sunrisecouples

CASE STATUS HAS BEEN ON READY, 22 DAYS AFTER MY CR1 VISA INTERVIEW

22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I had my CR1 visa interview at the U.S Consulate in Lagos-Nigeria, 22 days ago and after the interview, the Consular Officer said my case required "further processing".

These are the details of my case:-

- My case status on the CEAC website has been on "Ready". Infact, it's been on "Ready" even before my visa interview.

- My case status on the CEAC website was last updated on 15th October.

- I had previously applied for a non-immigrant visa in 2014, 2015 and 2016, before I met my USC wife. I was denied the visa, all 3 times.

- I had been previously married. It was a Customary marriage. That marriage only last for about 1 year (1 year and 4 months precisely, because of the Customary Court judgement that dragged on) and ended on a very bitter note. It was from April/May 2015 to October 2016.

- I met my USC wife in December 2017 and we got married in April 2018.

- In my DS-160 visa form of May 20th 2015, I indicated single - as my marital status. As at the date of filing that form, I was not yet formally married to my previous spouse. We eventually got married 10 days later.

- Family members of both families had met in April 2015 and a formal introduction was done but we didn't get married until the last Saturday of May 2015.

- I have always had April 2015 in my head, so during the divorce proceedings at the Customary Court, when we were asked when our marriage started, we gave out April 2015 as the date and year. 

- So our divorce decree from the Customary Court indicated that my Customary marriage started in April 2015, instead of May 2015. This is the reason for the mix-up.

- During the interview the Consular Officer asked me:  Why does your divorce decree say that you were married in April 2015 and your DS-160 visa form of May 2015, indicates that you were single?

- I answered:  We were in the process of consummating the marriage during that time. Between April and May of 2015.

- No other document was asked for during the interview because I front-loaded every single required (Financial & Civil) document, during the NVC stage.

- After the interview, the Consular Officer said: "my case requires further processing". We will call or email you, as soon as we are done. He hands me back my passport and a piece of white paper which indicated "Before we can continue adjudicating your immigrant visa application, your case must undergo additional administrative processing. We will notify you by email or pone, as soon as ........."

This is my story. My immigrant visa application process has been a long and frustrating one. Words cannot really describe the frustration this whole process has brought upon my wife and I, as newlyweds.

My wife has sent an email to LAGOSIV@State.Gov and has also called. There has not been any response to her email and when she called yesterday, she was told the same thing, everyone else in this dark-hole is told; "All you need to do is wait". 

The most important question on my lips right now is, why does my case status on the CEAC website still say "Ready", after 22 days of my visa interview?

If my case is actually undergoing administrative processing, why hasn't my case status changed to "Administrative Processing"?

I will appreciate your response and advise.

#Missileman
#Greenbaum
#TBoneTX
#Geowrian
#Boiler
#Payxibka
#Paul & Mary

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, kris&me said:

DS 160 is for k1 

you needed to fill out a ds260 for spouse

He was filling out the DS-160 for a Visitor Visa in 2015.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
6 hours ago, sunrisecouples said:

I had my CR1 visa interview at the U.S Consulate in Lagos-Nigeria, 22 days ago and after the interview, the Consular Officer said my case required "further processing".

These are the details of my case:-

- My case status on the CEAC website has been on "Ready". Infact, it's been on "Ready" even before my visa interview.

- My case status on the CEAC website was last updated on 15th October.

- I had previously applied for a non-immigrant visa in 2014, 2015 and 2016, before I met my USC wife. I was denied the visa, all 3 times.

- I had been previously married. It was a Customary marriage. That marriage only last for about 1 year (1 year and 4 months precisely, because of the Customary Court judgement that dragged on) and ended on a very bitter note. It was from April/May 2015 to October 2016.

- I met my USC wife in December 2017 and we got married in April 2018.

- In my DS-160 visa form of May 20th 2015, I indicated single - as my marital status. As at the date of filing that form, I was not yet formally married to my previous spouse. We eventually got married 10 days later.

- Family members of both families had met in April 2015 and a formal introduction was done but we didn't get married until the last Saturday of May 2015.

- I have always had April 2015 in my head, so during the divorce proceedings at the Customary Court, when we were asked when our marriage started, we gave out April 2015 as the date and year. 

- So our divorce decree from the Customary Court indicated that my Customary marriage started in April 2015, instead of May 2015. This is the reason for the mix-up.

- During the interview the Consular Officer asked me:  Why does your divorce decree say that you were married in April 2015 and your DS-160 visa form of May 2015, indicates that you were single?

- I answered:  We were in the process of consummating the marriage during that time. Between April and May of 2015.

- No other document was asked for during the interview because I front-loaded every single required (Financial & Civil) document, during the NVC stage.

- After the interview, the Consular Officer said: "my case requires further processing". We will call or email you, as soon as we are done. He hands me back my passport and a piece of white paper which indicated "Before we can continue adjudicating your immigrant visa application, your case must undergo additional administrative processing. We will notify you by email or pone, as soon as ........."

This is my story. My immigrant visa application process has been a long and frustrating one. Words cannot really describe the frustration this whole process has brought upon my wife and I, as newlyweds.

My wife has sent an email to LAGOSIV@State.Gov and has also called. There has not been any response to her email and when she called yesterday, she was told the same thing, everyone else in this dark-hole is told; "All you need to do is wait". 

The most important question on my lips right now is, why does my case status on the CEAC website still say "Ready", after 22 days of my visa interview?

If my case is actually undergoing administrative processing, why hasn't my case status changed to "Administrative Processing"?

I will appreciate your response and advise.

#Missileman
#Greenbaum
#TBoneTX
#Geowrian
#Boiler
#Payxibka
#Paul & Mary

Well you didn't tag me but I will answer. Honestly it really matters not what the status says. They told you your status. You are in AP. Not all cases say AP. I know many cases in Refuse and still processing.

You just have to wait. I am sure they are checking out all your dates and documents of your previous marriage and divorce. Wait you must. Sorry.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline
8 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

Well you didn't tag me but I will answer. Honestly it really matters not what the status says. They told you your status. You are in AP. Not all cases say AP. I know many cases in Refuse and still processing.

You just have to wait. I am sure they are checking out all your dates and documents of your previous marriage and divorce. Wait you must. Sorry.

Hello Dwheels76,

Thank you for responding. 

I honestly thought that I tagged you in my post.

Earlier today, I had followed everyone I intended to tag, just before my post. I'm sorry I eventually didn't tag you in my message. It skipped my mind.

Do you think that we should be proactive - I mean, calling and/or sending emails periodically, or do you think we should stop calling and/or sending emails and just wait until they complete further processing?

I appreciate your response.

Edited by sunrisecouples

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 minutes ago, sunrisecouples said:

Hello Dwheels76,

Earlier today, I had followed everyone I intended to tag, just before my post. I'm sorry I eventually didn't tag you in my message. It skipped my mind.

Do you think that we should be proactive - I mean, calling and/or sending emails periodically, or do you think we should stop calling and/or sending emails and just wait until they complete further processing?

AP is open ended,  nothing you can do to speed it up.  You can send a periodic email but it won't help it complete sooner 

YMMV

Timeline
8 hours ago, payxibka said:

AP is open ended,  nothing you can do to speed it up.  You can send a periodic email but it won't help it complete sooner 

Thank you for your response, Payxibka.

I appreciate your time. 

I am really bothered why my case status on the CEAC website still say "Ready", after 22 days of my visa interview instead of it saying "Administrative Processing", if it's actually undergoing administrative processing. But now I understand why it's so - going by Dwheels76's input.

Waiting and sending emails periodically, it is then..

Timeline
31 minutes ago, sunrisecouples said:

Hello Dwheels76,

No I do not think you should be disturbing them constantly. hen they want or need anything they will tell you. I know two people been in AP since May one just got approved last week the other denied. You have to just wait nothing you can do.

Also calling the IV Unit is futile they do not answer. I would email once every 30 days.  That's it constantly bothering them is not wise. Stop calling and emailing until they contact you. Takes time to investigate things.

i did want to ask you did have a divorce decree submitted correct? That putting single when you were marry made this a red flag. But at least you were honest.

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline
8 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

No I do not think you should be disturbing them constantly. hen they want or need anything they will tell you. I know two people been in AP since May one just got approved last week the other denied. You have to just wait nothing you can do.

Also calling the IV Unit is futile they do not answer. I would email once every 30 days.  That's it constantly bothering them is not wise. Stop calling and emailing until they contact you. Takes time to investigate things.

i did want to ask you did have a divorce decree submitted correct? That putting single when you were marry made this a red flag. But at least you were honest.

Thanks for responding again.

Yes, I handed over the original copy my Divorce Decree to the Consular Officer when he asked for it, during the interview. The mix-up was discovered when he looked at my previous (DS-160) non-immigrant visa application of May 20th 2015 on his computer and compared it with the Divorce Decree, I submitted. Then he asked, Why does your divorce decree say that you were married in April 2015 and your DS-160 visa form of May 2015, indicates that you were single?

I wasn't prepared for that question neither was I expecting any question from a previous visa application, so I simply answered: We were in the process of consummating the marriage during that time. Between April and May of 2015.

I didn't give any further explanation after I answered that question because I didn't want to give a wrong/false statement.

Moreso, due to the pain and emotional embarrassment I suffered in that marriage, I try as much as possible to forget all about it and never wish to relive my ordeal.

Looking back now, I wish I have another chance to explain better. Anyway, my wife explained that in the email she last sent to them.

The Consular Officer kept the Divorce Decree I gave to him and gave me back my passport and a white paper.
Lastly, I didn't put single where I was supposed to put married. I boldly explained details of my case, in my first post. The mix-up is with the date and year of my previous marriage in my Divorce Decree, when compared with my previous (DS-160) visa application of May 2015.
Please free feel to ask me anymore questions you aren't sure of and I will respond.

I am ready to provide a sworn notarized affidavit to confirm that the correct date of my previous customary marriage was the last Saturday of May 2015. Do you advise that I go ahead with that?

8 hours ago, sunrisecouples said:

We were in the process of consummating the marriage during that time. Between April and May of 2015.

I don't think 'consummating' is quite the word you were looking for.

Why does your divorce decree say that you were married in April 2015 and your DS-160 visa form of May 2015, indicates that you were single?

I wasn't prepared for that question neither was I expecting any question from a previous visa application

Data related to all previous applications and admissions to the US is always available to COs.

What was the official date of your marriage?  

The CO was questioning whether there was a material misrepresentation here, i.e. whether you obtained a visa by hiding or fabricating a material fact.  

Edited by Jorgedig

Moreso, due to the pain and emotional embarrassment I suffered in that marriage, I try as much as possible to forget all about it and never wish to relive my ordeal

Moreso, due to the pain and emotional embarrassment I suffered in that marriage, I try as much as possible to forget all about it and never wish to relive my ordeal.

You cannot pick and choose what you disclose to the CO when asked, even if it causes you to 'relive your ordeal.'  They are required to question aspects of your past that are relevant to the visa.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jorgedig said:

I don't think 'consummating' is quite the word you were looking for.

Thank you Jorgedig,

Yes, you are right. Looking back now, I realize that wasn't the word I intended to use. I wasn't expecting that question, so I didn't know of the best word or way to explain myself without giving a wrong/false information.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jorgedig said:

Data related to all previous applications and admissions to the US is always available to COs.

What was the official date of your marriage?  

The CO was questioning whether there was a material misrepresentation here, i.e. whether you obtained a visa by hiding or fabricating a material fact.  

Yes, you're right. 

They do have data related to all previous visa applications. 

I can't remember the exact date now but I've always had April 2015, as the date of my previous Customary marriage because that was the month and year, representatives from both families met to do a formal introduction/declare marriage intentions but it wasn't done until the last Saturday in May 2015 (which was 30th of May). 

I filled out/completed a DS-160 visa form for a F1 visa I was applying for at the time on the 6th of May 2015 and attended the visa interview on the 20th of May 2015 (10 days before my previous marriage). 

So you see, I wasn't married yet when I attended that interview and I didn't get the visa, all the same.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, sunrisecouples said:

Yes, you're right. 

They do have data related to all previous visa applications. 

I can't remember the exact date now but I've always had April 2015, as the date of my previous Customary marriage because that was the month and year, representatives from both families met to do a formal introduction/declare marriage intentions but it wasn't done until the last Saturday in May 2015 (which was 30th of May). 

I filled out/completed a DS-160 visa form for a F1 visa I was applying for at the time on the 6th of May 2015 and attended the visa interview on the 20th of May 2015 (10 days before my previous marriage). 

So you see, I wasn't married yet when I attended that interview and I didn't get the visa, all the same.

So you see, I wasn't officially married yet when I attended that interview in May 2015 and that's why when I was asked to explain why I said I was single in my DS-160 visa form (of May 2015) while my Divorce Decree said I was married in April 2015, I replied saying that we were in the process of 'consummating' the marriage between April and May 2015.

2 minutes ago, sunrisecouples said:

So you see, I wasn't officially married yet when I attended that interview in May 2015 and that's why when I was asked to explain why I said I was single in my DS-160 visa form (of May 2015) while my Divorce Decree said I was married in April 2015, I replied saying that we were in the process of 'consummating' the marriage between April and May 2015.

So you’re saying the date of marriage listed on the divorce decree is incorrect?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.