Ilovecake

I-751 FEBRUARY 2020 FILERS

790 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

😢

Those of us who just got our appointment dates to find out they're closed should do a Rescheduling Watch Party.

Anybody seen Castaway recently? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Montenegro
Timeline
On 3/14/2020 at 6:58 PM, J91939 said:

Aaaaaaaa ❤ finally someone with the same timeline!! 

Youre from NJ too, whaddup!!

Whaaaat!! what are the chances!! We need to keep in touch! 

So should we assume all of our biometrics will be rescheduled? I haven't received any official notice yet. 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, atina said:

Whaaaat!! what are the chances!! We need to keep in touch! 

So should we assume all of our biometrics will be rescheduled? I haven't received any official notice yet. 

Yeeees!! I dont know if theres a way to PM people here but if you would like, youre more than welcome to do so 😊😊😊

Yes so from what I read on the USCIS website, everything is closed at least until April 1. All appointments are being rescheduled and even Infopass appts are being canceled. They're only seeing people if there's an urgent thing going on (not sure what the criteria might be)

6 hours ago, H-I said:

Based on that article I think you need to call uscis costumer service and find out, very unfortunate but what else can you do

1 hour ago, atina said:

Should we be expecting anything official in the mail from USCIS? Kinda relieved about not having to go, although I guess this will prolong all of our cases.

Supposedly  uscis will send letters rescheduling the appointments

Omg I just got from my mailbox my appointment letter for biometric. What can I do ? Call USCIS o wait that they can to open the door ... 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Jayfay said:

Omg I just got from my mailbox my appointment letter for biometric. What can I do ? Call USCIS o wait that they can to open the door ... 

You wait for another letter rescheduling your appointment. They're closed and biometric appointments are currently suspended. 

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Natreezy said:

-What do I need if I were to switch jobs? Can I get a new job while my green card is pending? I have a I-797, would I just show that to the employer?

The I-797 should serve as the 18 month extension of your legal status from the date your conditional Green card expires. Any employer, by law, has to accept your expired conditional green card and extension letter as your proof.

18 minutes ago, Natreezy said:

-We are also buying a house, do I just send the I-797 to the underwriter?

What is the underwriter requesting? They typically will request specific documents. Assuming you're buying this house with your US spouse, correct?

Edited by Chicken7585
Removal of Conditions Timeline

03/31/20    - Sent ROC package to Dallas, TX by USPS. 

04/02/20    - Delivered to Dallas, TX by USPS.  

04/08/20    - Received text message from USCIS stating original receipt to follow in mail and a receipt number starting with SRC

04/09/20    - Check for $680 cashed for USCIS Dallas

04/13/20    - Received I-797 NOA for I751 ROC which extends expired Green Card by 18 months

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 4/21/2020 at 10:20 AM, Natreezy said:

I know everything is paused with COVID, but have a few questions.

-What do I need if I were to switch jobs? Can I get a new job while my green card is pending? I have a I-797, would I just show that to the employer?

-We are also buying a house, do I just send the I-797 to the underwriter?

Just give the underwriter the documents they request. I suggest you speak to the underwriter via a call and check on how switching jobs may affect. They tend to like 3+ years with same employer. Again, check what documents they request. I dont recall them asking for immigration status documents, as long as you have your taxes/ SS number. Dont bring it up either unless they request it. Give them just what they need. You offer more info, they may request it and question more and may need even more documents and you open yourself up to possibly bwing denied or rates being on the higher end. 

Hi everyone! I'm about to mail my I-751 (joint petition). Is it necessary to write "Attention: I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions of Status" on the envelope or not??? If yes, should I write it below the address?? I'm sending the package with USPS Priority mail. Thanks!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 hours ago, LM&SM said:

Hi everyone! I'm about to mail my I-751 (joint petition). Is it necessary to write "Attention: I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions of Status" on the envelope or not??? If yes, should I write it below the address?? I'm sending the package with USPS Priority mail. Thanks!!

Idk if it's necessary but I wrote it. I used a different color open and I wrote it on the side, not below the address.

AOS JOURNEY

AOS package sent: 01/22/18 

NOA1 dated: 01/26/18

NOA1 text/emails: 01/29/18

NOA1 Hardcopies: 02/02/18

Biometrics: 02/23/18

Interview scheduled for: 05/08/18

Green Card Approved & Card in Production: 05/08/18

Card was Mailed to me: 05/11/18

Card Received: 05/15/18                                                        

ROC JOURNEY

ROC package sent: 02/08/20

ROC received in AZ: 02/10/20

Check cashed + Text message with case #: 02/14/20

NOA1 dated: 02/13/20

Biometrics: 05/07/20 (text + email stating bio was taken)

"Card in Production": 07/07/20

"Case was approved": 07/08/20

Approval notice received: 07/11/20

"Card was mailed to me": 07/28/20

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.