SmallTownPA

Where can fiance start getting needed vaccinations?

28 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 minutes ago, SmallTownPA said:

From a little research it looks like a CS office can do a simple 'transcription' for I693 for as little as $30.

Count your blessings if you can find one.  Some CSs don't want to be bothered with any short of the full medical 

YMMV

Timeline

Dual intent not withstanding,  a k-1 is and always has been a NONIMMIGRANT visa.  

If you follow the link you provided and follow further the link for the medical you need to notice that those pages are specifically for IMMIGRANT.  

While it is often advisable to obtain vaccinations abroad,  a k-1 has the ability to voluntarily opt out.

YMMV

City: Nittany Lion Country Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
5 minutes ago, H&T said:

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/vn/vn-iv-kvisa.asp

That the link for K1/K2 visa. K1/K2 is dual intent visa, so VACCINATIONS  IS REQUIRED. The record for these vaccinations will need for AOS later. We are here as members already going through this process, and give you advise on what we know.

A K1 is a non-immigrant visa.  Period.  I can show you the law if you like.  Nah.. you can google it just as easily as I can.

Show me the list of K1 required vaccinations please.  I've read the CS guide on the exam.  You can refuse all vaccinations and all they can do is list your refusal.  You can even search VJ and see that people have done it all threw ways, get vaccinated before the exam, after the exam, and refuse and get them done in the US because (wait for it) there are no REQUIRED vaccinations for a K1 visa.

Timeline
1 hour ago, payxibka said:

Count your blessings if you can find one.  Some CSs don't want to be bothered with any short of the full medical 

The current list on of CS's that will transcribe the I-693 on VJ clearly show that to be false.  It can easily be found.

Will some refuse?  Of course, but more will do the transcription (as by law, you don't need a new physical if your fist exam is less that one year old).

I had no problem locating at least 4 offices within a drive of my home that were on that list that said they would transcribe for $30-$60.

Edited by SmallTownPA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Good luck with your decision.  Also, please attend the interview with your fiance. Please do a search on VN section why people attend the interview with their spouse/fiance. Also, attend the interview is not required. I don't think you will save a few hundred $$$, and lower the opportunity for your fiance get the visa, don't you?

Timeline
22 minutes ago, H&T said:

Good luck with your decision.  Also, please attend the interview with your fiance. Please do a search on VN section why people attend the interview with their spouse/fiance. Also, attend the interview is not required. I don't think you will save a few hundred $$$, and lower the opportunity for your fiance get the visa, don't you?

I was always planning to attend the interview.

One thing about VJ is the people here are just not looking for an answer, and will merrily lemming along.

This is my third time to the rodeo (marriage, withdrawal,  marriage) so I think I'm better off with my way than people just regurgitating something they have never even read about.  

Feel free to forward 'a few $$$' at your leisure if its not that big a deal.  And no, I am not lowering my chance of anything, you know, because the law.

I'm still waiting for this mythical 'list of high visa fraud countries' everyone swears by.

Edited by SmallTownPA

40 minutes ago, SmallTownPA said:

I was always planning to attend the interview.

One thing about VJ is the people here are just not looking for an answer, and will merrily lemming along.

This is my third time to the rodeo (marriage, withdrawal,  marriage) so I think I'm better off with my way than people just regurgitating something they have never even read about.  

Feel free to forward 'a few $$$' at your leisure if its not that big a deal.  And no, I am not lowering my chance of anything, you know, because the law.

I'm still waiting for this mythical 'list of high visa fraud countries' everyone swears by.

It is more of a list of high refusal rates for non immigrant visas.

Here is one out there not a VJ list:  https://mypathtocitizenship.com/which-countries-are-on-the-uscis-high-fraud-list/

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline
17 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

It is more of a list of high refusal rates for non immigrant visas.

Here is one out there not a VJ list:  https://mypathtocitizenship.com/which-countries-are-on-the-uscis-high-fraud-list/

Yeah, no.  That is not an official anything.  It's a list someone made up.

Show me and ACTUAL USCIS/NVC/DoS report please.  I mean I can make up a list and post it online, right?

If you look back through my old posts in the general forum I found mention of fraud countries, but nothing like a list.  

Show me an OMB or USCIS report, from someone/someplace that actually CAN provide a list. 

Timeline

Here's 2018's report on 2017s numbers:

https://www.gao.gov/assets/700/693763.pdf

K1/K2 adjudacated by USCIS: 

Adjudications:  40,533

Issued:              40,204           

Refused:         318

Rate 0.8%

So please explain 'high fraud countries' with those reported numbers.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, SmallTownPA said:

Here's 2018's report on 2017s numbers:

https://www.gao.gov/assets/700/693763.pdf

K1/K2 adjudacated by USCIS: 

Adjudications:  40,533

Issued:              40,204           

Refused:         318

Rate 0.8%

So please explain 'high fraud countries' with those reported numbers.

For someone on there third rodeo you should already know that the uscis had nothing to do with k1 or visas or high fraud consulates.  Uscis adjudicates petitions which are overwhelmingly approved 

YMMV

Timeline
12 hours ago, payxibka said:

For someone on there third rodeo you should already know that the uscis had nothing to do with k1 or visas or high fraud consulates.  Uscis adjudicates petitions which are overwhelmingly approved 

Please read the report:

"The total number of nonimmigrant visa (NIV) applications that Department of State (State) consular officers adjudicated annually peaked at about 13.4 million in fiscal year 2016, and decreased by about 880,000 adjudications in fiscal year 2017."

I used USCIS as that's what most people would associate with K1 visa processing.  So ok, I used the wrong term.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE.  THE NUMBERS ARE STILL 100% ACCURATE as they are DoS numbers, and they DO adjudicate K1 visas.  

Please show me a list of 'high fraud' countries.  with DoS refusing 0.8% of K1 visa's please show me SOME sort of math.

Edited by SmallTownPA

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
11 hours ago, p.dang said:

My fiancée IOM told her when she tried to schedule the appointment to do the vaccine first before the medical exam.

She went to Quarantine Service – Ho Chi Minh City.

See, this is exactly the kind of FRAUD these CS shysters are pulling. 

Vaccinations for K1 is NOT REQUIRED.  The CS is just making profit for the the hospital.

All of the required immunizations ARE FREE under the ACA.  You can go to any state run health clinic and get them for free.  Yes, there is a small fee to transcribe to the I-693 form, but I would rather pay a US doctor than the fraudsters in Vietnam.

Edited by SmallTownPA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.