Ilovecake

I-751 FEBRUARY 2020 FILERS

790 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi y'all. I'm really tired. Tired of waiting. Tired of feeling hopeless. Husband keeps on saying "we're so close" but honestly it seems like it will take another year. This is seriously messing up with my head 😔

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, J91939 said:

Hi y'all. I'm really tired. Tired of waiting. Tired of feeling hopeless. Husband keeps on saying "we're so close" but honestly it seems like it will take another year. This is seriously messing up with my head 😔

Hi! Sorry to hear that :( Do you think of applying for citizenship? Maybe it will distract you a little bit. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, H-I said:

Hi! Sorry to hear that :( Do you think of applying for citizenship? Maybe it will distract you a little bit. 

I'll be eligible to apply next week. It is taking roughly 17 months to get an interview for citizenship so I am going to wait so I don't spend the next 17 months feeling like I am out of breath 😔

Timeline

Last Tuesday marked 60 days since they received my RFE. I contacted a tier 1 agent via chat on the USCIS website (took 5 minutes to speak to someone) and asked if there was any time frame for response of RFEs. The agent took down my information and put in a service request. (I didn't ask for a SR, the agent I spoke with said she would create one because they had my RFE for 60 days). They had 30 days to respond to the service request.

Yesterday, I received an email saying that my case was still under review, and that I should receive a response within 60 days.

Today around 12pm my case changed to card being produced, then case approved. I was at work and my entire company celebrated. We tried to get a cake but we couldn't find a bakery that was open, so we ate a bunch of chocolate instead 😂

I'm not sure if putting in a service request helped them take a look at my file. Maybe it was just a coincidence, but I'd like to think it helped. If you are waiting an unreasonable amount of time and think it would help, then by all means go ahead. My experience was pretty positive. 

I am eligible to apply for citizenship next Wednesday. Thank you all for spending the last 353 days with me. You are all amazing human beings and I know things will go well. 

Now it's time for me to join the N-400 February 2021 filers forum :)

All the best! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 hours ago, J91939 said:

Last Tuesday marked 60 days since they received my RFE. I contacted a tier 1 agent via chat on the USCIS website (took 5 minutes to speak to someone) and asked if there was any time frame for response of RFEs. The agent took down my information and put in a service request. (I didn't ask for a SR, the agent I spoke with said she would create one because they had my RFE for 60 days). They had 30 days to respond to the service request.

Yesterday, I received an email saying that my case was still under review, and that I should receive a response within 60 days.

Today around 12pm my case changed to card being produced, then case approved. I was at work and my entire company celebrated. We tried to get a cake but we couldn't find a bakery that was open, so we ate a bunch of chocolate instead 😂

I'm not sure if putting in a service request helped them take a look at my file. Maybe it was just a coincidence, but I'd like to think it helped. If you are waiting an unreasonable amount of time and think it would help, then by all means go ahead. My experience was pretty positive. 

I am eligible to apply for citizenship next Wednesday. Thank you all for spending the last 353 days with me. You are all amazing human beings and I know things will go well. 

Now it's time for me to join the N-400 February 2021 filers forum :)

All the best! 

This is awesome! Congrats @J91939!

I won't be joining the N-400 February 2021 filers forum for a good reason!

We are about to sell our house and move to a different state. Plus, we just found out I am pregnant! Just too much on our plates right now. I'll probably be joining the June/July filers but I will keep an eye on the February filers ;) 

Good luck to y'all!

Edited by DebbieRaney

AOS JOURNEY

AOS package sent: 01/22/18 

NOA1 dated: 01/26/18

NOA1 text/emails: 01/29/18

NOA1 Hardcopies: 02/02/18

Biometrics: 02/23/18

Interview scheduled for: 05/08/18

Green Card Approved & Card in Production: 05/08/18

Card was Mailed to me: 05/11/18

Card Received: 05/15/18                                                        

ROC JOURNEY

ROC package sent: 02/08/20

ROC received in AZ: 02/10/20

Check cashed + Text message with case #: 02/14/20

NOA1 dated: 02/13/20

Biometrics: 05/07/20 (text + email stating bio was taken)

"Card in Production": 07/07/20

"Case was approved": 07/08/20

Approval notice received: 07/11/20

"Card was mailed to me": 07/28/20

Timeline
22 minutes ago, DebbieRaney said:

This is awesome! Congrats @J91939!

I won't be joining the N-400 February 2021 filers forum for a good reason!

We are about to sell our house and move to a different state. Plus, we just found out I am pregnant! Just too much on our plates right now. I'll probably be joining the June/July filers but I will keep an eye on the February filers ;) 

Good luck to y'all!

Omg congrats!!! ❤️

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Brit2Seattle said:

Received a RFE in mid-December, returned evidence ~January 22nd and my case status changed to approved on February 4rd! 

Congratulation, now time to join the N-400 forum for the last lap of the USCIS journey. Once again congrats

Timeline
8 hours ago, hassam03 said:

Hi - how many of you applied themselves? I wana know if I can file for removal of conditions without the help of an attorney.

I did 🙋 removal of conditions was the easiest form I had to fill

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jensti said:

I think about 90% of people do it themselves. I did. 

True. I did too. The majority of us do this ourselves. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.