3-from Toronto said:

Finally today I was able to upload financial documents for Joint sponsor. It no longer shows N/A. Also received email (system generated) from NVC saying ‘your request to add Joint sponsor has been approved’. 

Took two weeks to resolve. 

congratulations to you for submitting your documents.  I am facing same problem too which gives me headache. 

The latest information we have received is that a ticket was raised with the “service desk” to resolve the issue. This sounds like it is a system problem. The problem might have started when a waiver of the AOS fee was granted; a waiver we did not request. Maybe an AOS fee waiver also erased the AOS document section? (Some people seem to refer to this section as the “financials” versus the “documents” in the IV section. If you also encounter this problem of the missing AOS section, it might be a good idea to check your messages to see if you were also spuriously granted an AOS fee waiver. 

Please,  I I cant submit AOS and financial document for the joint sponsor and I. I made an error with the year of birth on the Inquiring Form. I also read that sending multiple forms will bring delay. It is advisable for me to send a second form to correct the immigrant's year of birth?  thank you 

41 minutes ago, Blaise said:

I am facing same problem too.

42 minutes ago, Blaise said:

IPlease,  I I cant submit AOS and financial document for the joint sponsor and I. I made an error with the year of birth on the Inquiring Form. I also read that sending multiple forms will bring delay. It is advisable for me to send a second form to correct the immigrant's year of birth?  thank you 

Please,  I I cant submit AOS and financial document for the joint sponsor and I. I made an error with the year of birth on the Inquiring Form. I also read that sending multiple forms will bring delay. It is advisable for me to send a second form to correct the immigrant's year of birth?  thank you 

43 minutes ago, Blaise said:

I am facing same problem too.

Please,  I I cant submit AOS and financial document for the joint sponsor and I. I made an error with the year of birth on the Inquiring Form. I also read that sending multiple forms will bring delay. It is advisable for me to send a second form to correct the immigrant's year of birth?  thank you 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.