21 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
22 hours ago, Love2017 said:

I am Canadian and my fiancé is American and I recently had my k-1 interview it went really well however, unfortunately my visa was refused because I brought the wrong type of police check,  I did the standard one at my local police station, but to my dismay they required one done by the rcmp with finger prints had I know I would have done that one but anyways I couldn’t understand why she refused my visa and didn’t just give me a 221g letter instead ?

She gave me a refusal worksheet and told me to send my passport and the correct police check to the embassy. 

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Just submit the correct police certificate and then they should approve you once they review everything. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
23 hours ago, Love2017 said:

Yup, I had no idea but it is a fairly new requirement for everyone. Many people have wrote about it on this forum. 

Thank you! I’m so grateful for this forum! I would have had no idea. I feel a little bit lost as we are doing this ourselves but getting close to scheduling the interview. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
9 hours ago, Misskibbs said:

Thank you! I’m so grateful for this forum! I would have had no idea. I feel a little bit lost as we are doing this ourselves but getting close to scheduling the interview. 

Everybody felt the same way :) Its a long and complex road ahead of you, but the end results will pay off :)

I'm also happy for this forum. Without it I would be lost too :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.