Cilllah

Queensland Police Certificate

9 posts in this topic

Good morning,

I just want to check. Can I apply for a normal police certificate or do I need the finger print one? I have been married prior and changed my name.

I just want to confirm as apparently in Queensland one with fingers prints is $220 which is a lot and if I don't need it I would rather do the cheaper alternative.

Is this correct?
https://www.police.qld.gov.au/sites/default/files/2019-10/Police Certificate Name with Fingerprint Search.pdf

Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

The US Embassy in Sydney has a specific list posted of what they require for the interview. Their list says it can be a name check or fingerprint check. My fiancé just did his police check yesterday and it was $42. Just make sure you do it for all the names you’ve used. 

https://au.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/81/K-Required-Documents.pdf Here’s that link to the list. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
12 hours ago, Cilllah said:

Good morning,

I just want to check. Can I apply for a normal police certificate or do I need the finger print one? I have been married prior and changed my name.

I just want to confirm as apparently in Queensland one with fingers prints is $220 which is a lot and if I don't need it I would rather do the cheaper alternative.

Is this correct?
https://www.police.qld.gov.au/sites/default/files/2019-10/Police Certificate Name with Fingerprint Search.pdf

Thank you!

No !!!!!
You need the police check done by the AFP not the state police. 

Read the requirements on the official page 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/australia.html

to ensure you get the correct certificate the first time 

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

No !!!!!
You need the police check done by the AFP not the state police. 

Read the requirements on the official page 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/australia.html

to ensure you get the correct certificate the first time 

She will apply for the fingerprints through the Queensland police.  It IS an AFP report - but she has to apply locally.  Each Australian state has their own methods of application.  Some states go directly to the AFP and others go through the state police.

Sukie in NY (Queenslander)

Edited by Sukie
More info
Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sukie said:

She will apply for the fingerprints through the Queensland police.  It IS an AFP report - but she has to apply locally.  Each Australian state has their own methods of application.  Some states go directly to the AFP and others go through the state police.

Sukie in NY (Queenslander)

If she’s getting fingerprints yes .. she gets them through QLDPol yes .. but I interpreted her intent was to get the name only certificate from them also. Just how I read it 

Lil Bear (VIC)

3 hours ago, Lil bear said:

If she’s getting fingerprints yes .. she gets them through QLDPol yes .. but I interpreted her intent was to get the name only certificate from them also. Just how I read it 

Lil Bear (VIC)

I’m applying in QLD but it’s this form they offer which is Australia wide so I believe it is the correct form and application?

sorry if it’s hard to read I’m on mobile.

8EE161B2-982B-4F88-B3A5-228A37FC9F72.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2020 at 11:49 AM, Cilllah said:

Good morning,

Is this correct?

Thank you!

Neither... DONT get Qld Certificate, you need the AFP one.. full disclosure code 33... apply online, no fingerprints needs..

https://afpnationalpolicechecks.converga.com.au/

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

4 minutes ago, Duke & Marie said:

Neither... DONT get Qld Certificate, you need the AFP one.. full disclosure code 33... apply online, no fingerprints needs..

I have done it now. I did the AFP one and code 33! I did get fingerprints and name check done as I have had a name change and it was suggested on this subforum. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.