8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello,

i sent my package on September 16, according to USPS they received it on September 19. It’s been 7 weeks and still no response. I was wondering, could the lack of response be because we haven’t sent the joint sponsor information yet? Our lawyers said that could be send once they requested for more evidence. we’re having trouble trying to get a joint sponsor, but they told us we still had time to get one.

Can we send the form for the joint sponsor now even if they haven’t responded yet.

i have already sent an email to the lockbox and they said it could take up to 30 days to respond. So what else can we do? We’re tired of waiting and getting no response. 

Thank you

Filed: Timeline

What does 'no response' mean? Did you get a NOA for the filing yet? Did you include your 864?  (even though it wont qualify it still needs to be submitted). If you didnt include your 864 theres a chance your packet will be rejected and is going through that process still hence why no NOA yet... 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Villanelle said:

What does 'no response' mean? Did you get a NOA for the filing yet? Did you include your 864?  (even though it wont qualify it still needs to be submitted). If you didnt include your 864 theres a chance your packet will be rejected and is going through that process still hence why no NOA yet... 

There’s not Noa yet, they haven’t cashed the check ir anything. We did send my wife’s 864, but we know it won’t be enough because she had only been working for 6 months when she did her taxes. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

no you cannot send extra papers without the original package, you either wait for RFE or refile everything all over again and ths time make sure you include the I-864

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Filed: Timeline

Well if you have tracking info that it got there on Sept 19 then you need to just wait for the lockbox email to get back to you about what happened to it. Typically it takes about 30 days from when they get it,  but it can take longer. There is a chance it is in the process of being rejected since the payment was not processed but I have no idea why it would be rejected. (which can take 30-60 days) Could be something missing or incomplete. An 864 that does not qualify and needs a cosponsor is usually not a reason to reject as the contents of the 864 are not reviewed during intake, just the verification that the 864 is included is. 

There have been some recent posts about people waiting for NOAs but nothing to indicate the current processing time at intake is delayed more then normal. You sent it apx 45 days ago and no payment processed nor a NOA, so its an unusual and unique situation. The best I can say is wait on the lockbox reply and double check everything you sent against the guides posted on VJ to make sure it was all done correctly. Prepare a new packet to mail but dont mail it yet! Just have it ready to mail again if needed. Do not mail additional stuff now, esp since you dont have a NOA that it was accepted. Even then its never a good idea to mail stuff with out them asking as it often does not get attached to your case properly and can cause more delays/issues then help. 

Also did you mail this yourself? Often people give stuff to their attnys and believe it is mailed promptly but the attny just sits on it. Was it mailed to the correct lockbox address? (just trying to come up with any reason for this but I am at a loss besides to say it might have gotten lost which stinks but does happen on occasion). 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Villanelle said:

Well if you have tracking info that it got there on Sept 19 then you need to just wait for the lockbox email to get back to you about what happened to it. Typically it takes about 30 days from when they get it,  but it can take longer. There is a chance it is in the process of being rejected since the payment was not processed but I have no idea why it would be rejected. (which can take 30-60 days) Could be something missing or incomplete. An 864 that does not qualify and needs a cosponsor is usually not a reason to reject as the contents of the 864 are not reviewed during intake, just the verification that the 864 is included is. 

There have been some recent posts about people waiting for NOAs but nothing to indicate the current processing time at intake is delayed more then normal. You sent it apx 45 days ago and no payment processed nor a NOA, so its an unusual and unique situation. The best I can say is wait on the lockbox reply and double check everything you sent against the guides posted on VJ to make sure it was all done correctly. Prepare a new packet to mail but dont mail it yet! Just have it ready to mail again if needed. Do not mail additional stuff now, esp since you dont have a NOA that it was accepted. Even then its never a good idea to mail stuff with out them asking as it often does not get attached to your case properly and can cause more delays/issues then help. 

Also did you mail this yourself? Often people give stuff to their attnys and believe it is mailed promptly but the attny just sits on it. Was it mailed to the correct lockbox address? (just trying to come up with any reason for this but I am at a loss besides to say it might have gotten lost which stinks but does happen on occasion). 

Thank you for all the information. It’s very helpful. The package was sent through a law office and the assured us that it was sent on September 16, they gave us a tracking number and it said it was delivered on September 19 at a Chicago address.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

It sounds weird to me that your check hasn't been cashed yet. I'm assuming you didn't get an email as well? 

I don't remember my exact timeline but we could verify that the check had been checked not long after FeDex notice of the package arrival.

As for your original question, never send documents that haven't been asked. Wait until you get a NoA or a RFE in order to do that. As far as you know they haven't even opened a case for your application yet.

If I were you I'd ask your lawyer again and try to call the USCIS, even though it may be hard to get an answer since you don't have a receipt number yet.

Just so it's clear, did your application contain an I-864 at all?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Moraesm said:

It sounds weird to me that your check hasn't been cashed yet. I'm assuming you didn't get an email as well? 

I don't remember my exact timeline but we could verify that the check had been checked not long after FeDex notice of the package arrival.

As for your original question, never send documents that haven't been asked. Wait until you get a NoA or a RFE in order to do that. As far as you know they haven't even opened a case for your application yet.

If I were you I'd ask your lawyer again and try to call the USCIS, even though it may be hard to get an answer since you don't have a receipt number yet.

Just so it's clear, did your application contain an I-864 at all?

Hello,

yes it included l-864 with my wife’s tax information. I have already sent an email to my lawyer to verify that the package was actually sent. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.