4 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I have a very important question regarding the DS-160 application but before that, a little background:

• We applied for K1 fiancee visa this past summer and got our acceptance and all. I have a dual citizenship (Romanian and Canadian), and when applying for the K1 visa, I applied as a Canadian. As I mentioned before, we were accepted and now we are at the embassy phase.

While filling out the DS-160, I encountered an error and I don't know how to fix it...

• at the end of the first section titled "personal information 1" it asks for my place of birth which is Romania
  • the next section, "personal information 2," asks for country/region of origin (nationality)...do I put CANADA here or ROMANIA
    • the problem is this -- I'm thinking that since I applied as a Canadian, I put Canada for that part...however, the question after asks if I hold/have held any other nationality besides the Canada one which I would assumed to put "yes" since I am also Romanian.
    • to add to this, the question after that asks if I am a permanent resident of any other country which in my case would be yes since I am also Romanian

When I do that and continue, I get an error (look at attachments)...whats the problem here? It says it has already been entered!! Could it be that since I put my birthplace (Romania) it automatically knows I'm a Romanian resident and national alongside Canada?

I don't know if this whole explanation makes sense, but maybe the photos attached will clear things up!

1617043649_ScreenShot2020-02-09at4_59_48PM.thumb.png.a8240cdb4074f2dadef7c5f4465c6f1d.png1610635088_ScreenShot2020-02-09at4_59_54PM.thumb.png.caa09e80cec3f316eb90aeedfd61d051.png

Cheers,

Dan 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

You are not a permanent resident of Romania, you are a citizen...so no need to answer yes to the resident question

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.