ChibiBeckyG

AOS - Request for Evidence claiming sponsor not earning enough

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all 

Just got letter update on my AOS application claiming income for sponsor doesn't meet the 125 percent. I've crunched the numbers and I am sure my husband earns over the 125% for a 2 person household according to current poverty guidelines. Is it normal to sometimes get this letter? does it mean they need more evidence of his income? Or are we in a situation where we need to look for a co-sponsor?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

how much does he make? does he have any children (even if they dont live with him). what proof of income did you send? more details will help.

otherwise, if they say he doesnt make enough (and they are getting stricter with it, even denying if you barely meet the minimum, in some cases), you will need a joint sponsor

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Timeline

I think he submitted pay stubs as evidence but I'm waiting for him to come home to discuss with him as I don't have copies of the documents submitted - I think he may have provided only one month of pay stubs and no tax return. He's def over by a few thousand before bonuses which he often gets as well. 

Timeline

Okay so husband says he posted his taxes for last year and one pay stub of sorts, but it's gotta be 6 months worth right? The travel state gov website seems to suggest 3 months rather than 6 here 

He's concerned because he doesn't get it physically, it's all digitally done. But I assume his digital pay stubs would still count? Gonna try and see if he can get an official letter to confirm his employment too. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, ChibiBeckyG said:

Okay so husband says he posted his taxes for last year and one pay stub of sorts, but it's gotta be 6 months worth right? The travel state gov website seems to suggest 3 months rather than 6 here 

He's concerned because he doesn't get it physically, it's all digitally done. But I assume his digital pay stubs would still count? Gonna try and see if he can get an official letter to confirm his employment too. 

A digital paystubs once printed becomes physical 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
38 minutes ago, ChibiBeckyG said:

He posted "taxes" is too vague. Can you look at the copy he kept of his submission and elaborate more?

Is it copies of every tax form and schedule PLUS his W2 for 2018? Or did he send a tax return transcript from the IRS. (That should not be the tax account transcript).  

Read the instructions for the Form I-864. (page 8 ) It says 6 months of pay stubs. You are not with the State Dept since the visa was issued so their website does not apply to your AOS with USCIS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.