kingpups

Passport photo (merged threads)

21 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am the petitioner submitting my I-129f form soon, and currently collecting all documents needed. Wondering how to arrange copies of pages of my passport to show passport stamps of trips my fiance and I have taken to each others home countries since courtship. Wondering if I should include the front page with my photo and then stamps following? or should I just write which stamps belong to which passport, meaning mine and my English fiance?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, kingpups said:

Hi,

I am the petitioner submitting my I-129f form soon, and currently collecting all documents needed. Wondering how to arrange copies of pages of my passport to show passport stamps of trips my fiance and I have taken to each others home countries since courtship. Wondering if I should include the front page with my photo and then stamps following? or should I just write which stamps belong to which passport, meaning mine and my English fiance?

You only need to prove one meeting within the past two years (not an entire courtship).  Pick the one with the best evidence.

YMMV

Hi,

Just wanted to get more opinions on this matter.

I am the US petitioner, filing I-129f form soon. I am 3 arrests on my record. One as a juvenile, and 2 as an adult. All 3 charges were dismissed. I have obtained copies of the juvenile court documents. The entire case is 20 pgs. Which pages do I need to get certified?

The next arrest I was charged with possession of open container as a minor (18, but under 21). I was taken to the jail and let go in the morning. I was never charged with anything. I got the certified arrest record. But there are no court documents. Do I need a statement from the court stating that there is no record of this? or is the arrest record enough?

The last arrest was a traffic violation with a maximum fine of $1000 or more. I got the disposition from the court documents certified and notarized copy of the arrest record. I think I have everything I need for this case.

Should I send photocopies of the certified court and police documents? or the original certified documents?

Just wondering if anyone has any pointer or guidance...

Thank you

Hi,

I am filing the I-129f form and I am the us petitioner.  I am a US citizen by birth. I'm wondering if I need to send in a photocopy of my passport? Or if that is required if you don't have a birth certificate.

Is passport photocopies are required, do I send photocopies of each page? even if blank?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, kingpups said:

Hi,

I am filing the I-129f form and I am the us petitioner.  I am a US citizen by birth. I'm wondering if I need to send in a photocopy of my passport? Or if that is required if you don't have a birth certificate.

Is passport photocopies are required, do I send photocopies of each page? even if blank?

You MUST submit evidence of your citizenship.   You can send a copy of the ID page of your passport OR a copy of your birth certificate

YMMV

5 minutes ago, kingpups said:

Hi,

I am filing the I-129f form and I am the us petitioner.  I am a US citizen by birth. I'm wondering if I need to send in a photocopy of my passport? Or if that is required if you don't have a birth certificate. You can use either document as evidence of US citizenship.

Is passport photocopies are required, do I send photocopies of each page? even if blank?  Not required.  Many use the bio page as evidence of citizenship (see above). Many also send copies of the passport stamps as evidence of the required meeting.  The requirement to send copies of all passport/blank pages was eliminated years ago.

3 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Thank you, that helps so much! I was seeing posts about needing to send all passport photos and got confused.

One more question. Does my beneficiary need to submit a copy of his passport or birth certificate for the I-129f? or does that come later when applying for the visa itself

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
22 minutes ago, kingpups said:

Thank you, that helps so much! I was seeing posts about needing to send all passport photos and got confused.

One more question. Does my beneficiary need to submit a copy of his passport or birth certificate for the I-129f? or does that come later when applying for the visa itself

There's a list on the LONDON EMBASSY website of what your fiancé takes to the interview. https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/required-documents/

USCIS has a checklist for what goes in the petition package. Click the + to open the list

https://www.uscis.gov/i-129f

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

Always send photocopies, never send originals

That is incorrect. Arrest related police and court documents need to be certified copies.

59 minutes ago, kingpups said:

Hi,

Just wanted to get more opinions on this matter.

I am the US petitioner, filing I-129f form soon. I am 3 arrests on my record. One as a juvenile, and 2 as an adult. All 3 charges were dismissed. I have obtained copies of the juvenile court documents. The entire case is 20 pgs. Which pages do I need to get certified?

The next arrest I was charged with possession of open container as a minor (18, but under 21). I was taken to the jail and let go in the morning. I was never charged with anything. I got the certified arrest record. But there are no court documents. Do I need a statement from the court stating that there is no record of this? or is the arrest record enough?

The last arrest was a traffic violation with a maximum fine of $1000 or more. I got the disposition from the court documents certified and notarized copy of the arrest record. I think I have everything I need for this case.

Should I send photocopies of the certified court and police documents? or the original certified documents?

Just wondering if anyone has any pointer or guidance...

Thank you

I am not sure what court or police documents you have already obtained. In my case, I have obtained a certified court disposition. It is a letter stating the arrest, charges, and final disposition - verdict. Also, I have obtained a police certificate, where the sheriffs department ran a background check on me. I send the certified copies, and not photocopies. 

Edited by Rob Beri

3 minutes ago, Rob Beri said:

That is incorrect. Arrest related police and court documents need to be certified copies.

I am not sure what court or police documents you have already obtained. In my case, I have obtained a certified court disposition. It is a letter stating the arrest, charges, and final disposition - verdicts. Also, I have obtained a police certificate, where the sheriffs department ran a background check on me. I send the certified copies, and not photocopies. 

Did you send photocopies of the certified copies from the court? or, did you send the certified copies the court gave you? I've just seen lots of differing of opinions and not sure what to send 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, kingpups said:

Did you send photocopies of the certified copies from the court? or, did you send the certified copies the court gave you? I've just seen lots of differing of opinions and not sure what to send 

I have read in the I-129F instructions that court and police documents must be certified copies. Not photocopies, which is the case with everything else you submit to USCIS.  I suggest when you go to obtain the required documents from the court and/ police station ask for 2 certified copies of each. That way you can mail one with your petition, and have one for your own record. Also, disclose the arrests with your fiancee. Give her all of the records at the day of the interview. Good luck. 

Edited by Rob Beri

Ok, I see what your saying. From the juvenile case I have 3 court documents labeled disposition (1 has the outcome of the court proceedings where i was granted community service, next a 6 month review and deadline extended, and next was 3 month review where community service was completed and case dismissed)

I also got the disposition and outcome of the other two cases. Certified and notarized.

It costs $25 per page for certified documents. Is it required that they are original certified documents for the filed I-129f? As well as the copy given to beneficiary at time of interview?

I've seen on the USCIS website that everything should be photocopies except the passport photos and the letter of intent to marry. Just wanna make sure because I want to send the right ones

7 minutes ago, Rob Beri said:

I have read in the I-129F instructions that court and police documents must be certified copies. Not photocopies, which is the case with everything else you submit to USCIS.  I suggest when you go to obtain the required documents from the court and/ police station ask for 2 certified copies of each. That way you can mail one with your petition, and have one for your own record. Also, disclose the arrests with your fiancee. Give her all of the records at the day of the interview. Good luck. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, kingpups said:

Ok, I see what your saying. From the juvenile case I have 3 court documents labeled disposition (1 has the outcome of the court proceedings where i was granted community service, next a 6 month review and deadline extended, and next was 3 month review where community service was completed and case dismissed)

I also got the disposition and outcome of the other two cases. Certified and notarized.

It costs $25 per page for certified documents. Is it required that they are original certified documents for the filed I-129f? As well as the copy given to beneficiary at time of interview?

I've seen on the USCIS website that everything should be photocopies except the passport photos and the letter of intent to marry. Just wanna make sure because I want to send the right ones

I mean you could send them the photocopies. Hopefully, they are satisfied with what you have send. However, if you wanna avoid receiving an RFE, I would send them the certified copies. 

1 minute ago, Rob Beri said:

I mean you could send them the photocopies. Hopefully, they are satisfied with what you have send. However, if you wanna avoid receiving an RFE, I would send them the certified copies. 

ok, Thank you. That helps a lot!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.