666 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Adam D said:

What service Center are you? I’m on a very similar timeline, also arrived on a K1 in January 2017. I have had my fingerprints taken (or rather I have had the update to say that fingerprints were taken). That was on May 13. My service Center is YSC  It seems SRC is moving fastest with people now saying their cards are being processed. 

My wife and I are in Hawaii so our servicing center is WSC, i.e. California. No such luck on our fingerprints.

Best I can tell from this forum, WSC cases are the slowest by far. The processing time is around 27 months so it could be  7/2022 I suppose before we hear anything. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody, does anyone have any updates? I have a MSC case March 2020 filler, I received a letter for my biometrics appointment but the appointment was when the office was closed due the COVID, after that I didn’t received anything no updates no letter or something, and the status of my case is the same just case received 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, Ojedai said:

Hi everybody, does anyone have any updates? I have a MSC case March 2020 filler, I received a letter for my biometrics appointment but the appointment was when the office was closed due the COVID, after that I didn’t received anything no updates no letter or something, and the status of my case is the same just case received 

I have a YSC case. Updated to “fingerprints were taken” on May 13th. Not expecting to hear much more until At least Christmas, looking at overall processing times. Doesn’t stop me checking regularly though 🙂. Hope you get some news soon. 

5 minutes ago, Adam D said:

I have a YSC case. Updated to “fingerprints were taken” on May 13th. Not expecting to hear much more until At least Christmas, looking at overall processing times. Doesn’t stop me checking regularly though 🙂. Hope you get some news soon. 

Well, that’s the only option just staying patient haha 😅 thanks for your answer and the good wishes, and the best for you too 🙂

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline
20 hours ago, Adam D said:

Same day ours was changed to "Fingerprints" and Potomac as well, I am certain we are in for the long haul

Lifting Conditions
Event Date
CIS Office : YSC
Date Filed : 2020-03-04
NOA Date : 2020-03-10
RFE(s) :  
Bio. Appt. : 2020-05-13 Case updated without Bio Appointment
Interview Date :  
Approval / Denial Date :  
Approved :  
Got I551 Stamp :  
Green Card Received :  

Timeline
Just now, Troy P said:

Same day ours was changed to "Fingerprints" and Potomac as well, I am certain we are in for the long haul

I am sure you’re right! I got excited when I saw those SRC cases going through but....ah well! Good luck, and keep me updated! 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Adam D said:

I am sure you’re right! I got excited when I saw those SRC cases going through but....ah well! Good luck, and keep me updated! 

Its not as much the stress of waiting, or even approval at this point, but the interview and the process. Potomac never shows up in any of the metrics, kind of the odd man out.

Lifting Conditions
Event Date
RFE(s) :  
Interview Date :  
Approval / Denial Date :  
Approved :  
Got I551 Stamp :  
Green Card Received :  

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Troy P said:

Its not as much the stress of waiting, or even approval at this point, but the interview and the process. Potomac never shows up in any of the metrics, kind of the odd man out.

Huh. Lucky us! I was hoping it would all be moving to the new facility in Branch Avenue but I suppose that’s all been out on hold. I believe the building is basically ready. They were all moving there in April. But it never happened and now who knows when it will. But that’s down the road from me, and we can only hope it improves the area’s overall performance. 

29 minutes ago, Troy P said:

Potomac never shows up in any of the metrics, kind of the odd man out.

hey, I had requested the VJ admin to add Potomac and all the other service centers into the Lifting conditions timeline entry form and they did so a few weeks or so ago. so hopefully we would be able to see some kind of stats going forward.

Edited by doggieandsam

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone!

Mailing out my package tomorrow and also used the outdated form. I will be attaching the information under the edition date to my cover letter as well. So crazy!

Question:

Should i enclose 2 personal checks for each amount (595 and 85)  OR just one check for the total 680?  Thanks so much in advance. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline
12 hours ago, DFG said:

Hi everyone!

Mailing out my package tomorrow and also used the outdated form. I will be attaching the information under the edition date to my cover letter as well. So crazy!

Question:

Should i enclose 2 personal checks for each amount (595 and 85)  OR just one check for the total 680?  Thanks so much in advance. 

Why are you using an outdated form? The most recent form should be on USCIS website and I advice you use the current edition. 

A single check for $680 will do fine.

Also I think you should join the July 2020 flier group if you are just sending out your package. It will help you see people with similar timeline.

Edited by sweetadams
Additional Info

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, sweetadams said:

Why are you using an outdated form? The most recent form should be on USCIS website and I advice you use the current edition. 

A single check for $680 will do fine.

I am using the latest form from the uscis website which says it expires on dec 31, 2019. However, the notes re the edition date confirm that it can still be used so I’m sending a screenshot of that together with my package.

thanks so much for your reply :) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline
Just now, DFG said:

I am using the latest form from the uscis website which says it expires on dec 31, 2019. However, the notes re the edition date confirm that it can still be used so I’m sending a screenshot of that together with my package.

thanks so much for your reply :)

lol..... please no need sending  them screenshot, I bet they already have too many documents to deal with lol......

Also consider joining July 2020 or August 2020 flier group....i see they already have August 2020 up and running.....

Timeline
On 7/29/2020 at 6:44 PM, Adam D said:

Huh. Lucky us! I was hoping it would all be moving to the new facility in Branch Avenue but I suppose that’s all been out on hold. I believe the building is basically ready. They were all moving there in April. But it never happened and now who knows when it will. But that’s down the road from me, and we can only hope it improves the area’s overall performance. 

Hey Adam

Did you go to your timeline and update Potomac? It appears in the dropdown now whereas before it didn't

On 7/29/2020 at 7:03 PM, doggieandsam said:

hey, I had requested the VJ admin to add Potomac and all the other service centers into the Lifting conditions timeline entry form and they did so a few weeks or so ago. so hopefully we would be able to see some kind of stats going forward.

Thank you...I updated my timeline since Potomac is now in the dropdown

Lifting Conditions
Event Date
RFE(s) :  
Interview Date :  
Approval / Denial Date :  
Approved :  
Got I551 Stamp :  
Green Card Received :  

Timeline
5 hours ago, Troy P said:

Hey Adam

Did you go to your timeline and update Potomac? It appears in the dropdown now whereas before it didn't

Thank you...I updated my timeline since Potomac is now in the dropdown

I hadn’t. I will do that now. Thanks for the heads up! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.