Jump to content
NatalieAyers

Priority Date and AP

11 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know if the CO looks at your priority date at the time of your interview?

I'm asking because my husband had his interview on September 26 and was put into AP.

Our service center was California and our priority date (December 14, 2018) just now became current. 

I'm just brain storming since we weren't given a reason for being put into AP and no other documents have been requested 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NatalieAyers said:

Does anyone know if the CO looks at your priority date at the time of your interview?

I'm asking because my husband had his interview on September 26 and was put into AP.

Our service center was California and our priority date (December 14, 2018) just now became current. 

I'm just brain storming since we weren't given a reason for being put into AP and no other documents have been requested 

Ghasa is a high fraud country.  The consulate is probably still verifying information


March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NatalieAyers said:

Does anyone know if the CO looks at your priority date at the time of your interview?

I'm asking because my husband had his interview on September 26 and was put into AP.

Our service center was California and our priority date (December 14, 2018) just now became current. 

I'm just brain storming since we weren't given a reason for being put into AP and no other documents have been requested 

 No the Co doesn’t look at ur priority date n spousal visas don’t become current , they always available so ur priority date doesn’t matter here

when was the interview because everyone goes through AP after the interview 

I was in AP for 8working days before I was finally issued at the Ghana 🇬🇭 embassy n it took exactly a month for me to get my passport bck after my interview 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Mrs Oduro said:

 No the Co doesn’t look at ur priority date n spousal visas don’t become current , they always available so ur priority date doesn’t matter here

when was the interview because everyone goes through AP after the interview 

I was in AP for 8working days before I was finally issued at the Ghana 🇬🇭 embassy n it took exactly a month for me to get my passport bck after my interview 

His interview was September 26 .. and they did not keep his passport .. just AP with no additonal requested documentation 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, NatalieAyers said:

His interview was September 26 .. and they did not keep his passport .. just AP with no additonal requested documentation 

Then there’s something they not convinced about so they have to do more checks on their side and if they satisfied ur hubby will be called or emailed with further instructions 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Mrs Oduro said:

Then there’s something they not convinced about so they have to do more checks on their side and if they satisfied ur hubby will be called or emailed with further instructions 

It's that part that I don't understand, them not being convinced .. I front loaded and side loaded my case .. We had flight information from all 3 trips, affidavits from 2 people from his side and 2 people from my side, chats and pictures and a breakdown of our timeline .. I just don't get it .. Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NatalieAyers said:

It's that part that I don't understand, them not being convinced .. I front loaded and side loaded my case .. We had flight information from all 3 trips, affidavits from 2 people from his side and 2 people from my side, chats and pictures and a breakdown of our timeline .. I just don't get it .. Thanks 

It’s very difficult to tell what a Co is looking for or thinking at a particular time

-has any of u been married b4 ?

... hopefully u won’t be in AP for long 

sometimes it might not be the evidences but smthn else

we pray this won’t take long n he’s called to drop off his passport after their checks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Mrs Oduro said:

It’s very difficult to tell what a Co is looking for or thinking at a particular time

-has any of u been married b4 ?

... hopefully u won’t be in AP for long 

sometimes it might not be the evidences but smthn else

we pray this won’t take long n he’s called to drop off his passport after their checks

 

I was married before, divorced for over 10 years .. neither one of us have children .. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2019 at 12:56 PM, NatalieAyers said:

Does anyone know if the CO looks at your priority date at the time of your interview?

I'm asking because my husband had his interview on September 26 and was put into AP.

Our service center was California and our priority date (December 14, 2018) just now became current. 

I'm just brain storming since we weren't given a reason for being put into AP and no other documents have been requested 

If you are a USC, which I assume you are- then priority dates dont apply. If you were an LPR filing for your spouse then the priority date would matter. For those cases NVC wont even send you instructions until the date is current. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2019 at 8:09 PM, NatalieAyers said:

His interview was September 26 .. and they did not keep his passport .. just AP with no additonal requested documentation 

Same happened to my fiance...no explanation, no requested for documents. He was given an AP. after doing research i found out our k-1 was sent back to USICS. We decided to get married and file cr-1.  We are now waiting on NOA2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Lojoy said:

Same happened to my fiance...no explanation, no requested for documents. He was given an AP. after doing research i found out our k-1 was sent back to USICS. We decided to get married and file cr-1.  We are now waiting on NOA2

Wow .. that seems unfair .. hopefully that will not be our outcome since we are CR1 .. good luck and thanks for the feedback 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...