8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

Hi all,

I recently placed a request to expedite my EAD based on financial difficulties. The two days later I received an email from USCIS asking for a proof of "job offer" to fax them.

I wanna know from those ppl who got their EAD cards by expediting it if they were ever asked to provide a job offer letter by USCIS.

Also, what is the process and documents that usually USCIS ask when someone places an expedited request based on financial difficulties.

Thanks

16 minutes ago, Liflead said:

Hi all,

I recently placed a request to expedite my EAD based on financial difficulties. The two days later I received an email from USCIS asking for a proof of "job offer" to fax them.

I wanna know from those ppl who got their EAD cards by expediting it if they were ever asked to provide a job offer letter by USCIS.

Also, what is the process and documents that usually USCIS ask when someone places an expedited request based on financial difficulties.

Thanks

Asking for proof of job offer for EAD expedite is quite common. It is not surprising. Most expedite request are not a simple "ask and you will receive". Some form of evidence is usually required. This is to reduce frivolous requests.

Simply provide them with a job offer letter.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

*** Moved to "Working & Traveling During US Immigration"

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I was asked to submit one, just make sure you also print out and include the email that you got.

I did not submit anything showing financial difficulty or unexpected expenses. Just a job offer and a completed background check (which I'm not sure was necessary). I got the card within a week of submitting the evidence.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Unlockable said:

Asking for proof of job offer for EAD expedite is quite common. It is not surprising. Most expedite request are not a simple "ask and you will receive". Some form of evidence is usually required. This is to reduce frivolous requests.

Simply provide them with a job offer letter.

Thanks for your reply. Ya I guessed that as I read many times here on VJ people mentioning it. But I am not sure if ppl who requested for expediting already had a job offer in hand and mentioned the same while placing the request.

Also, when u apply for a job, one of the first few questions that the employer asks in the form is "if you have a work authorization". When you check "No", the employer doesn't even bother to call you for an interview.

Hence i was wondering if they ask for evidences that's relevant to the financial difficulties category. 

Well! I spoke to the tier 2 officer sometime back and explained him the situation and he asked us to send whatever documents we have and they will look into it. Hope I get a job offer that wud be the simplest thing. 🙄🙏

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

My situation was a little bit different in that I got my job through a researcher I worked with as a grad student at another institution, so the position was tailored to me a little.

Having said that, you shouldn't say "no" when they ask if you have work authorization. They are asking that because they don't want to sponsor visas etc - which they don't have to for you as you are getting an EAD/GC through marriage. If you can get a start date a few months into the future, request an expedite after you get the offer in hand. Make clear to your prospective employers that they do NOT have to sponsor you to work or pay any extra fees. The expedite process isn't particularly fast - mine took a little over a month, and the first time I never even got the email asking for evidence, so I had to put in a second request over the phone.

Timeline
On 10/3/2019 at 1:28 PM, AffableAndy said:

My situation was a little bit different in that I got my job through a researcher I worked with as a grad student at another institution, so the position was tailored to me a little.

Having said that, you shouldn't say "no" when they ask if you have work authorization. They are asking that because they don't want to sponsor visas etc - which they don't have to for you as you are getting an EAD/GC through marriage. If you can get a start date a few months into the future, request an expedite after you get the offer in hand. Make clear to your prospective employers that they do NOT have to sponsor you to work or pay any extra fees. The expedite process isn't particularly fast - mine took a little over a month, and the first time I never even got the email asking for evidence, so I had to put in a second request over the phone.

Thanks! I will try that. I hope it helps. I already past 4 month since we sent our AOS application. As it's already such a long time that we might even get EAD approval soon without expediting. We might even get a GC interview soon. So confused but thanks for sharing your experience. 😊🙏

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/3/2019 at 9:13 AM, Liflead said:

Hi all,

Thanks

Did you end up sending a job offer or were you able to just send documents of financial hardships? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.