Beddy2015

N400 October 2019 Filers!

1,174 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, AmericanLife said:

At long last, the journey has ended today! I'm a US citizen! I accept the rights and responsibilities of this privilege! 

(Oath of naturalization done at Chicago Illinois, 06/30/2020 at 11:30am)

I thank you all for your assistance and comrade long the way! 

Congratulations 😁 I am going tomorrow and I am so exited. Can you share how are they handling/managing the ceremony? What is the procedure now? 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
21 hours ago, vintage10 said:

Congratulations 😁 I am going tomorrow and I am so exited. Can you share how are they handling/managing the ceremony? What is the procedure now? 

Thanks! Sorry, just seen it! I'm glad you're done now too! Congratulations!

On 7/1/2020 at 12:48 AM, AmericanLife said:

At long last, the journey has ended today! I'm a US citizen! I accept the rights and responsibilities of this privilege! 

(Oath of naturalization done at Chicago Illinois, 06/30/2020 at 11:30am)

I thank you all for your assistance and comrade long the way! 

Congratulations!! Please share your experience!!

1 hour ago, vintage10 said:

Finally... as of today I can say that I am a citizen of the United States. Good luck to all of you waiting.

Congratulations!! Please share your experience!! Mine is on Monday....super excited!!

1 hour ago, Boatman_ said:

Congratulations to both of you. Illinois is doing a lot better than NJ.

To all Newark,NJ Oct 2019 filers..any updates?

Thank you. Yes they are surprisingly fast. 

1 hour ago, DesiGirlChicago said:

Congratulations!! Please share your experience!! Mine is on Monday....super excited!!

Thank you. After security check they seat you (it was on the lowest level). We were only 10 people taking the oath. We were scheduled at 11:15. They only let us in  the building 30 minutes prior the schedule. I am not sure why but they only started at 11:45. So we were sitting and waiting about an hour (and it was cold). But than the whole oath lasted 2 minutes 😂. No pictures were allowed. They handed our certificate and off we go. Everybody was super nice. Good luck you are so close. 

Just got a text/sms saying my case is updated, when i verified on https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus it says oath ceremony notice mailed, but nothing is updated on my-account uscis page. So I guess I need to wait for sometime before it gets updated on myaccount page. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Chicago filer here and interview was cleared in the first week of March. 

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, KP2019 said:

Just got a text/sms saying my case is updated, when i verified on https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus it says oath ceremony notice mailed, but nothing is updated on my-account uscis page. So I guess I need to wait for sometime before it gets updated on myaccount page. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Chicago filer here and interview was cleared in the first week of March. 

So i just logged on this morning and found they scheduled oath on july 1. Did not get an email or anything. They scheduled it for the end of the month.

Also chicago filer.

On 7/1/2020 at 2:25 PM, DesiGirlChicago said:

How did it go? can you share your experience please? also after how many days you started seeing notice posted on my account page?

On 6/24/2020 at 3:20 PM, Jhon_A said:

My Biometrics was in November,  was is your completion time?

Newark here:

applied October, Biometrics October.

Haven't heard anything after that. 

Case status says: July 2020

13 hours ago, KP2019 said:

How did it go? can you share your experience please? also after how many days you started seeing notice posted on my account page?

Short and Sweet experience it was. Was asked to get in at 8:45a only as my scheduled time was 9:15a. Very simple oath :) Last year my friends have done amazing fun and celebration - nothing like that happened for me though. Am glad, the ceremony actually happened in all the chaotic world we are in now :) I was out around 9:25a with the cert in hand!!. Thanks to the USCIS officers for their professionalism and support.

The status changed to "Certificate Of Naturalization Was Issued" around 6pm only. Till then I was basking under the Chicago Sun with friends. From Oct 2019 to July 2020 is the loooooong path I went through. So happy that finally this major work is COMPLETED.

I want to thank Visa Journey folks for all the support and guidance provided. Please keep the same spirit in helping each other. It really matters.

Best wishes to all who are in queue - you will be done too. Congratulations to all others who are getting it finally.

Love!!

9 hours ago, DesiGirlChicago said:

Short and Sweet experience it was. Was asked to get in at 8:45a only as my scheduled time was 9:15a. Very simple oath :) Last year my friends have done amazing fun and celebration - nothing like that happened for me though. Am glad, the ceremony actually happened in all the chaotic world we are in now :) I was out around 9:25a with the cert in hand!!. Thanks to the USCIS officers for their professionalism and support.

The status changed to "Certificate Of Naturalization Was Issued" around 6pm only. Till then I was basking under the Chicago Sun with friends. From Oct 2019 to July 2020 is the loooooong path I went through. So happy that finally this major work is COMPLETED.

I want to thank Visa Journey folks for all the support and guidance provided. Please keep the same spirit in helping each other. It really matters.

Best wishes to all who are in queue - you will be done too. Congratulations to all others who are getting it finally.

Love!!

Thanks and all the best.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.