klam133

K1-Visa questions

6 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I just recently submitted the I-129f ( Jan 05, 2020) and got the NOA1 in the mail (Jan 14th, 2020). I had a help from a friend of my grandpa that does all the immigration paper works. I was very happy that I got NOA1. Now the waiting game begins. I am planning to go back in May 2020 to do a quick visit my fiance for like a week, ( this will be the third visit. First one was back in July 2019, after 4 months of communication, second one was in Dec 2019, it was when i proposed). The third trip, we are planning to do a wedding photo shoot. My questions are

1. Would this wedding photo shoot gonna affect the interview? I read on the forum saying Engagment ceremonies can make it looks " too married" for k1 applications, but this is just a photo shoot.

2. I read on the forum that so many horror stories where many get rejected ever since the Houston scandal. I am not sure about the chances of us getting approved after that.

3. Would it be ideal after we get our NOA2, my fiance can go to one of those services that helps with paperwork to get her schedule for medical exam, appointment and paperworks ready for the interview?

A little background about us. I was born in Vietnam, moved to US when i was 12. Met my fiance through a mutual friend of ours back in late Feb 2019. I am 25 M and my fiance is 22 FM.

Thank you.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I think the potential issue is that Wedding Photo shoots are usually done at Weddings.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Hold off until you get married?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 2 weeks later...
City: Nittany Lion Country Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 2/6/2020 at 10:07 AM, Boiler said:

I think the potential issue is that Wedding Photo shoots are usually done at Weddings.

Not really.  Engagement photo shoots are VERY common in Asia and taken pre-wedding so they can be displayed at the reception dinner.

Also note that a Vietnamese ENGAGEMENT CEREMONY  (Dam Hoi?) is pretty in depth.  Its not a typical party with food/beer. 

Last week I was in Phan Theit and we had an engagement photo shoot (my fiancee wore a wedding dress, Ao Dai and a nice dress).  The day before we had basically a party and I met the entire clan. 

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/648985-k1-engagement-ceremony-vs-wedding-ceremony-will-having-them-affect-my-interview/

Marriage in VN is not like the US where you can bang it out in 'Vegas and be done.  Takes damn near a month.  And if you have a fairly recent Statement of single status or Certificate of No-Marriage Records that would pretty much say you're not married.

Could the CO be a hard nose and still deny?  Yep.  They deny people in 30 seconds for unknown reasons.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.