Shipmaster

I-485 Process

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My approved K-1 visa fiancee will shortly be coming to the US. Will I-693 medical form be in her sealed package ? I want to be sure I file the I-485 correctly to avoid any RFEs. Thanks for any information about your experiences.

Filed: Other Timeline
14 minutes ago, Shipmaster said:

My approved K-1 visa fiancee will shortly be coming to the US. Will I-693 medical form be in her sealed package ? I want to be sure I file the I-485 correctly to avoid any RFEs. Thanks for any information about your experiences.

Her medical will be in the sealed package, yes. However, make sure to get copies of the vaccination form DS-3025 (given outside the package; don't open the sealed package) and send one along with your I-485 (and bring one to the interview). They usually don't ask for medicals here if you file within the year since your medical, but some people have been asked for it recently at the interview. I wouldn't bother getting another medical here unless you get an RFE for one or you are asked for one at the interview.

Also, make sure that her doctor check marked "K visa applicant voluntarily completed vaccination requirements" on her DS-3025. If it isn't, you may run a higher risk for an RFE or a transcription of the vaccinations onto an I-693 form.

Edited by celie&joseph

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Timeline
7 hours ago, celie&joseph said:

Her medical will be in the sealed package, yes. However, make sure to get copies of the vaccination form DS-3025 (given outside the package; don't open the sealed package) and send one along with your I-485 (and bring one to the interview). They usually don't ask for medicals here if you file within the year since your medical, but some people have been asked for it recently at the interview. I wouldn't bother getting another medical here unless you get an RFE for one or you are asked for one at the interview.

Also, make sure that her doctor check marked "K visa applicant voluntarily completed vaccination requirements" on her DS-3025. If it isn't, you may run a higher risk for an RFE or a transcription of the vaccinations onto an I-693 form.

Thanks, I know she has the 3025 form but will have to check if Doctor checked off or not. Is the I-765 filed at Chicago address also or some other address ? Thanks.

Timeline
18 hours ago, Shipmaster said:

Thanks, I know she has the 3025 form but will have to check if Doctor checked off or not. Is the I-765 filed at Chicago address also or some other address ? Thanks.

On the I-485 form there is a space for an A number. On the approved I-129f there was an A- number with bar code in one corner, should I use that A number or shoudl I leave the A- number on the I-485 blank ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
7 hours ago, Shipmaster said:

use that A number

^^ This.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Medical results will be collected at the POE as a part of the yellow envelope. She will only have the vaccinations form. If in doubt, make an appointment with USCIS approved civil surgeon. Me and my son had our forms marked as stated above but missing certain shots not available in Ukraine. The civil surgeon referred us to DoE clinic to get those and after we brought him our new records, gave us new sealed envelopes for our I-485 case. That was it

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.