Koko bongo

Trump's Travel Ban Mega Thread

2,378 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Fumero said:

Which means that even when US embassy in Nigeria reopens. They would still not process immigrant visas which include CR1 visas until the ban is lifted. I advice everyone to be really patient because these are really fragile moments for everyone undergoing and visa category process especially in Nigeria as there are no head away yet regarding their reopening.

When you check out the proclamation, there are exemptions.ย 

5A7306A5-5EBA-442B-AF21-1C2076AF2151.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Alphamalekings said:

When you check out the proclamation, there are exemptions.ย 

5A7306A5-5EBA-442B-AF21-1C2076AF2151.png

This exemptionย only applies to countries who were eligible for spouse immigrant visa. There have been a ban in Nigeria of immigrant visa forย Spouse and relations since January even before the Covid became serious.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Fumero said:

This exemptionย only applies to countries who were eligible for spouse immigrant visa. There have been a ban in Nigeria of immigrant visa forย Spouse and relations since January even before the Covid became serious.

People were still been issued visas despite that. Scroll up this thread.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Fumero said:

Which means that even when US embassy in Nigeria reopens. They would still not process immigrant visas which include CR1 visas until the ban is lifted. I advice everyone to be really patient because these are really fragile moments for everyone undergoing and visa category process especially in Nigeria as there are no head away yet regarding their reopening.

I donโ€™t think the Emil said they r not going to process cr1 visas.. they were doing it after the ban and before covid

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Fumero said:

A lot of people still got waivers after the ban. Especially spouses of US citizens and LPR petitionersย ย 

ย 

Hopefully when Nigeria openย the international airports, the embassy will continue processing CR1 again

Edited by David Utomi

Timeline
1 hour ago, Binbin22 said:

If u were following this thread from the beginning u will c that quite a few ppl have posted their visas despite the ban.. letโ€™s speak life into this situation.. May all be together with their families in Jesus name.. I am claiming minesย 

I claim mine too....

ย 

I am so upset and sad that all we have to do is wait, it's sad.... some countries are rescrescheduling and holding interviews right now, most are getting approved... but of course Nigerians has to wait..ย  it is well..ย  the best will happen, we will be with our loved ones soon. Let me stop here so i don't rant further....ย 

ย 

Peace and love โค

Timeline

I was at the hospital that the embassy asigns for medicals and also where I had mine done early in the year.. apperently they are having medicals done.. and that means one thing, the embassy may have resumed their phased resumption process and will hold interviews asuch.. so be hopeful and check your mail and span from time to time.. good luck and you will get to meet your loved ones soon..

Timeline
12 hours ago, Arewa said:

I claim mine too....

ย 

I am so upset and sad that all we have to do is wait, it's sad.... some countries are rescrescheduling and holding interviews right now, most are getting approved... but of course Nigerians has to wait..ย  it is well..ย  the best will happen, we will be with our loved ones soon. Let me stop here so i don't rant further....ย 

ย 

Peace and love โค

You are so right, it's very sad. We just finished at NVC in June and no telling how long until we get an interview. This process is so depressing.

Timeline
15 hours ago, Binbin22 said:

I donโ€™t think the Emil said they r not going to process cr1 visas.. they were doing it after the ban and before covid

If one gets the presidential proclamationย  waived stamped on their visa they will be okay Iย think. That was happening after the ban and before COVID-19.ย 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Hrmjoevii said:

I was at the hospital that the embassy asigns for medicals and also where I had mine done early in the year.. apperently they are having medicals done.. and that means one thing, the embassy may have resumed their phased resumption process and will hold interviews asuch.. so be hopeful and check your mail and span from time to time.. good luck and you will get to meet your loved ones soon..

Thank u for that glimmer of hope.. Am really praying itโ€™s sooner than later

Timeline
1 hour ago, Patricia Owuh said:

You are so right, it's very sad. We just finished at NVC in June and no telling how long until we get an interview. This process is so depressing.

Pat it really is.. I think not knowing is even worse.. they r not communicating and thatโ€™s what bring about the depression and anxiety... I have been really patient through this process but am starting to loose it ๐Ÿ˜“๐Ÿ˜“

Timeline
1 hour ago, Binbin22 said:

Pat it really is.. I think not knowing is even worse.. they r not communicating and thatโ€™s what bring about the depression and anxiety... I have been really patient through this process but am starting to loose it ๐Ÿ˜“๐Ÿ˜“

You and me both! Prayers for you and hopefully we will get good news soon! Stay safe,and stay blessed!

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Patricia Owuh said:

You and me both! Prayers for you and hopefully we will get good news soon! Stay safe,and stay blessed!

Thank u and I pray the same good faith for u also ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฟ

ย 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.