celene0220

Medical/Letter from GP

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi my partner has the Patient Care Summary that lists Personal Info,immunizations, Medications, Allergies..will this suffice?

Also, he has asthma and has had minor outpatient surgeries in the past (ie. broken wrist, broken ankle) does he need a letter from his GP? If so any ideas of what it should state?

Thank you

23 minutes ago, celene0220 said:

Hi my partner has the Patient Care Summary that lists Personal Info,immunizations, Medications, Allergies..will this suffice?

Also, he has asthma and has had minor outpatient surgeries in the past (ie. broken wrist, broken ankle) does he need a letter from his GP? If so any ideas of what it should state?

Thank you

Is this for a K-1?  He cannot use documents from his GP in lieu of the exam by a panel physician, if that’s what you’re asking.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

Is this for a K-1?  He cannot use documents from his GP in lieu of the exam by a panel physician, if that’s what you’re asking.

Yes K-1..and no, he has his medical appointment scheduled with Knightsbridge. This is more of a question in regards to what he needs to take INTO the medical appointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, celene0220 said:

Thank you

Yes. At the clinic in London they will want a short report from his GP about the asthma. When diagnosed, treatment, medications taken, and prognosis.  

Might as well throw in comments on the surgeries if he had actual surgery to repair...like pins or something more complicated than putting a cast on it. Date, medical description of the broken bits, fully recovered, etc.

While you're at it, do make sure he has the immunizations he will need for AOS done before he goes to his medical.

MMR

Tetanus/Diptheria in the last 10 years

Current season flu shot (get at Boots or a grocery store clinic)

and a history of having had chickenpox (they take your word for it)

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Yes. At the clinic in London they will want a short report from his GP about the asthma. When diagnosed, treatment, medications taken, and prognosis.  

Might as well throw in comments on the surgeries if he had actual surgery to repair...like pins or something more complicated than putting a cast on it. Date, medical description of the broken bits, fully recovered, etc.

While you're at it, do make sure he has the immunizations he will need for AOS done before he goes to his medical.

MMR

Tetanus/Diptheria in the last 10 years

Current season flu shot (get at Boots or a grocery store clinic)

and a history of having had chickenpox (they take your word for it)

Thanks, I guess his GP office is asking for 65GBP to provide the letter...Do you know if that is the norm?

1 minute ago, celene0220 said:

Thanks, I guess his GP office is asking for 65GBP to provide the letter...Do you know if that is the norm?

Wow, really?  I know the US health care system sucks in many ways, but we would never charge a separate fee to a patient who requested that.

8 hours ago, celene0220 said:

I believe such costs are set by the individual GPs. They're not part of the NHS service. (i.e. the NHS isn't there to assist people in emigrating.)  65 is on the high side though, haven't heard that before. Having said that, scroll down and 133 is suggested for a detailed written report on patient's condition: https://www.bma.org.uk/advice/employment/fees/fee-finder-what-to-charge-your-patients

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
15 hours ago, celene0220 said:

I think that's on the high end of what people have posted in this forum.  It is dependent on the individual doctor. Some charge for immunisations if they are for emigrating. 

If you arent in some crazy rush,  he can go to his visa medical and see exactly what the doctor will want further from his GP. Then you can hand that over to the GP. That way you know for sure what is needed and won't have to pay for a report, then go back and ask for more. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

My GP is mainly private, he took his father's NHS patients before the father retired and he charges nothing.

Seems like some price gouging to me, but then again you'll have to pay it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.