GreenUsa

Message, DS-260 Review note

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I got message from NVC in my "dashboard" with "DS-260 Review Note" name, but when I'm clicking to see it doesn't show anything, it's empty. Also tried different browsers.

Anyone knows what it is? Why I can't see the message?

I have only completed DS-260, didn't submit other documents yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 10/24/2019 at 10:14 PM, GreenUsa said:

I got message from NVC in my "dashboard" with "DS-260 Review Note" name, but when I'm clicking to see it doesn't show anything, it's empty. Also tried different browsers.

Anyone knows what it is? Why I can't see the message?

I have only completed DS-260, didn't submit other documents yet.

Hi, I am having the same problem , only submitted DS260 but got a review note... nothing was shown as well..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Same issue. Received email this morning that we have a message. We’ve tried different computers and iPads and different browsers Safari, Chrome, and Internet Explorer. The message box is blank. Anyone work this out or do we have to call?

046C6F14-2EF9-4C78-B418-185B8E1C0CB2.jpeg

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ann Blair said:

Same issue. Received email this morning that we have a message. We’ve tried different computers and iPads and different browsers Safari, Chrome, and Internet Explorer. The message box is blank. I got the same email twice and am thinking now maybe the email content was the message. I’m thinking them changing it from Incomplete status to Submitted then Completed is the message. 

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
On 5/28/2020 at 5:00 PM, Ann Blair said:

Same issue. Received email this morning that we have a message. We’ve tried different computers and iPads and different browsers Safari, Chrome, and Internet Explorer. The message box is blank. Anyone work this out or do we have to call?

Did you check to see if your pop-up blocker is on?

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Well....same issue here.  Got the email this morning (6/2/2020) from NVC/CEAC. Not only did the link included in the email message fail, I/we are having the same difficulty getting the message to actually load. The message box is blank, waiting several minutes for it to load just results in a time-out, tried different browsers, devices, etc.

The message with link that doesn't work
==================

Dear xxx xxxxxx,

The National Visa Center (NVC) updated the status of your immigrant visa application. Please go to the Department of State's Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) at https://nvc.state.gov/ceac. (<-- clicking this link results in a CEAC/NVC page not found page display) You will need your NVC case number and invoice ID number to log into your account.

Once you have logged into CEAC, please look in your message box or on the Status Chart at the bottom of the page. If NVC has feedback on any items you submitted, there will be a new message with details. If not, please simply follow the updated instructions on your Status Chart to complete your case. If any column says "Pay Now", "Invalid Doc", "Incomplete", or "Re-Opened", that means you must take action by paying a fee, submitting a form, or uploading a corrected/missing document.

Regards,
National Visa Center,
U.S. Department of State
https://nvc.state.gov/ask

Case ID: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Invoice ID: xxxxxxxxxxxx

**NOTE: Please do not reply to this email. This is not a monitored account. If you have questions or need to get in touch with NVC, please follow the instructions at https://nvc.state.gov/ask to call or email us.**

==================

DS-260_Review_Note.jpg

Timeline

I have submitted an inquiry, a case number is required, need to use the public inquiry form, the inquiry link in the NVC/CEAC control panel does not work, it goes to a dead form/file not found. 

ASK-NVC.jpg

Timeline

No update to provide as of 6/5/2020. It seems this has been going on for some time. Have not received a response, will continue to followup if I/we get any news or how to deal with the problem to share. COVID-19 and changes in the entire process, guidelines and procedures it's apparent that it is going all automated and electronic, getting a 'human' on the phone that can help is not what it use to be....

I was having the same problem and after 5 days finally got the message to load.  Here is a copy of the message.

The police certificate required for COUNTRY is not needed in order for the interview to be scheduled. However, the police certificate must be obtained and uploaded before the visa interview. Please use our Document Finder at https://nvc.state.gov/find for acceptable documents guidelines.

Timeline

I received a response to my ASKNVC inquiry this AM.  It did not answer my question regarding what two messages that are shown are in reference to or asking about nor did it provide any assistance in how to open messages or indicate that they were aware of any faults in the system. The response was of little to no help. 

====================

Dear Sir/Madam:

NVC recently received a fee payment or document(s) from you. However, we need to have all of the following items before we can complete your case and schedule a visa interview:

1)  Immigrant Visa Application (Form DS-260) - complete and submit one of these forms for each person who intends to immigrate. 

2)  Affidavit of Support form and financial supporting evidence (not required for employment-based petitions). The petitioner must complete this form. 

3)  Civil Documents: submit the required civil documents, such as birth certificates and marriage certificates, for each person who intends to immigrate.

You must complete the visa application form by using the Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) at https://ceac.state.gov. Then, scan and upload the required financial and civil documents to CEAC. To log on, you will need your NVC case number and the invoice ID number.

For detailed instructions on completing the FORM DS-260 and uploading documents to CEAC, or to see current case review processing times, visit our website at https://nvc.state.gov/timeframes.

Once you have submitted all of the applicable items above, we will review them and let you know if anything is missing, or if any other action is required. 

***FINANCIAL SPONSORSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES: Financial sponsors, joint sponsors, and applicants should be aware of the responsibilities arising from a sponsor signing an I-864 and the consequences of a sponsored immigrant's acceptance of federal means-tested public benefits. For more information visit https://nvc.state.gov/aos ***

April| Inquiry Management

Department of State CA/VO/DO/NVC

LDRM | DTSV | Contractor

DOS - National Visa Center

cid:image001.jpg@01D60812.0A4C3B90

IMPORTANT: Please do not respond to this email. For further communication with the NVC, please use the Public Inquiry Form on https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry.

If your visa petition is currently processing at the National Visa Center, do not let more than one year pass without contacting NVC. If a period of one year passes from the last date of contact (by telephone, mail, or e-mail) with NVC, all submitted fees and documents expire. If this occurs, the fees must be paid again and documents must be resubmitted in order to continue the immigration process.

DO NOT mail original documents to the National Visa Center.  You will need to bring these to your visa interview at the U.S Embassy or Consulate.

For additional information on immigrant visa processing please visit our Applicant Resources and Guides webpage at nvc.state.gov/resources.

This email is Sensitive but Unclassified based on the definitions provided in 12 FAM 540.

Any information in this transmission pertaining to the issuance or refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be considered confidential under Section 222(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) [8 US C. Section 1202]. Access to and use of such information must be solely for the formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the United States under INA 222(f) and as specified in FAM guidance. If you have received such information in error, do not review, retransmit, disclose, disseminate, use, or take any action in reliance upon this information, and contact the sender as soon as possible.

====================

Timeline

I finally got that message to load! I don’t know if everyone’s message is the same, but if you still can’t see it I would call. I’ve pasted our message below.

Here’s the number if anyone needs it.

National Visa Center (NVC)

Phone(603) 334-0700

7:00 a.m. - 12:00 midnight EST

Monday through Friday

——

DS-260 Review note

NVC cannot review your submitted documents until we have received all of the required documents DS-260, Civil Documents and Financial Documents. Once these documents have been submitted, we will review your case. Please follow your CEAC Home page and https://nvc.state.gov.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.