Sarge21555

New York AOS 2019

84 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, UAreWhatuBecame said:

Welcome.  I filed 1 month after you so I hope to see your case move quickly 🙂

Thank-you! The wait times for NY are daunting aren't they. But at least we're not in it alone!

We have received the documents requested in the RFE (after interview) now to sit and wait until April 3rd when we can drop them off in person! 

FYI - filed AOS in March 2019, bio-metrics in April 2019 and interview was February 26th 

21 minutes ago, Nicola and Jordan said:

We have received the documents requested in the RFE (after interview) now to sit and wait until April 3rd when we can drop them off in person! 

FYI - filed AOS in March 2019, bio-metrics in April 2019 and interview was February 26th 

Thanks for sharing your info!  Kinda frustrating you have to wait till April but the end is close....

Your story does give hope that NYC is more like 12 months rather than the 20 months or so that USCIS processing times seem to indicate.  We filed for my wife in September and would be thrilled to get it done before 2021 rolls around.  Let's see!

24 minutes ago, nyj215 said:

Thanks for sharing your info!  Kinda frustrating you have to wait till April but the end is close....

Your story does give hope that NYC is more like 12 months rather than the 20 months or so that USCIS processing times seem to indicate.  We filed for my wife in September and would be thrilled to get it done before 2021 rolls around.  Let's see!

So close! I just hope they don't want anything else from us! 

Yes don'y worry the timelines seem daunting but actually it's not as bad as it seems. Yes other states go faster but we have a lot more immigrants here! The waiting room was so busy we waited for 2.5 hours I think it was before we went in. It's nice to see other brits here! Whereabouts are you, not full address or anything haha 

1 hour ago, Nicola and Jordan said:

So close! I just hope they don't want anything else from us! 

Yes don'y worry the timelines seem daunting but actually it's not as bad as it seems. Yes other states go faster but we have a lot more immigrants here! The waiting room was so busy we waited for 2.5 hours I think it was before we went in. It's nice to see other brits here! Whereabouts are you, not full address or anything haha 

Thanks - you will have that GC in a month!  Yes, this my 4th major USCIS interaction... first my Green Card back in 2007, then the renewal, then my citizenship... and now this!  We are downtown NYC.  To be honest the EAD/AP is just about as good as the GC for us so now we finally have those approved, we can relax!

1 hour ago, Nicola and Jordan said:

It's nice to see other brits here! Whereabouts are you, not full address or anything haha 

I don't know why but I still get really excited when I meet british people here. Makes me less homesick! We live in Westchester, I'm not sure where that is in relation to the City lol. Where abouts are you from in the UK. Im from Cheshire :) 

20 minutes ago, nyj215 said:

To be honest the EAD/AP is just about as good as the GC for us so now we finally have those approved, we can relax!

I agree, once we have the EAD/AP i'll relax a bit more too! Hope you guys get everything sorted soon too. 

19 hours ago, BandBjourney said:

I don't know why but I still get really excited when I meet british people here. Makes me less homesick! We live in Westchester, I'm not sure where that is in relation to the City lol. Where abouts are you from in the UK. Im from Cheshire :) 

Same here haha. I met a girl from England on this site a couple of years ago and we were both going through the K1 at the same time and in NY. Now I’m sat on her couch having a chilled weekend , we have become really good friends funny how things work out lol. I’m from Buckinghamshire 😁

2 minutes ago, J&E- said:

Hi everyone! 

Glad to find this group, we're on the same boat, same city :)

Date Filed: 2019-11-22

Bio: 2019-11-27

Ready to be scheduled for an interview: 2020-01-31

EAD/AP : Combo card received 2020-03-06

Hi! :) 

That’s awesome! I think you filed a few days before me so this makes me hopeful I’ll receive my combo card soon!

Hi guys! 

I received a letter today saying that they have got my application for travel document.

I had my biometrics done in December and the work permit/GC applications updated to show fingerprints taken a few days later. The travel document was only updated to show this 3 days ago and now I received the letter. Any ideas what this means? Did anyone else receive this letter before getting their EAD card?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
5 minutes ago, BandBjourney said:

Hi guys! 

I received a letter today saying that they have got my application for travel document.

I had my biometrics done in December and the work permit/GC applications updated to show fingerprints taken a few days later. The travel document was only updated to show this 3 days ago and now I received the letter. Any ideas what this means? Did anyone else receive this letter before getting their EAD card?

We have the same timeline and we also have a letter coming in the mail today or tomorrow. I was hoping it was the combo card but now I'm afraid it may be this same letter. Glad I know to manage my expectations now. 

K1                                                                                 AOS

10/11/2018: I-129F mailed                                     11/5/19: Package mailed

10/15/2018: I-129F delivered                                 11/7/19: Package delivered

10/19/2018: Text confirmation                              11/14/19: NOA1   

10/18/2018:  NOA1 date on hardcopy                  12/9/19: Biometrics  

10/25/2018:  NOA1 hardcopy in mail                     01/13/20: RFIE received

03/22/19:  NOA2 date on hardcopy                        01/17/20: RFIE response received by USCIS

05/30/19:  Received Packet                                     01/31/20: Case Is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

07/16/19:  Interview (approved)

07/18/19:  Visa in hand  :joy:

08/26/19:  Arrives in US  :luv:

09/26/19: Married 🤵🏾👰🏾

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
9 minutes ago, BandBjourney said:

Hi guys! 

Yup! I received that same letter yesterday I think the USCIS just wanted to give everyone an update because most of us filers had “case was received” for the AP and “fingerprints were applied..” for the work permit when in fact both are just one card. So basically I think they want both updates to synchronize 

Edited by DiazEdgecombe9194

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone! 

I’m just wondering what the situation is with processing EAD’s now that most places are shut due to the virus. Will employees still work on our cases during this time or no? Or has anyone recently received their EAD during all this madness?? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
20 minutes ago, BandBjourney said:

Hi everyone! 

I’m just wondering what the situation is with processing EAD’s now that most places are shut due to the virus. Will employees still work on our cases during this time or no? Or has anyone recently received their EAD during all this madness?? 

No update whatsoever! Day 114 fingerprints still added to the case 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.