Zack daader

IR2 221g administrative processing After interview

28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Somalia
Timeline

Hi there all (

i did my interview on 9 January 2020, it went well the Interviewer asked me question ( around 5-6 question ) it looked smooth. but at the end she gave me my passport and 221g white form and told me im on administrative processing  and i need to answer the question and send it on email ( the questions was , the travel history for 15 years, addresses for the past 15 years , name a birth date and birth places of my siblings etc ) i sent it on 10 January 2020. i dont know what to expect. Even tho i did the dna test and everything ( the petitioner  is my dad ) 

my questions is how long will it take to process and is it common for Ir2 child to go through this ................... for your information i am 20 years and from somalia .............yes : (  

Sounds like you did a DS-5355.   Administrative processing can take days to years.  With the DS-5355 expect at least a few months to run down your background.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline

one quick question did people go through that process, is it common and if i wait for more then 60 days mean they will denial me  : ( 

7 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

Sounds like you did a DS-5355.   Administrative processing can take days to years.  With the DS-5355 expect at least a few months to run down your background.

one quick question did people go through that process, is it common and if i wait for more then 60 days mean they will denial me  : ( 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, Zack daader said:

•  

The time to process the AP itself is not a reason for denial. The AP will take as long as they need to be satisfied. As stated it could be days to years. There is no way to know and the only thing you can do at this point is to wait and to always stay on top of any communication coming from the embassy/consulate.

3 minutes ago, Zack daader said:

•  

people have been approved after eighteen months of AP.

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

Timeline
1 minute ago, designguy said:

The time to process the AP itself is not a reason for denial. The AP will take as long as they need to be satisfied. As stated it could be days to years. There is no way to know and the only thing you can do at this point is to wait and to always stay on top of any communication coming from the embassy/consulate.

i will just wait see 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Paul & Mary said:

people have been approved after eighteen months of AP.

18 months wow, thats like the same time frame before we even started the ir 2 immigration visa process ( ok i guess i will just wait and see ) . 

do i need to get a lawyer or something 

1 minute ago, Zack daader said:

do i need to get a lawyer or something 

Nothing they can do.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Zack daader said:

Hi there all (

i did my interview on 9 January 2020, it went well the Interviewer asked me question ( around 5-6 question ) it looked smooth. but at the end she gave me my passport and 221g white form and told me im on administrative processing  and i need to answer the question and send it on email ( the questions was , the travel history for 15 years, addresses for the past 15 years , name a birth date and birth places of my siblings etc ) i sent it on 10 January 2020. i dont know what to expect. Even tho i did the dna test and everything ( the petitioner  is my dad ) 

my questions is how long will it take to process and is it common for Ir2 child to go through this ................... for your information i am 20 years and from somalia .............yes : (  

Do not worry; it is normal. I was issued 221g with similar form. It is call DS-5535 form. It is a deeper background check. You will still receive your Visa, just hold on. I received my Visa and now in the US.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Zack daader said:

thanks alot i was scared that it was not common , plz can you tell me when you got the DS 5535 to send  and when they approved yours  and how long it took 

My interview was August 29, 2019. I was placed on Administrative processing and asked to do DNA. The DNA process took like two months. After the DNA process, I was asked to return with my passport. I return with my passport on October 31, 2019. My passport again was returned to me on the same day with DS-5535 form to be fill in and submitted. I filled in the form and submitted it on November 1, 2019. On November 23, 2019, I received an email that I should set up an appointment and return my passport to the embassy. At the time I had travelled to a neighboring country for short stay. Due to my absence in the country, my appointment was set up for December 10, 2019. On December 10, 2019, the embassy took my passport. December 19 2019, I received my Visa.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, BJ101 said:

My interview was August 29, 2019. I was placed on Administrative processing and asked to do DNA. The DNA process took like two months. After the DNA process, I was asked to return with my passport. I return with my passport on October 31, 2019. My passport again was returned to me on the same day with DS-5535 form to be fill in and submitted. I filled in the form and submitted it on November 1, 2019. On November 23, 2019, I received an email that I should set up an appointment and return my passport to the embassy. At the time I had travelled to a neighboring country for short stay. Due to my absence in the country, my appointment was set up for December 10, 2019. On December 10, 2019, the embassy took my passport. December 19 2019, I received my Visa.

broooooooooooooo OMG i wish it turns out like that for me, all i see people waiting for 19 months and some 2.5 years....................... Thanks man you just healed my soul 

52 minutes ago, Zack daader said:

broooooooooooooo OMG i wish it turns out like that for me, all i see people waiting for 19 months and some 2.5 years....................... Thanks man you just healed my soul 

prayers my friend  everything  will work out soon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

there is an entire tread about the ds5535 here just hit the search area above right

and many have been approved (one woman from morocco took 11 months)

if there is a real security issue ,  it can be denied

what you need to know is that if the security checks go past 6 months from your medical exam ,  the embassy will notify you to take a new one (good message as this would mean they intend to approve) and they don't ask for new criminal report as the work for the ds5535 has told them what they need to know

Timeline
14 hours ago, Zack daader said:

It is in rare cases that it can take that long. Once your passport with them, you may hear from them sooner.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.