gurmit

US Spouse cheated on marriage and kicked me out of home

41 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Namaste Bhaini,

From my limited understanding of Indian culture, I would guess that going back to India is not without risk either (in addition to costing probably over $1K USD for the plane ticket). It is my understanding that there may be a stigma attached to returning as a divorcee. She may not even be welcomed back by her family. Perhaps someone with more knowledge will come along and shed more light on this aspect.

This is most unfortunate. I suggest she contact an immigration attorney, perhaps through a pro-bono outfit such as Catholic Charities, and find out what her options are. This USC should definitely be reported for this behaviour (but to whom? ICE? State Dept?). Atrocious.

Best wishes.

Maya

well maya

i m too with you running back to her counrty wont solve her problm too

i feel she should contact those organisations

i dunno whether she can read up n follow up these messages as she wrote in her post that she has taken shelter with some fellow indians n they r helping her n that she has run away from her home

i wish her good luck for the rest of journey.

india.gifusa.gif

NVC:

03/14/2007-NVC ASSIGNS CASE NUMBER

03/29/2007-AOS FEE BILL AND DS-3032 GENERATED

03/29/2007-AOS FEE BILL FEES MAILED AND DS-3032 MAILED

04/03/2007-NVC ACKNOWLEDGES CHOICE OF AGENT

04/10/2007-I.V FEE BILL GENERATED

04/18/2007-I-864 GENERATED

04/20/2007-I.V. BILL RECEIVED & MAILED TO N.V.C

04/23/2007-I-864 SENT TO NVC

04/26/2007-I.V. FEE BILL & I-864 ENTERED INTO THE NVC SYSTEM

04/30/2007-NVC BARCODE & INSTRUCTIONS FOR DS-230

05/09/2007-DS-230 SENT

05/23/2007-CASE COMPLETED

VISA APPROVED .

05/XX/2007-FLIGHT To JFK POE

another step of I-751 coming near :)

p.s. My opinion is only what i read research and get advices from experienced people.I aint any

lawyer .

.png

Namastey !

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Pleassseee Help

I am 26 years old. My US citizen spouse married me in India and there was no indication that he doesn't like me. I came to US on K3 visa. I don't know anybody else in this whole country except my in-laws family.

After 5 days he started flirting around. Then I came to know that he married 3 girls in India prior to me and used them for his pleasure and abondoned them without divorce. He kicked me out too and thretened the people who provided me shelter with gun. I was so afraid of his gun and didn't know english and rules of this country. Some people from my country came forward and helped me with shelter.

I am still on K3 after 6 months being in usa. K3 is valid upto Dec 2008.

Please help what do I do to apply for EAD and other forms, social security card etc.? I have no money and no medical.

How can fraud case be filed agaisnt spouse? Will it affect my future case processing?

(The people I am living with helped entered this information on my behalf)

Thank you very much.

:crying:

How did you come to learn of the 3 wives? Since you married in India, laws there would prevail as to whether or not this marriage is valid. Since I'm not familiar with custom, I can't comment.....but fraud is only fraud if something that should have been disclosed wasn't.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Pleassseee Help

I am 26 years old. My US citizen spouse married me in India and there was no indication that he doesn't like me. I came to US on K3 visa. I don't know anybody else in this whole country except my in-laws family.

After 5 days he started flirting around. Then I came to know that he married 3 girls in India prior to me and used them for his pleasure and abondoned them without divorce. He kicked me out too and thretened the people who provided me shelter with gun. I was so afraid of his gun and didn't know english and rules of this country. Some people from my country came forward and helped me with shelter.

Please help what do I do to apply for EAD and other forms, social security card etc.? I have no money and no medical.

How can fraud case be filed agaisnt spouse? Will it affect my future case processing?

Thank you very much.

Good luck... sounds like you're staying with some other indian friends now. Perhaps they can help you find the right assistance. Just be safe. And, if you have a K3 Visa, you should be able to fill out I-765 to get your EAD : I-765 for EAD

If the previous marriages and your marriage were performed in the U.S. and not terminated, then that is polygamy - and you should be able to get an annulment, legally in the U.S. Did your marriage with him take place in India or the U.S.? Talk to a lawyer about this. However, I'm not sure how that will be if the marriages were conducted in India. I'm clueless there...

I'd suggest talking to an immigration attorny - esp. one who deals with some family law /divorces as well. Do you have contact info for the other women he married, previous to you? Maybe give them a call to see how they handled things??? You really do need to get an immigration lawyer. That will answer your questions. You can consult for one for about an hour to get your questions answered, for a fee. In the mean time, get this I-765 form filled out and turned in ASAP.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am deeply sorry that this has happened to you. I agree with the others - YOU SHOULD CONTACT AN ATTORNEY. I am sure that there are attorneys in your area who may agree to take the case pro-bono (meaning that you don't have to pay them for their work). Some states REQUIRE that attorneys do a certain amount of pro-bono work.

Contact the local Bar Association and they should be able to give you the names of some attorneys. GOOD LUCK.

I-129F

11/15/2007 = Package sent overnight Fedex to CSC

11/16/2007 = Package arrived at CSC

11/21/2007 = NOA1 (according to www.uscis.gov online case status)

11/26/2007 = Check cashed (YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!)

11/28/2007 = Touched

11/30/2007 = Rec'd NOA1 hard copy in the mail

12/20/2007 = Touched

12/21/2007 = Touched

03/12/2008 = Touched (due to phone call)

03/24/2008 = NOA2!!!!!!!!!

03/25/2008 = Touched

04/23/2008 = Touched

05/05/2008 = Arrived at Consulate

05/12/2008 = Picked up Packets 3 & 4

06/24/2008 = Interview Date and APPROVAL

07/02/2008 = Picked up Visa at Embassy

07/05/2008 = Arrival in the U.S.!!!!!!!!! Met at POE in ATLANTA

07/06/2008 = Fly back to Salt Lake City Together!!!!

08/06/2008 = MARRIED TODAY!!!

AOS & EAD

08/23/2008 = Package sent via USPS with Signature Confirmation

08/25/2008 = Package arrived in Chicago

08/26/2008 = Check cashed

09/02/2008 = NOA1 for EAD and AOS received in the mail.

4400355_bodyshot_300x400.gif4400923_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Timeline
Pleassseee Help

Thank you very much.

How did you come to learn of the 3 wives? Since you married in India, laws there would prevail as to whether or not this marriage is valid. Since I'm not familiar with custom, I can't comment.....but fraud is only fraud if something that should have been disclosed wasn't.

well even i was imagining D.M how did the op come to know about his marriages

regarding the marriages it has been very common in india people getting married and not legally registring the marriage with the indian court

as long as the marriage is not registered in indian court how will the govt. know legally the couples are married?

there is no evidence except a simple marriage certificate

also i would like to say there are umpteempth no. of temples and places where people get married again if these marriages arent registerd the indian govt. really doesnt know who married whom

regarding us and uk we are really required to send our marriage certificate along with the court marriage registration which is a must without that the beneficiary if not uscis level or nvc level but the beneficiary will suffer troubles at the local embassy level.

about me i got married to my husbd 1st traditional hindu wedding then we got court registration in india as well as in the united states :)

india.gifusa.gif

NVC:

05/09/2007-DS-230 SENT

VISA APPROVED .

p.s. My opinion is only what i read research and get advices from experienced people.I aint any

lawyer .

.png

Namastey !

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
If he is still married to 3 women, you don't need a divorce. You're not legally married.

Get him arrested for Polygamy.

you got a good point here!

Actually.. thinking about this some more... Is that even possible that this man COULD marry 3 woman and apply for Visa's for them???? Wouldnt immigration see his history and NOT approve?

Edited by deemabrouk

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

If he is still married to 3 women, you don't need a divorce. You're not legally married.

Get him arrested for Polygamy.

you got a good point here!

Actually.. thinking about this some more... Is that even possible that this man COULD marry 3 woman and apply for Visa's for them???? Wouldnt immigration see his history and NOT approve?

There are cultures where marriage to more than one woman (or man) is perfectly legal and socially acceptable. In America, that is not the case, but immigration does not preclude a person that is involved in a multiple marriage from petitioning his or her spouse. In such a case, only one spouse may be the recipient of a spousal visa, though.

"diaddie mermaid"

Pleassseee Help

Thank you very much.

well even i was imagining D.M how did the op come to know about his marriages

regarding the marriages it has been very common in india people getting married and not legally registring the marriage with the indian court

as long as the marriage is not registered in indian court how will the govt. know legally the couples are married?

there is no evidence except a simple marriage certificate

also i would like to say there are umpteempth no. of temples and places where people get married again if these marriages arent registerd the indian govt. really doesnt know who married whom

regarding us and uk we are really required to send our marriage certificate along with the court marriage registration which is a must without that the beneficiary if not uscis level or nvc level but the beneficiary will suffer troubles at the local embassy level.

about me i got married to my husbd 1st traditional hindu wedding then we got court registration in india as well as in the united states :)

your reasons stated is one of many reasons why we all get placed on extensive AP/AR.

shon.gif

I know for a fact in pakistan for example. a man can have up to 4 wifes.

they are supposed to be legalized. but, you have people that marry for religous reasons. unlike in the USA marry is married. in other nations you can marry religous and it not be legalized. until its registared. counties like pakistan dont accept this practice but, people still do it. also countries like pakistan also dont keep a good paper trail. so like the person stated above india has a lot of temples that anyone could marry. this is true about pakistan. but, the bottomline is they would have to registar in order to make the marriage legalized. this also protects the wives. Having said that this fellow could have married in his country. he proble had no prior petition. so when the case got to the embassy they only looked at the OP to see if she was already married.

shon.gif

Timeline
I know for a fact in pakistan for example. a man can have up to 4 wifes.

they are supposed to be legalized. but, you have people that marry for religous reasons. unlike in the USA marry is married. in other nations you can marry religous and it not be legalized. until its registared. counties like pakistan dont accept this practice but, people still do it. also countries like pakistan also dont keep a good paper trail. so like the person stated above india has a lot of temples that anyone could marry. this is true about pakistan. but, the bottomline is they would have to registar in order to make the marriage legalized. this also protects the wives. Having said that this fellow could have married in his country. he proble had no prior petition. so when the case got to the embassy they only looked at the OP to see if she was already married.

thats 100 % true i am with you baby bunny :thumbs:

india.gifusa.gif

NVC:

05/09/2007-DS-230 SENT

VISA APPROVED .

lawyer .

.png

Namastey !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I smell troll.

If there was no legal marriage how come USCIS approved a K3?

If the OP doesn't know any English how did she post the topic?

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

I smell troll.

If there was no legal marriage how come USCIS approved a K3?

If the OP doesn't know any English how did she post the topic?

The onus is on the alien to prove he or she is legally able to marry. If someone is inclined to be deceitful, there's no way USCIS would know.

Read the first post (someone posted this for the OP).

"diaddie mermaid"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.