The4Sands

DCF in London - January 2020

1,205 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Stuwoolf said:

I understand there is a Travelodge close to the Embassy. SW8 1SJ London Vauxhall. No idea what it or the surrounds are like?

I stayed there the night before the interview, paid 60 quid or so. It was clean and kinda quiet and super close to the tube, it is only ten minutes walk to the embassy from there. 

14 hours ago, Stuwoolf said:

Although we have now decided (reluctantly) on a Joint Sponsor, I am still searching for a definitive answer to my query. I approached a UK Immigration Lawyer. They propose an hours consultation at £750 + vat to answer my query. How do they get away with this????

By all means levy a charge but at least be reasonable.

You are able to use assets to supplement any shortfall and it is calculated x3. Just make sure you can prove the source of funds and bank statements confirming the location. Apparently they must be in the account for 12 months but I’m showing them what I have and seeing what happens. Worse case, they ask for a joint sponsor. 

14 hours ago, Stuwoolf said:

Yes. I had my medical on Monday and I too had to get a shot😔. Had the choice to get it done at my GP or at the medical. For the sake of £40 thought it was best to get it done there and then.

Hired a car. Drove down on Sunday, 7 hours, Medical at 10.10 Monday. Drove home at around 12.30PM, 7 hours again. Stayed at the Mandeville Hotel (lovely) which was 2 minutes walk (around the corner, literally) from VisaMedical in Bentinck Mansions. NCP car park, Portman Square, was 10-15 minutes walk from hotel. Prebooked 6PM to 2.30PM - £13, which for London I thought was a bargain.

Now need to try and get an interview slot, hopefully the tailend of October, after 21st or early November🤞

Good luck everyone🙂

Thanks so much for sharing this hotel info. This was one of the things that was setting off my anxiety, not knowing about any convenient hotels. I’ll definitely use this one if it’s close by. 

we usually book in the Holiday Inn Express Nine Elms when we need to go to the embassy as again, it’s literally a few minutes walk away. 

Husband's visa was approved!!!  I will get him to write a review of the experience, but his appointment was at 10:00am and he was approved by 10:35am!!  He did tell me they let him in early and that it was very quiet.

I only have one concern: they didn't give him a packet to hand over at POE.  Is that normal these days?  Should I be worried? 😖

16 hours ago, Stuwoolf said:

Yes. I had my medical on Monday and I too had to get a shot😔. Had the choice to get it done at my GP or at the medical. For the sake of £40 thought it was best to get it done there and then.

Hired a car. Drove down on Sunday, 7 hours, Medical at 10.10 Monday. Drove home at around 12.30PM, 7 hours again. Stayed at the Mandeville Hotel (lovely) which was 2 minutes walk (around the corner, literally) from VisaMedical in Bentinck Mansions. NCP car park, Portman Square, was 10-15 minutes walk from hotel. Prebooked 6PM to 2.30PM - £13, which for London I thought was a bargain.

Now need to try and get an interview slot, hopefully the tailend of October, after 21st or early November🤞

Good luck everyone🙂

Appointments at the end of October are now available on the site!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, The4Sands said:

Husband's visa was approved!!!  I will get him to write a review of the experience, but his appointment was at 10:00am and he was approved by 10:35am!!  He did tell me they let him in early and that it was very quiet.

I only have one concern: they didn't give him a packet to hand over at POE.  Is that normal these days?  Should I be worried? 😖

They aren’t through with your documents yet. There are still security checks, issuing the visa, etc. If you have paper files as a DCF, then your sealed white envelope for POE comes back with your passport inside a mailing wrapper. You can discard the wrapper, but leave the white envelope sealed.

5 hours ago, The4Sands said:

They are processing some of them digitally now.

Check on the visa on his passport to see if it is says "IV DOCS in CCD.

These are screenshots from within the Visa Appointment service website. 

2081756354_ScreenShot2020-10-01at4_11_58PM.png.23c6ea645f275a9bd93490591a610b87.png285531166_ScreenShot2020-10-01at4_12_08PM.png.1030e3199615ba083c64dc0b5d541868.png

On 10/1/2020 at 1:11 AM, FA081 said:

You are able to use assets to supplement any shortfall and it is calculated x3. Just make sure you can prove the source of funds and bank statements confirming the location. Apparently they must be in the account for 12 months but I’m showing them what I have and seeing what happens. Worse case, they ask for a joint sponsor. 

Do you have an interview date scheduled?

17 minutes ago, FA081 said:

Yep. My husband’s is next week! 

open question for anyone who has had their interview, did you take a copy of your i130 submitted pack or not? I’m not sure whether he should take it or not. 

Good luck.

Will be interesting to learn how you get on, particularly with the banked assets.

Very best of luck🙂

Edited by Stuwoolf

1 hour ago, FA081 said:

open question for anyone who has had their interview, did you take a copy of your i130 submitted pack or not? I’m not sure whether he should take it or not

No I didn’t. Wasn’t stated it was needed and they never asked for it. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, FA081 said:

Yep. My husband’s is next week! 

open question for anyone who has had their interview, did you take a copy of your i130 submitted pack or not? I’m not sure whether he should take it or not. 

The original petition is already in your file. 

FINALLY!!!! I GOT MY LND NUMBER!!!

we tried contacting the DOS (no help really. Just told us to keep contacting the embassy)

I sent ANOTHER email to the Embassy, only this time changed my subject line to:

”PLEASE HELP!!! STILL WAITING FOR LND SINCE FEBRUARY”

that seemed to do the trick as they replied telling me my case number has been approved!

now the mad rush for medical and interview appointments begins. 

SO relieved though. Finally we have some kind of light on the horizon! 😀

8 minutes ago, nickyducky said:

FINALLY!!!! I GOT MY LND NUMBER!!!

we tried contacting the DOS (no help really. Just told us to keep contacting the embassy)

I sent ANOTHER email to the Embassy, only this time changed my subject line to:

”PLEASE HELP!!! STILL WAITING FOR LND SINCE FEBRUARY”

that seemed to do the trick as they replied telling me my case number has been approved!

now the mad rush for medical and interview appointments begins. 

SO relieved though. Finally we have some kind of light on the horizon! 😀

Delighted for you🙂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.