PJourney

221(g) + police clearance + passport

11 posts in this topic

A lot of factors effect a 221g. First of all the incoming mail is checked and security screened, then it needs to be sorted and assigned to the correct section, the person responsible for your case needs to check the documents, and then a consular Officer needs to verify the data and adjudicate your visa. 

it is also very dependent on your assigned post and the workload that post has. It can take 2-3 weeks, it can take 2-3 months. As processing varies in each and every case they cannot guarantee an outcome on or before any given date. This is why all consular posts, as well as this site suggests you DO NOT purchase any travel plans until the visa and your passport are in your possession.

visa Issued

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
5 hours ago, PJourney said:

Hello, I had my Visa interview a couple days ago and was given a 221(g) with instructions to mail in a police clearance along with my passport. Has anyone else had this experience? If so, how long would it take for me to get my Visa after submitting the requirements? Pls share. Thank you! 🙏

Which visa and which consulate? Please fill in your Timeline! Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
16 hours ago, PJourney said:

and was given a 221(g) with instructions to mail in a police clearance along with my passport. 

Along with your passport? That means they returned your passport?

We had a similar experience with a 221(g) for Police Certificate. However, they kept the passport. 

The Police Certificate was submitted the following day. And since then the status is Administrative Processing...for 62 days already, and counting. CR1 visa, Paris Embassy.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, portorusa said:

We had a similar experience with a 221(g) for Police Certificate. However, they kept the passport. 

The Police Certificate was submitted the following day. And since then the status is Administrative Processing...for 62 days already, and counting. CR1 visa, Paris Embassy.

I am also in same situation i also submitted my police clearance,medical and passport on 20 Jan 2020. Still in AP no further update.

4 hours ago, portorusa said:

Yes they returned my Passport and want me to mail it in along with my new Police Certificate. Did you have mail the Police Certificate? 

Edited by PJourney

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, PJourney said:

We're you advised to mail it in or it was dropped off at the embassy? Are you from the Philippines as well?

No i am not from philippines, i m from india. I dropped off at the embassy.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 2/5/2020 at 9:45 AM, ricksme1983 said:

I am also in same situation i also submitted my police clearance,medical and passport on 20 Jan 2020. Still in AP no further update.

I am also in the same situation police certificate they told me I will hear from them in two weeks time today mark the two weeks I emailed them and they said my case has been escalated and in process of being reviewed has anyone has a similar response 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.