Jump to content
Cilllah

Queensland Police Certificate

9 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Good morning,

 

I just want to check. Can I apply for a normal police certificate or do I need the finger print one? I have been married prior and changed my name.

I just want to confirm as apparently in Queensland one with fingers prints is $220 which is a lot and if I don't need it I would rather do the cheaper alternative.


Is this correct?
https://www.police.qld.gov.au/sites/default/files/2019-10/Police Certificate Name with Fingerprint Search.pdf

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

The US Embassy in Sydney has a specific list posted of what they require for the interview. Their list says it can be a name check or fingerprint check. My fiancé just did his police check yesterday and it was $42. Just make sure you do it for all the names you’ve used. 
 

https://au.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/81/K-Required-Documents.pdf Here’s that link to the list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Cilllah said:

Good morning,

 

I just want to check. Can I apply for a normal police certificate or do I need the finger print one? I have been married prior and changed my name.

I just want to confirm as apparently in Queensland one with fingers prints is $220 which is a lot and if I don't need it I would rather do the cheaper alternative.


Is this correct?
https://www.police.qld.gov.au/sites/default/files/2019-10/Police Certificate Name with Fingerprint Search.pdf

Thank you!

No !!!!!
You need the police check done by the AFP not the state police. 
 

Read the requirements on the official page 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/australia.html

to ensure you get the correct certificate the first time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

No !!!!!
You need the police check done by the AFP not the state police. 
 

Read the requirements on the official page 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/australia.html

to ensure you get the correct certificate the first time 

She will apply for the fingerprints through the Queensland police.  It IS an AFP report - but she has to apply locally.  Each Australian state has their own methods of application.  Some states go directly to the AFP and others go through the state police.

 

Sukie in NY (Queenslander)

Edited by Sukie
More info

Spoiler

 

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sukie said:

She will apply for the fingerprints through the Queensland police.  It IS an AFP report - but she has to apply locally.  Each Australian state has their own methods of application.  Some states go directly to the AFP and others go through the state police.

 

Sukie in NY (Queenslander)

If she’s getting fingerprints yes .. she gets them through QLDPol yes .. but I interpreted her intent was to get the name only certificate from them also. Just how I read it 

Lil Bear (VIC)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Lil bear said:

If she’s getting fingerprints yes .. she gets them through QLDPol yes .. but I interpreted her intent was to get the name only certificate from them also. Just how I read it 

Lil Bear (VIC)

I’m applying in QLD but it’s this form they offer which is Australia wide so I believe it is the correct form and application?

 

sorry if it’s hard to read I’m on mobile.

8EE161B2-982B-4F88-B3A5-228A37FC9F72.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2020 at 11:49 AM, Cilllah said:

Good morning,

 

I just want to check. Can I apply for a normal police certificate or do I need the finger print one? I have been married prior and changed my name.

I just want to confirm as apparently in Queensland one with fingers prints is $220 which is a lot and if I don't need it I would rather do the cheaper alternative.


Is this correct?
https://www.police.qld.gov.au/sites/default/files/2019-10/Police Certificate Name with Fingerprint Search.pdf

Thank you!

Neither... DONT get Qld Certificate, you need the AFP one.. full disclosure code 33... apply online, no fingerprints needs..

 

https://afpnationalpolicechecks.converga.com.au/

Edited by Duke & Marie

IR1 Journey

  • Married 14 April 2018
  • I130 Package Sent 30 Sept 2018
  • NOA1 PD 5 Oct 2018 (Nebraska) 
  • NOA2 30 September 2019 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌
  • Sent to NVC 10 October 2019
  • AOS/IV Package Submitted 15 November 2019 
  • NVC Review Error 11 Jan Resulted in 9 week processing delay
  • Expidite Request Declined 😢11 March 2020
  • Lockdown in NOLA with Virus 23 March 2020
  • NVC DQ 4/25 pending being sent to Sydney for Interview
  • Sydney Closed... Australia on Lockdown due to Covid

 

AOS Journey

  • I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Duke & Marie said:

Neither... DONT get Qld Certificate, you need the AFP one.. full disclosure code 33... apply online, no fingerprints needs..

I have done it now. I did the AFP one and code 33! I did get fingerprints and name check done as I have had a name change and it was suggested on this subforum. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...