s.ramos510

Visa Approved - but IN AP

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

my cr1 spouse visa was approved On 10/15/2019 during the interview the officer told him, "visa approved passport will be ready in 10 days" 

However ceac showed ready on the day of, then around 4pm eastern it changed to AP and this morning at 7:45 it went back to ready and then at 8:00 am switched again to AP. 

I emailed us travel docs and they said" Please be informed that the status of the case was placed under Administrative Processing which takes 60-180 days after the visa applicant's interview by a consular officer or the last submission of documents."

But we were informed of AP during the interview. Please advise anyone who has had a similar experience and can share what the ceac statuses would look like after an approval. 

thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, s.ramos510 said:

Hi all,

my cr1 spouse visa was approved On 10/15/2019 during the interview the officer told him, "visa approved passport will be ready in 10 days" 

However ceac showed ready on the day of, then around 4pm eastern it changed to AP and this morning at 7:45 it went back to ready and then at 8:00 am switched again to AP. 

I emailed us travel docs and they said" Please be informed that the status of the case was placed under Administrative Processing which takes 60-180 days after the visa applicant's interview by a consular officer or the last submission of documents."

But we were informed of AP during the interview. Please advise anyone who has had a similar experience and can share what the ceac statuses would look like after an approval. 

thanks!

Ceac status is Administrative Processing 

After approval it says Issued

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

1 hour ago, s.ramos510 said:

Please advise anyone who has had a similar experience and can share what the ceac statuses would look like after an approval.

What you described is completely normal. What I suggest is do not pay attention much to the back and forth statuses. You only care about one status only, that is "Issued". They say 10 days, but it could be 2 weeks or 3 weeks until you see that "Issued". In the meantime, the status will bounce back and forth. 

21 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

What you described is completely normal. What I suggest is do not pay attention much to the back and forth statuses. You only care about one status only, that is "Issued". They say 10 days, but it could be 2 weeks or 3 weeks until you see that "Issued". In the meantime, the status will bounce back and forth. 

Thank you so therefore is like a standard AP not like a 221g AP ? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.