PolarPear

I-751 October Filers

311 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
1 minute ago, Pat&Vince said:

Hey everyone,

MSC case here, and according to VJ Sunday's estimate, it has been two weeks that I am overdue. is anyone else getting the same result? Just wondering what kind of data is used to draw such conclusion.

How are you able to see that? I filed in Oct 2019 (beginning the 3rd maybe), my case has been scheduled for an interview since may 20th 2020. The VJ timeline emails at the end of every week say I will have an approval approximately in March or April. Can't believe that for removing conditions we have to wait for so long.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
1 minute ago, vilkim said:

How are you able to see that? I filed in Oct 2019 (beginning the 3rd maybe), my case has been scheduled for an interview since may 20th 2020. The VJ timeline emails at the end of every week say I will have an approval approximately in March or April. Can't believe that for removing conditions we have to wait for so long.

Ha! Interesting, what is your service center?

My timeline is very similar to yours, status changed to "ready to be scheduled" mid-May, and since then... crickets.

This is the result I got the past two Sundays (after it went from spring 2021, to November/Dec 2020 for a while)

620819939_ScreenShot2020-08-25at8_50_13AM.png.9f2ff89bfd3f1ef88c22cbeb837309be.png

My timeline is very similar to yours, status changed to "ready to be scheduled" mid-May, and since then... crickets.

This is the result I got the past two Sundays (after it went from spring 2021, to November/Dec 2020 for a while)

620819939_ScreenShot2020-08-25at8_50_13AM.png.9f2ff89bfd3f1ef88c22cbeb837309be.png

it is MSC. The slowest. I feel punished for deciding to get married in my home country, so my husband can meet my family and parents and spend some time where I am coming from. First had to wait 1.5 year to be able to go back to the USA, and now because I had my first interview in my country, the want to interview me again and my case is sent to the slowest freaking center. I am over it.

Timeline
1 minute ago, vilkim said:

it is MSC. The slowest. I feel punished for deciding to get married in my home country, so my husband can meet my family and parents and spend some time where I am coming from. First had to wait 1.5 year to be able to go back to the USA, and now because I had my first interview in my country, the want to interview me again and my case is sent to the slowest freaking center. I am over it.

I hear you, the process is so long and tedious... we need to just try not to think about it and go on with our daily life.

With ROC not having direct impact on an immigrant status, I find myself less obsessed with the process (### opposed to the I-130/Cr-1), but I'll be relieved once the 10 years green card is granted, as well as naturalization.

Where in the US are you? I'm in the Bay Area here, and I'm more concerned about the backlog at my local office than MSC honestly, especially in COVID uncertain times...

34 minutes ago, Pat&Vince said:

I hear you, the process is so long and tedious... we need to just try not to think about it and go on with our daily life.

With ROC not having direct impact on an immigrant status, I find myself less obsessed with the process (### opposed to the I-130/Cr-1), but I'll be relieved once the 10 years green card is granted, as well as naturalization.

Where in the US are you? I'm in the Bay Area here, and I'm more concerned about the backlog at my local office than MSC honestly, especially in COVID uncertain times...

I am in Wyoming, we have a very small field office in Casper, one room literally. So it won't be any different. Ya, you're right. But now I am trying to deal with an expired passport and etc. So all of this definitely gives you headache. Instead of living like a normal person especially at these times.

Timeline
On 8/25/2020 at 8:51 AM, Pat&Vince said:

Nevermind, it now says April 2021... quite the jump forward lol (bit desperate though, *sigh*)

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 8/31/2020 at 8:13 AM, Pat&Vince said:

Nevermind, it now says April 2021... quite the jump forward lol (bit desperate though, *sigh*)

HA! and today it says "Any day now!" - this estimate is all over the place... *sigh*

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline
On 9/20/2020 at 8:08 PM, Pat&Vince said:

HA! and today it says "Any day now!" - this estimate is all over the place... *sigh*

Same here!

Right now I am debating whether It’s better to wait until this process is over before applying for citizenship.... Or just send everything now, and be done with it. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mar&Ant said:

Same here!

Right now I am debating whether It’s better to wait until this process is over before applying for citizenship.... Or just send everything now, and be done with it. 

I hear ya... I just emailed my lawyer asking for guidance, as my window for the N400 opens up in 2 weeks. I'm a bit torn, not sure if applying now will help or slow things down even more

😕

BTW, dans quel état es-tu (si je peux me permettre de poser la question en français).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

I hear ya... I just emailed my lawyer asking for guidance, as my window for the N400 opens up in 2 weeks. I'm a bit torn, not sure if applying now will help or slow things down even more

😕

BTW, dans quel état es-tu (si je peux me permettre de poser la question en français).

Je suis en Californie, à San Jose plus précisément :). J’ai lu dans un post plus haut que tu étais dans la région de San Francisco aussi. 
 Il me semble que les délais sont plus longs en Californie, on a de la chance haha

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mar&Ant said:

Je suis en Californie, à San Jose plus précisément :). J’ai lu dans un post plus haut que tu étais dans la région de San Francisco aussi. 
 Il me semble que les délais sont plus longs en Californie, on a de la chance haha

Ah bin on est quasi voisins du coup! On est effectivement a SF (Twin Peaks). 

C'est ce que j'ai lu aussi, les délais aux bureaux de l'USCIS sont assez longs dans le coin, pffff!  Note que je préfère ca que d'habiter au fin fond de l'Oklahoma (no offense Oklahoma folks!)

Hi everyone! Fellow October filer and MSCer. I hadn't checked our status in a long time to avoid driving myself crazy. May 13 ready to schedule the interview but no notification. My heart sunk thinking we had missed the letter, but it sounds like people here are going through a similar situation. My wife is good into June of next year so I'm not too worried, but I saw some of the estimations for spring of 2021 and that's a little close for comfort. I'm certain that with everything going on, there will be extensions granted for most cases, but crossing my fingers this gets done sooner rather than later! Hope you guys are all safe and hanging in there!

On 9/26/2020 at 11:08 AM, dswan388 said:

Hi everyone! Fellow October filer and MSCer. I hadn't checked our status in a long time to avoid driving myself crazy. May 13 ready to schedule the interview but no notification. My heart sunk thinking we had missed the letter, but it sounds like people here are going through a similar situation. My wife is good into June of next year so I'm not too worried, but I saw some of the estimations for spring of 2021 and that's a little close for comfort. I'm certain that with everything going on, there will be extensions granted for most cases, but crossing my fingers this gets done sooner rather than later! Hope you guys are all safe and hanging in there!

Congrats!

Where did you see the estimations?

9 hours ago, PolarPear said:

Congrats!

Where did you see the estimations?

I just read a the last few pages of this thread. I seem to remember that Visa Journey will send you emails (daily, weekly, monthly?) about when they think your paperwork will be processed. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Good Morning all. 

Lincoln filer from October 2019.

Filed Removal of Conditions 10/28/2019

NOA/Extension 11/01/2019

Fingerprints 02/07/2020

Approval online this morning 10/05/2020

It said it was approved October 2nd on the website, I guess maybe there's some delay built into the website since it didn't say approved until today.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.