72 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Zach2015 said:

@DoriOli here is the Fort Myers topic. 

Another Fort Myerser?  What stage are you at @DoriOli?

Met Online  (Plenty of fish)- 07/29/2014

Met in person (America) - 08/30/15 - 09/11/15                                 Met in person (America) - 02/15/16 - 02/23/16

Met in person (America) - 05/08/16 - 05/21/16                                 Met in person (Scotland) - 09/26/16 - 10/10/16

Met in person (America)  - 03/22/17 - 03/29/17                                Met in Person (America) - 10/27/17 - 01/13/18

Met in Person (Scotland) - 06/06/18 - 07/19/18

Engaged - 06/18/18 - During a trip to Scotland

I-129F Filed - 07/26/18                                                                          NOA1 - 08/01/18

NOA2 - 01/03/19 (155 days after NOA1)                                           NVC Case number assigned - 01/17/19

NVC case sent to embassy - 02/05/19                                              Embassy received - 02/08/19

Packet 3 received - 02/14/19                                                               Medical - 03/21/19

Interview at London Embassy - 04/11/19                                          Visa issued - 04/15/19

Visa and passport received -  04/17/19                                             Entered the U.S (Indianapolis Airport) - 05/19/19

Married - 07/12/2019                                                                            AOS/EAD/AP Filed - 10/02/2019

NOA1 Dates - 10/10/2019                                                                   Biometrics taken - 11/01/2019

Interview Ready to be Scheduled - 12/02/2019                               EAD/AP Approved -  01/24/2020

Just now, Sandford010 said:

Another Fort Myerser?  What stage are you at @DoriOli?

Yes, from the post application was submitted in January and bio in February 

Mailed parents application Jan 7th. Got Notices Jan 21st PD Jan 10th.

Bio for Parents Feb 6th.

Had biometrics done this morning, all i can is that they really are a very friendly and efficient office, in and out in less than 20 minutes, now the long wait for interview !

Timeline
8 minutes ago, skjourney said:

Had biometrics done this morning, all i can is that they really are a very friendly and efficient office, in and out in less than 20 minutes, now the long wait for interview !

That’s great one more step in the right direction.  When i got it done it was incredibly quiet and I was surprised how fast it was.  I don’t think though that is where you go for your interview as that is the Application support center and not the field office, although I’m sure they’re just as friendly.

Met in person (America) - 08/30/15 - 09/11/15                                 Met in person (America) - 02/15/16 - 02/23/16

Met in person (America) - 05/08/16 - 05/21/16                                 Met in person (Scotland) - 09/26/16 - 10/10/16

Met in person (America)  - 03/22/17 - 03/29/17                                Met in Person (America) - 10/27/17 - 01/13/18

I-129F Filed - 07/26/18                                                                          NOA1 - 08/01/18

NOA2 - 01/03/19 (155 days after NOA1)                                           NVC Case number assigned - 01/17/19

NVC case sent to embassy - 02/05/19                                              Embassy received - 02/08/19

Packet 3 received - 02/14/19                                                               Medical - 03/21/19

Interview at London Embassy - 04/11/19                                          Visa issued - 04/15/19

Visa and passport received -  04/17/19                                             Entered the U.S (Indianapolis Airport) - 05/19/19

Married - 07/12/2019                                                                            AOS/EAD/AP Filed - 10/02/2019

NOA1 Dates - 10/10/2019                                                                   Biometrics taken - 11/01/2019

Interview Ready to be Scheduled - 12/02/2019                               EAD/AP Approved -  01/24/2020

yeah it was the application support center, the field office is just down the street though, looking at some google reviews it seems like it will be just as friendly !

2 hours ago, Sandford010 said:

That’s great one more step in the right direction.  When i got it done it was incredibly quiet and I was surprised how fast it was.  I don’t think though that is where you go for your interview as that is the Application support center and not the field office, although I’m sure they’re just as friendly.

2 hours ago, skjourney said:

yeah it was the application support center, the field office is just down the street though, looking at some google reviews it seems like it will be just as friendly !

The address on my interview letter is 4220 Executive Circle, Suite 1.

1 minute ago, Zach2015 said:

The address on my interview letter is 4220 Executive Circle, Suite 1.

yeah I think they do all the interviews there, and use the application support center for biometrics

Out of interest has anyone tried to apply for a drivers license while in AOS ? The Florida dmv website leads you to believe its not possible, however under the Florida statutes it seems we are eligible to recieve one, at least a 12 month one. Im probably going to head down to the dmv soon based on what ive read !

322.08 Application for license; requirements for license and identification card forms. 

8. Proof of nonimmigrant classification provided by the United States Department of Homeland Security, for an original driver license. In order to prove nonimmigrant classification, an applicant must provide at least one of the following documents. In addition, the department may require applicants to produce United States Department of Homeland Security documents for the sole purpose of establishing the maintenance of, or efforts to maintain, continuous lawful presence:

c. A notice of the approval of an application for adjustment of status issued by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services

A driver license or temporary permit issued based on documents required in subparagraph 7. or subparagraph 8. is valid for a period not to exceed the expiration date of the document presented or 1 year.

full document here

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0300-0399/0322/Sections/0322.08.html

Also I just checked the Lee County DMV

Non-Immigrants:
(Anyone who is not a US Citizen or Permanent Resident)
Non-Immigrants are entitled to a one year driver license or ID.
There are many possibilities for acceptable non-immigrant documents depending on each person’s situation and immigration status. Please visit one of our local offices with all immigration documentation for review and acceptance.

https://www.leetc.com/driver-licenses/document-requirements

Timeline
6 hours ago, skjourney said:

Out of interest has anyone tried to apply for a drivers license while in AOS ? The Florida dmv website leads you to believe its not possible, however under the Florida statutes it seems we are eligible to recieve one, at least a 12 month one. Im probably going to head down to the dmv soon based on what ive read !

322.08 Application for license; requirements for license and identification card forms. 

8. Proof of nonimmigrant classification provided by the United States Department of Homeland Security, for an original driver license. In order to prove nonimmigrant classification, an applicant must provide at least one of the following documents. In addition, the department may require applicants to produce United States Department of Homeland Security documents for the sole purpose of establishing the maintenance of, or efforts to maintain, continuous lawful presence:

c. A notice of the approval of an application for adjustment of status issued by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services

A driver license or temporary permit issued based on documents required in subparagraph 7. or subparagraph 8. is valid for a period not to exceed the expiration date of the document presented or 1 year.

full document here

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0300-0399/0322/Sections/0322.08.html

Non-Immigrants:
There are many possibilities for acceptable non-immigrant documents depending on each person’s situation and immigration status. Please visit one of our local offices with all immigration documentation for review and acceptance.

I’m led to believe if you have an EAD you can get a license that will expire when your EAD does or if you’ve still got 60 days left on your K1 visa but again will expire when your k1 does.  

10 hours ago, skjourney said:

full document here

Non-Immigrants:

They told me don’t waste my money until the green card. 

Timeline
On 1/30/2020 at 12:46 AM, skjourney said:

full document here

Non-Immigrants:

I went and got a learners permit at the cape coral dmv on Monday with no problem at all.  Just make sure that you’ve got a piece of mail from two different places as evidence of residence and your EAD. I dont know what you need to do to get a full license might be worth a phone to ask.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.