Koko bongo

Trump's Travel Ban Mega Thread

2,378 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 hours ago, Patricia Owuh said:

They are only opening for domestic flights as of right now. International flights will resume soon . Or they are hoping it will.

We got notice yesterday that evacuation flight was already full.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Matma70 said:

Where did you hear this? I know they were trying to get Nigerians who had already become US citizens, to return to the US. Is that the flight you are talking about? Good luck to all dealing with immigration from Nigeria. This journey has been 3 years in the making for my husband and I and now the travel ban and the pandemic. God have mercy on us !!!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 6/27/2020 at 3:38 PM, Davie92 said:

Abuja Airport reopen with full service..

I'm praying that Lagos Consulate resume work ASAP too.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/06/27/abuja-airport-reopens-after-three-month-lockdown

Lagos consulate is open, it is addressing visa categories that are exempted as well as emergency visa services.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Matma70 said:

You don't need an evacuation flight

Just contact airlines that are evacuating people back to Nigeria

Simply check for their return flights and ensure your can get a flight to your designation from wherever the Airline's route is.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, renny said:

Lagos consulate is open, it is addressing visa categories that are exempted as well as emergency visa services.

When did you find this out? I haven't heard this news. I also thought the airlines were only open to full service for domestic flights only as of right now. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Timeline
13 hours ago, renny said:

You don't need an evacuation flight

Just contact airlines that are evacuating people back to Nigeria

Simply check for their return flights and ensure your can get a flight to your designation from wherever the Airline's route is.

That's not how it works. America through its embassies organize a flight to bring stranded people back to America. They never even announce what airline is used, the embassy select the people, and America citizens are first priority.

Timeline
22 hours ago, Patricia Owuh said:

Where did you hear this? I know they were trying to get Nigerians who had already become US citizens, to return to the US. Is that the flight you are talking about? Good luck to all dealing with immigration from Nigeria. This journey has been 3 years in the making for my husband and I and now the travel ban and the pandemic. God have mercy on us !!!

After you suggested I register my husband for evacuation flight I did. Next day, I received email (attached) from EmbassyYahoo Mail Document_ Health Alert_ U.S.PDF

Edited by Matma70
Correct typo

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Matma70 said:

After you suggested I register my husband for evacuation flight I did. Next day, I received email (attached) from EmbassyYahoo Mail Document_ Health Alert_ U.S.PDF

Sorry, I don't think my PDF is viewable but it is official letter from Embassy!

Timeline
On 7/3/2020 at 12:27 PM, Patricia Owuh said:

When did you find this out? I haven't heard this news. I also thought the airlines were only open to full service for domestic flights only as of right now. Any info is greatly appreciated.

It has been communicated on their website that they are attending to emergencies, and a few people who required vistiors visas to accompany us citizen for evacuation have reported that they had interviews.

About international flights?

Air france , Emirates and Ethiopian airlines who have evacuated Nigerians back to Nigeria have flights out of Nigeria were they have said if you have VALID RESIDENT PERMIT or PASSPORT of a country that they are flying to or you can get a connecting flight to they will let you pay and board. And these are not evacuation flights out of Nigeria. Their websites have info of their flights.

An evacuation flight from the US arrived this Saturday or so , I am pretty sure a flight out of Lagos will be due soon.

Timeline
On 7/4/2020 at 1:25 AM, Matma70 said:

That's not how it works. America through its embassies organize a flight to bring stranded people back to America. They never even announce what airline is used, the embassy select the people, and America citizens are first priority.

You are misinformed Ma'am. Embassies can schedule evacuation flights I am not referring to registering for Evacuation flights via US consulate directly- that is different from what I am saying.

I am referring to the return leg of evacuation flights ( in this case it is Nigerians returning to Nigeria) out of Nigeria which is publicly available on airlines websites.  Ethiopian airlines and Emirates in particular. If you can get to Lome - Ethiopian will fly you to Newark.

Right here on visajourney Nigerians have left Nigeria on return legs of evacuation flights - information that was readily available on airline website, e.g Emirates .

I know of Nigerians with residence permits in Canada and even a KI visa that left in the last two weeks. Via emirates and Ethiopian airlines

Edited by renny

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 7/5/2020 at 4:36 PM, renny said:

It has been communicated on their website that they are attending to emergencies, and a few people who required vistiors visas to accompany us citizen for evacuation have reported that they had interviews.

About international flights?

Air france , Emirates and Ethiopian airlines who have evacuated Nigerians back to Nigeria have flights out of Nigeria were they have said if you have VALID RESIDENT PERMIT or PASSPORT of a country that they are flying to or you can get a connecting flight to they will let you pay and board. And these are not evacuation flights out of Nigeria. Their websites have info of their flights.

An evacuation flight from the US arrived this Saturday or so , I am pretty sure a flight out of Lagos will be due soon.

I read there is a Ethiopian Airlines flight scheduled for July 17 to return Nigerians from the US arriving in Abuja from New Jersey, so most likely that will be another evacuation flight on the return leg. 

Timeline
On 7/5/2020 at 4:45 PM, renny said:

You are misinformed Ma'am. Embassies can schedule evacuation flights I am not referring to registering for Evacuation flights via US consulate directly- that is different from what I am saying.

I am referring to the return leg of evacuation flights ( in this case it is Nigerians returning to Nigeria) out of Nigeria which is publicly available on airlines websites.  Ethiopian airlines and Emirates in particular. If you can get to Lome - Ethiopian will fly you to Newark.

Right here on visajourney Nigerians have left Nigeria on return legs of evacuation flights - information that was readily available on airline website, e.g Emirates .

I know of Nigerians with residence permits in Canada and even a KI visa that left in the last two weeks. Via emirates and Ethiopian airlines

Sorry for misunderstanding you!  My husband called Ethiopian Airlines and was told about an upcoming trip like this. So hopefully he can catch this. His is also considering going to Cotonou but when I researched Air France it sounds like he needs France (transit) visa just to enter airport.. so that will be a problem! Thank you for your assistance!

Timeline
36 minutes ago, PatLuvO said:

I read there is a Ethiopian Airlines flight scheduled for July 17 to return Nigerians from the US arriving in Abuja from New Jersey, so most likely that will be another evacuation flight on the return leg. 

Thank you! He spoke with Ethiopian Airlines today and yes there is flight but I don't know much of details!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Matma70 said:

Thank you! He spoke with Ethiopian Airlines today and yes there is flight but I don't know much of details!

There is a flight on July 11th to Toronto on Euro Atlantic from Lagos/Abuja it’s the return leg of an evacuation flight from Toronto. Maybe you can check that 1 as well if a transit through Canada to the US is possible. You should also check Emirates,  Dubai airport is open for transit passengers  and they have direct flights from Dubai to the US. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, PatLuvO said:

There is a flight on July 11th to Toronto on Euro Atlantic from Lagos/Abuja it’s the return leg of an evacuation flight from Toronto. Maybe you can check that 1 as well if a transit through Canada to the US is possible. You should also check Emirates,  Dubai airport is open for transit passengers  and they have direct flights from Dubai to the US. 

Thank you so much for all your assistance. I truly appreciate it because it has been a 4 year struggle for us to be together! I will look into all of these leads!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.