kingpups

Passport photo (merged threads)

21 posts in this topic

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/file-my-application-online-e-filing/how-do-i-know-if-i-need-original-documents

Thought this related to this post and could be useful to somebody

This is on the National Visa Center website. So different from the USCIS but wondering if this is the same for the USCIS I-129f policy as well for submitting court certified documents?

Capture.JPG

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~~Similar topics merged~~~

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• Ryan H changed the title to Passport photo (merged threads)
Timeline

When in doubt, :idea:  consult the official Form I-129F instructions:

Part 3. Other Information

Item Numbers 1. - 3.c. Criminal Information. Indicate whether you have ever been the subject of a temporary or permanent protection order or restraining order (either civil or criminal) related to any of the crimes specified below, or arrested, or convicted of any of the crimes specified below. If you were ever arrested or convicted of any of the specified crimes, you must submit certified copies of all court and police records showing the charges and disposition for every arrest or conviction. You must do so even if your records were sealed, expunged, or otherwise cleared, and regardless of whether anyone, including a judge, law enforcement officer, or attorney, informed you that you no longer have a criminal record.

1. Specified Crimes

1. Convictions for domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse or child neglect, dating violence, elder abuse, and

stalking or an attempt to commit any such crime:

NOTE: The term “domestic violence” includes felony or misdemeanor crime of violence committed by a person.

1. (1)  Who is a current or former spouse of the victim;

2. (2)  With whom the victim shares a child in common;

3. (3)  Who is cohabitating with or has cohabitated with the victim;

4. (4)  Who is similarly situated to a spouse of the victim under the domestic or family violence laws of the relevant jurisdiction; or

5. (5)  Against whom the victim is protected under the jurisdiction’s domestic or family violence laws.

2. Convictions for homicide, murder, manslaughter, rape, abusive sexual contact, sexual exploitation, incest, torture, trafficking, peonage, holding hostage, involuntary servitude, slave trade, kidnapping, abduction, unlawful criminal restraint, false imprisonment, or an attempt to commit any of these crimes.

3. At least three convictions for crimes relating to a controlled substance or alcohol not arising from a single act.

4. Disclosure of criminal history to beneficiary. If your petition is approved, USCIS will provide a copy of your petition, including the information you submit regarding any protection or restraining orders or criminal history to DOS
    for distribution to the beneficiary of your petition. USCIS also will provide to DOS any criminal background information discovered independently while adjudicating this petition for disclosure to your beneficiary.

NOTE: The name and contact information of any person who was granted a protection or restraining order against you, or of any victim of a crime of violence you perpetrated, will remain confidential. However, DOS will disclose your relationship to this person or victim (for example, spouse, parent, former spouse) to the beneficiary.

Item Number 4.a. Criminal Information. Indicate whether you have ever been arrested, cited, charged, indicted, convicted, fined, or imprisoned for breaking or violating any law or ordinance in any country, for any offenses other than those you have already outlined in the previous section. Unless a traffic incident was alcohol- or drug-related or involved a fine of $500 or more, you do not need to provide information on it.

Item Number 4.b. Criminal History Documents. If you indicated “Yes” in Item Number 4.a., provide information that explains the circumstances, places, dates, and outcomes for each incident of arrest, citation, charge, indictment, conviction, fine, or imprisonment. You must submit court certified copies of the arrest record and/or disposition for each incident unless you submit a certified statement from the court indicating that no record exists of your arrest, citation, charge, indictment, conviction, fine, or imprisonment.

If you need extra space to complete this section, use the space provided in Part 8. Additional Information.

REF: https://www.uscis.gov/i-129f , Instructions, page 6-7.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

On 12/23/2019 at 12:50 AM, Pitaya said:

When in doubt, :idea:  consult the official Form I-129F instructions:

REF: https://www.uscis.gov/i-129f , Instructions, page 6-7.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

So, its saying that you need to send in the court certified copies of the documents in the I-129f application? not photocopies of the court certified copies?

Timeline
28 minutes ago, kingpups said:

So, its saying that you need to send in the court certified copies of the documents in the I-129f application? not photocopies of the court certified copies?

The official instructions for Form I-129F, that I referenced and included a cut and paste quote of those referenced pages seem pretty clear. Check out the link and read the instructions yourself and what do they say? :help:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.