Honeythunder

K1 Visa Interview Experience

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys, we had our k1 & k2 interview yesterday and it got approved! I just wanna share my experience to others who will have their interview in the future.

5am - We arrived in the embassy. There were at least 100 people outside already. You can rent chairs from vendors there for 30 pesos.

5:40am - The embassy guard asked us (6:35am appointment) to start lining up. Guard asked to see the visa interview appointment confirmation.

6:15am - We were allowed to get in the main entrance and we lined up again. The staff gave us small clear plastic bags and we were asked to place our passports inside with the bio info showing. 

6:30am - The staff looked at my DS-160 and she placed a barcode sticker on it. I was then allowed to go inside. There were 2 security checks (body scanner and X-ray for your belongings). 

6:40am - It was our turn to go to the window with the Filipino consul and he asked for my cenomar, our birth certificates, and NBI. He asked some basic questions like petitioner's name, address, etc.

6:50am - We lined up to the adjacent window for fingerprint collection. It was pretty quick.

6:55am - We were told to sit and wait for our turn for the final interview.

7:20am - Final interview. Nice American male consul. I greeted him good morning and he did the same. He looked at my file (the stuff that USCIS forwarded to them) and started asking me questions:

1. What is the name of your fiance?

2. How did you meet him? When?

3. How many times did he visit you?

4. What does he do for a living? 

5. When did you become a couple?

6. How old was your child when you met him?

Questions for k2:

1. Do you know your mom's fiance?

2. How often do you talk to him?

3. What do you guys talk about?

He complimented her english and then he told her to take a seat while he asked me more questions.

1. Do you have the form I-134?

(I handed it to him along with W-2, 3 months worth of pay stubs, employment certificate, a screenshot of my fiance's profile in the company website, and a copy of his employment contract showing he has tenure)

2. Do you already have wedding plans?

I just told him that we plan on having a courthouse wedding.

Then that's it. He didn't even ask for our pictures or any relationship evidence (maybe because my fiance provided dozens of pictures and other proof already and it's in the file the consul was looking at). He told me that he will recommend it for approval, then he handed me a white paper with contact details for visa delivery. He told me to wait 2-3 weeks for visa delivery. I thanked him and then we left. :)

P.S. When I checked the status yesterday it said Administrative processing for both of us. Today it says issued on mine and still administrative processing for k2. 

Edited by Mark & Joy

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Every embassy process is different ...   not very useful not knowing for what country .    

There is a section in the TIMELINE for writing a review of your interview at the embassy.  ;)  

:time:      https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=335315

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Every embassy process is different ...   not very useful not knowing for what country .    

There is a section in the TIMELINE for writing a review of your interview at the embassy.  ;)  

Considering they wrote pesos, it could be Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Mexico, the Philippines, OR Uruguay. 
Also they should fill in profile info.

Edited by NotPennysBoat

Timeline
1 minute ago, NotPennysBoat said:

Considering they wrote pesos, it could be Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Mexico, the Philippines, OR Uruguay. 
Also should fill in profile info.

And like said EACH embassy process is different .. whether they use pesos or not.  ;)  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
Just now, Hank_ said:

And like said EACH embassy process is different .. whether they use pesos or not.  ;)  

Thought you said country! Sorry lol 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Sorry I tried to edit my post to add the embassy but couldn't anymore. It's in Manila, Philippines. I thought some fellow Filipinas will find my post useful. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Honeythunder said:

Sorry I tried to edit my post to add the embassy but couldn't anymore. It's in Manila, Philippines. I thought some fellow Filipinas will find my post useful. 

You want to post it for other Filipinos .. maybe post it in the Philippine forum.    https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
Just now, Siggy said:

@Honeythunder  YOU PRODUCED I 134 (AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT) ORIGINAL? OR COPIES?

TIA

Just copies. Even the pay stubs and other stuff are copies as well

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.