Alex and Nick

I-129F Packet: P. 2, Q. 54 - Circumstances of your in-person meeting

76 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, dxec said:

Providing a ton of evidence for no reason. They are going to have to weed through all the junk to get to what they want. Make it as easy as possible for them to find whats required. If they wanted all the extra stuff it would say please include this, this, this, and this. Mine was 2 sentences that said "she came in august 2018 we went to universal studios and disney then came home and i worked the rest of the time." My evidence was a couple pictures which I wouldnt have sent any if I had to do it over and some passport stamps/boarding pass. NO RFE.

When I say I'm going to submit as much as I can I don't mean I'm going to submit 10-50 photographs. I'm going to try to prove our most recent meeting by using 1-2 tickets of us attending restaurants/theaters/events with 1 photo of us attending those 1-2 events. Then I'll add an additional 2-3 photos of us meeting during other instances within the last two years. I will also attach things like boarding passes, baggage tags, etc that show proof of travel. That may go beyond what others have done but it seems to be suggested quite often on a various amount of websites. Even here on VJ they say:

'Use as many of these items are possible. There is no minimum, but the more you can provide the less likely you are that you will receive an RFE. Additionally, please note that providing proof of your ongoing and genuine relationship in this package may benefit you by allowing the consulate to have access to this information prior to them formally contacting the non US Citizen fiance.'

I plan to meet the requirements and sightly more in the required section where we will prove we have met in the last two years but I will also be doing an optional section as well. That is where where I will submit as much evidence as I can (again not going to go crazy with 10-50 photographs) so we can prove that our relationship is ongoing and bona fide.  

I'd rather do more than asked for than do just enough and risk the RFE. I understand that is not everyone's preference on how they do things but it is ours.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i never understand why people are so adamant on here about people NOT including information haha especially since it will not just be looked at by uscis

lurkers also read this board and they may not necessarily be looking at everyone's country to determine if their's is high fraud or not and whether they would need to front load.

either way as long as you don't look married, you should be good. do what feels right. too much cant hurt as long as you dont look married in the evidence. either they'll look at it or not. no biggie, i cant fathom too much info would delay anything unless your packaging was sorely organized.

Edited by kumbaya

Timeline
7 minutes ago, kumbaya said:

i never understand why people are so adamant on here about people NOT including information haha especially since it will not just be looked at by uscis

lurkers also read this board and they may not necessarily be looking at everyone's country to determine if their's is high fraud or not and whether they would need to front load.

either way as long as you don't look married, you should be good. do what feels right. too much cant hurt as long as you dont look married in the evidence. either they'll look at it or not. no biggie, i cant fathom too much info would delay anything unless your packaging was sorely organized.

Completely agree with you here. You 100% get an RFE if you don't include enough information. You 100% do not get an RFE if you include too much information. At the most, you might slightly annoy the USCIS officer reading the packet. What's the saying anyways, better safe than sorry? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 minutes ago, kumbaya said:

The more information you include the more that can be used against you. Example: if they think you might be overdoing it to mask fraud. Same reason when a cop pulls you over and says do you know why i pulled you over? you say NO. You don't say yes i know i was speeding and didnt use turn signal etc.

You can do what you want but a lot of people come back complaining "The CO thought this about my picture which isnt true!" 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Alex and Nick said:

Completely agree with you here. You 100% get an RFE if you don't include enough information. You 100% do not get an RFE if you include too much information. At the most, you might slightly annoy the USCIS officer reading the packet. What's the saying anyways, better safe than sorry? 

??? I don't understand. If you have done this before and know what works why the questions that are pretty straight forward in the instructions?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Alex and Nick said:

Incorrect,  you have a 100% chance of getting an RFE if you do not submit evidence to meet the petition requirements,  you have a 100% chance you do not get an RFE if you submit evidence to meet the petition requirements.   Subtle but important difference 

You can submit 10,000 pages of evidence (too much), but forget to include a single piece of evidence such ad, a divorce decree,  statement of intent,  proof of citizenship.  You will get an rfe

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Alex and Nick said:

i doubt you will get an RFE but yeah, i dont get why so many people are against front loading as long as its done safely lol

6 minutes ago, dxec said:

The more information you include the more that can be used against you. Example: if they think you might be overdoing it to mask fraud. Same reason when a cop pulls you over and says do you know why i pulled you over? you say NO. You don't say yes i know i was speeding and didnt use turn signal etc.

You can do what you want but a lot of people come back complaining "The CO thought this about my picture which isnt true!" 

ok but thats not whats happening here. including more pictures is not some sort of admittance of guilt or something. you wont go to jail for adding 5 pics instead of 3 lol

like i said, as long as you dont look married (or include something that looks like a marriage ceremony) everything would be ok. i included a ton of pictures and outlined each of me and my partner's meetings in like a 3/4 page letter. 

approved in 100 days and hopefully this will set them up in a good place when they go to interview at the embassy.  

Edited by kumbaya

Timeline
4 minutes ago, dxec said:

I understand that can happen but again I will not be overdoing the proof/evidence like crazy. Also not trying to mask fraud, simply trying to prove the relationship is bona fide.

1 minute ago, dxec said:

??? I don't understand. If you have done this before and know what works why the questions that are pretty straight forward in the instructions?

I haven't done this process before, I'm new to it and am researching it as much as I can while also getting some assistance from people I know who have gone through the same process. I'm not sure why your so insistent on getting me to not add what is basically 5 extra things to my packet. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, kumbaya said:

i doubt you will get an RFE but yeah, i dont get why so many people are against front loading as long as its done safely lol

ok but thats not whats happening here. including more pictures is not some sort of admittance of guilt or something. you wont go to jail for adding 5 pics instead of 3 lol

like i said, as long as you dont look married (or include something that looks like a marriage ceremony) everything would be ok. i included a ton of pictures and outlined each of me and my partner's meetings in like a 3/4 page letter. 

approved in 100 days and hopefully this will set them up in a good place when they go to interview at the embassy.  

I know, I just don't understand what is up with this. I just want to include and extra five photos max with a few tickets and a damn boarding pass and all of sudden I'm committing fraud? What you described is exactly what I'm going for. Just crazy that it is such a big deal to be thorough. 

Timeline

You are free to do what you want, but when someone does a search later they should have the correct information. The correct information is to add what they ask for and not what you think they want. 

Just make sure you add all the stuff they want first then add the fluff stuff in later so you don't forget something that is required. You asked a question I gave an answer. I don't want you to get an RFE or a denial based on the information I provided so I answered with sound advice.

If you were coming from a country that is high on fraud I would say load up.

Edited by dxec

Timeline
6 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Incorrect,  you have a 100% chance of getting an RFE if you do not submit evidence to meet the petition requirements,  you have a 100% chance you do not get an RFE if you submit evidence to meet the petition requirements.   Subtle but important difference 

Again, I am meeting the requirements of what is asked for in the package. I'm also choosing to include photos, tickets, etc in the package because it is heavily suggested to do so on pretty much any reference I have found so far. Including five photos with the package will not get you an RFE. In my entire year of researching I have not seen anywhere that indicates you will receive an RFE if you submit too much information in the package. If you can provide me with the references/resources that say otherwise I'd love to see them to get a better understanding on the packet. If not I really, truly do not understand what the issue is with submitting photos.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think you are/or trying to provide way to much information based on where you are interviewing. 
Nonetheless, do what makes you feel confident for the interview. 
What I have in my bio is “literally” all we had.  A paragraph in total and each meeting with evidence. 

You are not “getting away with anything” as your fulfilling the requirements either way. 
As @payxibka said (and has much more knowledge than a ton of us here). Quality over Quantity. 
Good luck on your journey and I’ll look forward to watching your progress on VJ. 🎊🎈🍾!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, dxec said:

You are free to do what you want, but when someone does a search later they should have the correct information. The correct information is to add what they ask for and not what you think they want. 

Just make sure you add all the stuff they want first then add the fluff stuff in later so you don't forget something that is required. You asked a question I gave an answer. I don't want you to get an RFE or a denial based on the information I provided so I answered with sound advice.

If you were coming from a country that is high on fraud I would say load up.

I have done my research and I am doing what they ask for and also what is suggested by every resource I have researched over the last year. Like I quoted earlier in this thread even the K1-Visa guide here on VJ says you can submit photographs, boarding passes, etc as proof of the relationship. I do not see that it will cause any issues by doing so. I'm submitting 5 photos and a few tickets, I'm very confident an officer wont think I'm committing fraud. I appreciate the advice, I truly do and thank you for helping answer the original question.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Alex and Nick said:

Again, I am meeting the requirements of what is asked for in the package. I'm also choosing to include photos, tickets, etc in the package because it is heavily suggested to do so on pretty much any reference I have found so far. Including five photos with the package will not get you an RFE. In my entire year of researching I have not seen anywhere that indicates you will receive an RFE if you submit too much information in the package. If you can provide me with the references/resources that say otherwise I'd love to see them to get a better understanding on the packet. If not I really, truly do not understand what the issue is with submitting photos.

What you're doing is your choice.  There are many threads where petitioners submitted "engagement " party photos and the consulate interpreted the pictures as cultural "wedding" photos and denied the k1, but none of these were from Canada 

This whole thing went sideways when another post said that certain evidence is required in the petition when it is clearly not.  That evidence is OPTIONAL.  Everyone must submit required evidence.   Anyone can submit additional optional evidence 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.