iranianiniraq

Confused about DS 260

15 posts in this topic

Hi, I submitted my DS 260 form a couple weeks ago. I just noticed that the question

"Have you traveled to any countries/regions within the last five years?"

Does not have a yes or no option selected. I am petrified, I could have sworn I put all the information in, but I dont remember since it has been a few weeks. What should I do? Is it a glitch with the system? Or have I really forgotten to answer that question? I would be surprised that it let me submit the form without picking "Yes" or "No". All other answers are selected "Yes" or "No"

Ok, there is something weird. I actually dont remember this question even being there when I filled out the form a couple weeks ago. The page on which this information appears is "Additional Work/Education/Training Information"

Up until 2 weeks ago, this form looked like this : (look at the 8:15 minute marker) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXT1n39eQo8

image.png.35320ff92639c3be9baee293c78de915.png

Now when I review my form, I see

image.png.f206d9f6bd6fd991eccf9df7f35267eb.png

This is very worrying - I would think they would want to know travel history no? I didnt remember seeing it - and I watched through that video, and there is no where they ask that question, and then I also search google for the question, I only see it the context of DS-160 (NIV applicaiton), NOT the DS 260. 

It seems like everyone waiting for NVC review should be in the same boat that I am. Am I missing something? Sorry if I am overlooking something obvious,. 

Ok, so a big releif. Looks like this question was recently added (its gotta be in the past week or so) because I know someone with a pending ds-260, and this is a required question, it does not let them proceed without it.. I wonder what they will do for people who already submitted the form when this question was not there? 

image.png.d14d2745945481d8c96f04dcfe7d98cd.png

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

That wasn't there when I submitted my DS-260 in September. Probably a new question in DS-260. You should be fine. If anything, they'll ask you about it in the interview.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: France
Timeline

Definitely had that section (we submitted our DS-260 on Oct 20th), but it was buggy. We would fill it out and it would randomly disappear during the review process so we filled it again 2 or 3 more times.

Edited by Velsay

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I was/am also a little confused by that question. I'm just going to look at it as a straight forward yes or no question. In our case the answer will be yes, because my have has visited the US in the last 5 years.

My Assumption: The question relates to travel outside the beneficiary's curent county of residence.   

My logic:

If you answer "yes" to the question "Have you ever been in the U.S.?"  in the "Previous U.S. Travel Information" and the visit was in the last 5 years, then the US should be included in the

"Have you traveled to any countries/regions within the last five years?"

Edit: I was wrong, United States isn't an option in the drop-down menu when you answer "yes"

Edited by Scott001

I-130                                                                 I-129F

Spoiler

Mailed: Mar. 9, 2019 (Phoenix LB)              Aug. 9,  2019

Delivered: Mar. 12, 2019                               Aug. 12, 2019

NOA1/PD: Mar. 15,  2019 (LIN)                   Aug. 15,  2019

NOA2: Sep. 24, 2019 - Approved                 Sep. 24, 2019 - Denied 

I-130 sent to NVC: Oct. 8, 2019

Received NVC: Oct. 18, 2019

NVC Case#: Nov. 09, 2019 (Assigned to China, should be Japan )

AOS Submitted: Nov. 18, 2019

IV Submitted:  Dec. 23, 2019

AOS/IV Approved: Jan. 16, 2020 

Interview Scheduled: Jan. 23, 2020

Request location change: Mid Nov. 2019 --> Feb. 21, 2020

Contacted my Reps (House, Senate): Feb. 5, 2020 - Rep contacted Guangzhou & Tokyo. 

Response 1: Feb. 11, 2020 - Guangzhou gave copy/paste info to my Rep's office.

Response 2: Feb. 18, 2020 - Tokyo Embassy - Requested transfer fm China - Case moved to Administrative Processing 

A Short Time Later after talking with Rep. Case's office, they contacted the embassies again. 

Response 3: Feb. 21, 2020 - Transfer complete; New interview scheduled.

Interview Date: Mar. 2, 2020 - Tokyo Embassy 

Interview Result: Approved

Visa Issued: Mar. 4, 2020

Visa in hand: Mar. 6, 2020

Time: ~359 Days from start to finish 

POE:  Stupid COVID-19 delaying travel to the US....

POE: Aug. 13, 2020 - San Francisco 

SSN: Oct. 23, 2020

GC: Aug 5, 2021 (51 weeks from entry)

I-751

NOA1 - May 20, 2022 CA Service Center

NOA2 - July 20, 2022 Case Transfered to NBC

NOA3 - Mar 6, 2023 48 month GC extension letter

NOA4 - Sep 1, 2023 Biometrics Appointment 

Update - Oct 6, 2023 Case status update to show fingerprints taken  

:clock:

• 2 months later...
Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

I know this is an old thread, but it's a nightmare the travel history info is reset every other day and I need to re-enter the same info again. Has anyone know the workaround or is it browser specific issue to cause it? I am using Firefox. TIA.

Edited by JuJu83

4 minutes ago, JuJu83 said:

I know this is an old thread, but it's a nightmare the travel history info is reset every other day and I need to re-enter the same info again. Has anyone know the workaround or is it browser specific issue to cause it? I am using Firefox. TIA.

I haven't had any issues in google chrome.   I'd advise keeping a copy of your travel and work history in a separate document that you keep updated as these questions also come up if you apply for other visas or in other processes.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

I haven't had any issues in google chrome.   I'd advise keeping a copy of your travel and work history in a separate document that you keep updated as these questions also come up if you apply for other visas or in other processes.

Thank you. Just this session is having issue at the moment. I will try using Chrome.

Timeline
2 hours ago, JuJu83 said:

This happened to me in Firefox just days ago, multiple times with this very question! Finally had to enter each country, hit "save" at the bottom (not the "next" button), enter the next country, save again and so on, and it saved it for good. Or hopefully Chrome works better, as recommended above. But this question had me thinking I was going crazy, because info kept disappearing.

Edited by otta

Timeline
2 minutes ago, otta said:

This happened to me in Firefox just days ago, multiple times with this very question! Finally had to enter each country, hit "save" at the bottom (not the "next" button), enter the next country, save again and so on, and it saved it for good. Or hopefully Chrome works better, as recommended above. But this question had me thinking I was going crazy, because info kept disappearing.

I clicked save, exit, logout many times for the past few days with different times/PCs. still disappeared! It's very random.

Edited by JuJu83

Timeline
On 2/17/2020 at 10:30 PM, otta said:

Did you work this question out? I logged back in today and my answers for travel history were wiped again! Even though I'd logged back in a couple times before and the travel info was there, it's now gone again...

It seems work better in Chrome. It kept my saved travel history at least 2 days before I finalized and submitted it. Tired of missing info....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.