Nikki06

2020/ 21- US Passport & Card Application-Tracker

2,779 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, Egy said:

USPS office is an acceptance facility.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/how-apply/where-to-apply/af-info.html

What is a Passport Acceptance Facility?

A Passport Acceptance Facility is a public sector office that is designated to accept and execute passport applications on our behalf. Passport Acceptance Facilities verify the information of applicants using Form DS-11, which includes all first-time applicants and all minors. You then send these verified applications to us, and we process the paperwork and issue the passport, if the customer is eligible.

I got naturalized on 16th too and sent my application on 17th through USPS and still my application is not trackable yet [Not Found].

Did they sent you an email for status?

Yes .I got an email notification around 10 PM CST yesterday

2 hours ago, Egy said:

Still the same status Application Status: Not Found!

I applied 12/03 in NYC and nothing is showing up for me online yet.

I contacted the post office where I applied earlier this week to see if there was a hold up on their end with sending the application out and was told that the mail system is overloaded in major metro areas area due to holiday shipping which is causing delays with mail being processed.  

She located the tracking number of the package containing my application for my reference. I don't know if its a coincidence or not, but I spoke with her yesterday and this morning my application was delivered!223359910_ScreenShot2020-12-30at1_38_43PM.thumb.png.4c0761a5196e09e25f330e73c69f8af8.png

30 minutes ago, sociologist said:

I contacted the post office where I applied earlier this week to see if there was a hold up on their end with sending the application out and was told that the mail system is overloaded in major metro areas area due to holiday shipping which is causing delays with mail being processed.  

She located the tracking number of the package containing my application for my reference. I don't know if its a coincidence or not, but I spoke with her yesterday and this morning my application was delivered!223359910_ScreenShot2020-12-30at1_38_43PM.thumb.png.4c0761a5196e09e25f330e73c69f8af8.png

Did you apply for regular or expedite ?

1 hour ago, sociologist said:

Wow it took almost a month for shipping from NY to PA!

Edited by Egy

52 minutes ago, sociologist said:

Regular. But correct me if I'm wrong, isn't the expedite process once they receive the application, nothing to do with the actual mailing of the application for processing? 

It’s included from Dec 3rd when USPS accepted your application.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Here is my brief timeline for passport application:

11/09 applied at local passport application service. Expedited service

11/11 application received

12/12 application approved

12/18 received my passport card and book

12/26 received my certificate back. It was delivered to my neighbor who brought it to me, phew! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Here's my timeline for reference

Applied for passport in a USPS facility                                         - 11/16/2020 (Regular processing when applied)

Received notification from dept. of state                                     - 11/23/2020 (Called and requested expedited service)

Received notification that passport is approved and shipped  - 12/18/2020

Received passport in mailbox                                                        -  12/ 23/2020 (shipped from Tucson, AZ)

Received passport card in mailbox                                               -  12/26/2020  (Shipped from Tucson, AZ)

Received Naturalization certificate in mailbox                            -  12/30/2020 (Shipped from Sterling, VA)

On 12/28/2020 at 3:35 PM, TeamMcGregor said:

Passport received 12/30/2020!

Hopefully at some point the SSA will reopen and I'll be 100% done. But this is enough for now. 

Timeline
22 hours ago, sociologist said:

There os a major issue in the Jersey City USPS center.

Ive had 2 packages lately get stuck there for weeks.

5 hours ago, Egy said:

Finally I received a processing email from Department of State and here’s my timeline so far

Expedited Service:
Applied (USPS): 12/17/2020

Received and Reviewing: 1/1/2021

thats great news - hopefully I will hear something soon too :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.