Pervaiz

Emergency visit to see spouse

32 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi I hope everybody is doing great .i have a question .can I go to see my spouse’s  family even our case is processing n USCIS .. her mom is admitted in hospital and she is in serious condition she want to see me once At Christmas...regardless of my education..I took one week off from my college to see her . Is that any probability to apply for tourist visa(.   non -immigrant visa)  ? And  wouldn’t it effect my immigrant case status or after at the Time of interview for my immigrant visa 

Edited by Pervaiz
Too much question mark

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Pervaiz said:

Hi I hope everybody is doing great .i have a question .can I go to see my spouse’s  family even our case is processing n USCIS .. her mom is admitted in hospital and she is in serious condition she want to see me once At Christmas...regardless of my education..I took one week off from my college to see her ?? Is that any probability to apply for tourist visa(.   non -immigrant visa)  ? And  wouldn’t it effect my immigrant case status or after at the Time of interview for my immigrant visa 

You can try. No it won’t affect your cr-1. But honestly from Pakistan with a pending cr-1 it’s a low probability you’ll get it approved 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Russ&MaryAnn said:

You can try. No it won’t affect your cr-1. But honestly from Pakistan with a pending cr-1 it’s a low probability you’ll get it approved 

No I am studying in abroad  in Russia , I took one week off from My college here to go there 

Just now, Pervaiz said:

No I am studying in abroad  in Russia , I took one week off from My college here to go there 

I am pakistani citizen but studying abroad 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Pervaiz said:

I am pakistani citizen but studying abroad 

You can apply for tourist visa, it won’t affect your cr-1

Timeline
1 minute ago, Russ&MaryAnn said:

You can apply for tourist visa, it won’t affect your cr-1

So refusal rates don’t affect immigrant visa at the time of spousal visa interview ?? 

Timeline

So refusal rates don’t affect immigrant visa at the time of spousal visa interview ?? 

Not from what I’ve read, but I’m not an expert.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

You can apply for a visitor visa.  Anyone can apply for a visitor visa whenever they want. 

With a current immigration case and being from Pakistan, your chances of being approved for a visitor visa is extremely low.  

Timeline
1 minute ago, aaron2020 said:

You can apply for a visitor visa.  Anyone can apply for a visitor visa whenever they want. 

With a current immigration case and being from Pakistan, your chances of being approved for a visitor visa is extremely low.  

But I am not living In pakistan.. I am living abroad ,studying here ....but ofcourse I am pakistani citizen 

11 minutes ago, Pervaiz said:

Not usually. Unless it is an unusually high refusal rate. For example, if you have applied for and denied a visa 20 times, then, yeah, that would raise an eyebrow or two.

The only other reason that a refusal would affect a visa is if there was a severe reason for the refusal, like criminal history (ex: drug trafficking).

But I am not living In pakistan.. I am living abroad ,studying here ....but ofcourse I am pakistani citizen

That doesn't matter. You are still Pakistani and they will look at that. It doesn't matter where you live, they focus on your citizenship also.

Edited by Unlockable

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

It doesn't matter that you don't live in Pakistan.  Just because you are temporarily living in Russia, it doesn't mean that being Pakistani doesn't matter.  Your nationality matters.  

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

Not usually. Unless it is an unusually high refusal rate. For example, if you have applied for and denied a visa 20 times, then, yeah, that would raise an eyebrow or two.

The only other reason that a refusal would affect a visa is if there was a severe reason for the refusal, like criminal history (ex: drug trafficking).

Oh ok thanks 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

It doesn't matter that you don't live in Pakistan.  Just because you are temporarily living in Russia, it doesn't mean that being Pakistani doesn't matter.  Your nationality matters.  

Comprehendible 🙂

5 minutes ago, Pervaiz said:

it’s horrendous they can’t exaggerate 

I'm not sure what this means. Can you explain?

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.